• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How did I survive my first Pampered Chef show with disabilities acting up?

I didn't make any sales! At our very first show, somehow the host's husband had the oven on too high and the oven rack to the top and we burnt our pizza crust - we made Veggie Antipasta Pizza. The top was charred black and smoke was pouring from the oven! My husband who was presenting the show lifted up the crust and said "look - the bottom is not burnt! That is how great our stones are!" Everybody started laughing and after that my husband wasn't as nervous as he was when he started the show. Luckily the host had another crust in the fridge so we were able to make another. Oops!!!And despite my disabilities acting up, I
jentapp
And despite my disabilities acting up, I survived the show! :D

My mother had 4 people show up (she refused to call anyone to remind them or confirm), 3 placed orders and the 4th is showing the catalog to her DH and to her mother (both of whom cook far more than she does). I also got her a couple of outside orders (people she invited who couldn't come, a 3rd person said that she wants to order so I have to mail her catalog since she lives 3hrs away) and 1 other outside order is supposed to be turned in next week (someone I know at class, so I'm going to put it on ma's show). So far with just the 5 orders in, we're up to $226, so hopefully we can get her up over the $300 mark with the 2 other outstanding orders. :D

The show was rather chaotic, but DH stepped in and showed off a couple of products while I was busy in the kitchen. I had to sit through at least half of the show (can't be handling sharp objects while my head is spinning), I still need a LOT of practice, and forgot a bunch of things, but hopefully they will come with time. ;)

Jennifer

Good for you Jennifer, things will get better with every show you do. Congrats on first show being done.

Congrats on your first show! It will get easier with each one and more practice you get! Good luck!

Here is my first show story ---
jentapp said:
My mother had 4 people show up (she refused to call anyone to remind them or confirm), 3 placed orders ........

The show was rather chaotic, but DH stepped in and showed off a couple of products while I was busy in the kitchen. I had to sit through at least half of the show (can't be handling sharp objects while my head is spinning), I still need a LOT of practice, and forgot a bunch of things, but hopefully they will come with time. ;)

Jennifer

Congratulations on a great start !!

You had a wonderful start compared to mine. My host invited 9 people - she mostly invited people that don't show up to anything anyway. I only had 2 show up (one was 'made' to show up and doesn't even like PC).

My Sales were $95.00. Not enough to complete the show. She tried to get orders for 2 weeks, by NOT asking anyone else if they would like to order. I asked about 3 times if she would, but she said she hadn't.

Luckily, I was able to finish out the show with other outside orders.

I also forgot a lot of things, but hopefully will remember next time !!

I thought of starting a 'first show stories' thread but don't want to scare potential recruits :eek: :eek: I guess there are great stories out there too though :D :D

I am not discouraged though, I imagine they can only get better !!! (barring any major problems)

Jennifer that was a GREAT first show. I think it was wonderful your DH stepped in like that, really nice having that support. Good luck with a million more!!!!

Congratz on your first show!!:)

genburk said:
I thought of starting a 'first show stories' thread but don't want to scare potential recruits :eek: :eek:

NOW that's funny!!!

Congrats Jennifer! Sounds like your first show was a GREAT success! We are really happy for you!

Keep up the great work. :)

I think starting a first show thread is great! It may help potential recruits to let them know things happen to everyone and you just go on. You can also learn from other peoples mistakes!

At our very first show, somehow the host's husband had the oven on too high and the oven rack to the top and we burnt our pizza crust - we made Veggie Antipasta Pizza. The top was charred black and smoke was pouring from the oven! My husband who was presenting the show lifted up the crust and said "look - the bottom is not burnt! That is how great our stones are!" Everybody started laughing and after that my husband wasn't as nervous as he was when he started the show.

Luckily the host had another crust in the fridge so we were able to make another.

Oops!!!
jentapp said:
And despite my disabilities acting up, I survived the show! :D

So far with just the 5 orders in, we're up to $226, so hopefully we can get her up over the $300 mark with the 2 other outstanding orders.

Jennifer

Wanna hear something funny? When I went to print up the receipts after everyone had left, I realized that I didn't charge my brother for his food chopper. I felt like a total goof calling over there to tell his wife that I need another check to be mailed this week to cover it, but we had a good laugh about it. They both realized after they had already written the check that they had forgotten to order a couple of things, so maybe they'll add those on, too. :D

Congratulationson your first show!

My first show was for a really good friend and was very odd.

Early that day she bought a smoothee maker at Target and during the middle of my demo started making smoothees, but filled it too full and it would not blend or there was chaos in the kitchen and no one was even paying attention.

I ended up loudly stating, that "hey, it's all about me right now and you need to listen!"

It wasn't the largest show I have ever done, but I did get a couple of bookings from her show and led to a couple of more, etc.

I think we all have bumpy starts and it just makes our business that much better!

My very first show, 1 person showed up and placed a 30 dollar order. I wanted to cry. But she booked a show and wound up having a 500 dollar show and was the show that pushed me over the top for my SS1 bonus. You know, it's now funny when I look back on it. I had a similar experience yesterday. I showed up and only the host and her 2 daughters were there. They had 136 in outside orders so I figured it would at least qualify but I was thinking what a waste of my time. Well I went ahead and did a regular show for them. We socialized and I ate with them and it was like I was doing this at home practicing. Well I thought this is pretty nice. No pressure, nice people. I will add some orders and get her qualified. Well, one daughter ordered 50 and one ordered 70 so she is at 255 now and the two daughters are taking the catalog to work to try to get more. It just goes to show you never know.

We want to hear your first show stories !!
genburk said:
I thought of starting a 'first show stories' thread but don't want to scare potential recruits :eek: :eek: I guess there are great stories out there too though :D :D

PCGINA said:
NOW that's funny!!!

strasfamily said:
I think starting a first show thread is great! It may help potential recruits to let them know things happen to everyone and you just go on. You can also learn from other peoples mistakes!

I started my first new thread and here is the link (hope it works!)

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=11121

Great job Jennifer. It will get easier as you do more shows.

Your off to a good start, keep pratcing it will come more natural over time, the more shows you do the more things will become second nature to you. I have been selling for five months, I relax and have fun, and play off the guest and the hostess, They always have fun!! :) good luck with your future shows!!

Way to go on your FIRST! Just remember... Bad or good, there is only one FIRST show! Aren't you glad you're past it?!

Hey Jennifer,

Congrats on your first show being DONE!!!

I was in your neck of the woods today. Had to take DS to see the polar bears. :) Then we got rained out and left by noon.

Congrats on your first show!!

The girl that I had signed on under told me the story of her first show and she had set the hosts stove on fire so you did great!!

Heather

I almost fainted during my first show due to my being 5 weeks preggo and I hadn't told anyone yet so I had to cover VERY well.

Related to How did I survive my first Pampered Chef show with disabilities acting up?

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that sells high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and food products through in-home cooking shows.

How do I host a Pampered Chef show?

To host a Pampered Chef show, you can either contact a Pampered Chef consultant or go online and fill out a show request form. A consultant will help you plan and host a successful show in your home or virtual setting.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

When you host a Pampered Chef show, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as host-exclusive offers. You also have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and have a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family.

How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up on the Pampered Chef website or contact a consultant for more information. As a consultant, you can earn a flexible income, discounts on products, and be a part of a supportive community.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee for all products purchased within one year. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Geoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
c00p
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire