• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Effectively Coach Repeat Hosts to Elevate Their Performance?

In summary, Sailortena provides a summary of the conversation, highlighting that she provides coupons to her repeat hosts, and that she uses different methods to communicate with them depending on their experience.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - I am running into an issue where I have alot of hosts who are "every year" or "Twice a Year" hosts for me. I love them to death, but I am struggling with coaching them. They know my spiel, and expect it - but it's with an attitude of "Yeah, Yeah, you've said it all before, and I know what to do." I sometimes even feel like they are thinking "Isn't that cute - here goes Becky with her pep talk again!" I would love to change things up a bit with them and challenge them to think bigger and better than their last show - I'd like to know what all of you do with repeat hosts?

Try something new with them to get them more excited. I am doing something new with all my repeat hosts ... I give them five "hostess" coupons. For every booking they get, they use one of those coupons at their friend's show. If they get five bookings I give them the hostess special for free. Also, I give a $1 off their order for every outside order they get. This gets them more determined (I hope!) to get outside orders and try to get bookings before the show.

Sailortena - could you post or explain about the 5 coupons you use?

I have several hosts who are what I think of as "Professional Hosts." They've been hosting shows so long they almost know the stuff better than I do. (As a matter of fact, I was one of those hosts before I became a consultant.) When I give them their host kit, I remind them to look over everything really well, because things might have changed since the last time they hosted.

I tell them that I know they're an "old hat" at these things, so I know they'll let me know if they come up with any questions. Finally, I cut the number of host coaching calls I make to them. I do my standard "Got any questions?" call a few days after they get the kit. I do my "How many guests are we expecting?" call a couple of days before the show. (With most hosts I have at least one, sometimes two more calls I make.)

For everything else I use postcards. I send one that offers a prize if they exceed my high show. I send another with suggestions for a successful show. Hosts have told me they like these because they are less likely to forget what they can see or hang on their fridge.

What I find that works for repeat hosts is competition. It works better for some than others. I let them know what their last show was and they work to make the new one higher in sales or what one of their friends did in sales. Then we talk about ways to make that happen. Like last time they may have only invited work people well this time we will invite work people and give them a special bonus for bringing a friend (that we don't know) with them to the party AND invite people from the neighborhood and family.

I have found that most of my hosts don't care about the coupons. I have had one or two use them, but for the most party they could care less. Maybe because they aren't looking at the packet again after our host coaching meeting...oh well.

Related to How Can You Effectively Coach Repeat Hosts to Elevate Their Performance?

What are the benefits of coaching repeat hosts?

Coaching repeat hosts can lead to increased sales and bookings, as well as higher levels of customer satisfaction. Repeat hosts are more likely to be familiar with the products and the party experience, making it easier for them to share and promote your brand.

How can I effectively communicate with repeat hosts?

The key to effective communication with repeat hosts is to establish a personal connection. Take the time to understand their needs and preferences, and tailor your coaching approach accordingly. Use a mix of communication methods, such as phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings, to keep in touch with your repeat hosts.

What strategies can I use to motivate repeat hosts?

One effective strategy is to offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, for repeat hosts who achieve certain sales or booking goals. Another strategy is to provide ongoing support and encouragement, as well as recognition for their efforts and achievements.

What should I do if a repeat host is not meeting expectations?

If a repeat host is not meeting expectations, it's important to have an open and honest conversation with them. Ask for their feedback and try to understand any challenges they may be facing. Offer support and suggestions for improvement, and be willing to adjust your coaching approach if needed.

How can I track the progress of my repeat hosts?

There are various ways to track the progress of your repeat hosts, such as keeping a record of their sales and bookings, setting up regular check-ins, and using tracking tools provided by Pampered Chef. It's also important to regularly communicate with your repeat hosts to stay updated on their progress and address any challenges they may be facing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • k1tchng0ddess
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Bren706