• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can we help our friend without making her feel like it's charity?

In summary, my aunt has a friend who's husband has leukemia. The wife is in need of some new cookware/kitchen tools, but doesn't have the money to purchase them. My aunt is thinking that the friends of the family could host a cooking show & give the benefits to the family.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
My aunt has a friend who's husband has luekemia (sp?). This wouldn't really be a fundraiser because the husband will NOT accept any money from anyone. The wife is in need of some new cookware/kitchen tools, but doesn't have the money to purchase them. My aunt is thinking that the friends of the family could host a cooking show & give the benefits to the family.

My question is this - what would be a creative way to promote this to the wife so that she doesn't feel it's charity? My aunt thinks that the family has a lot of friends that are well-to-do & would love to help out. Her goal is to get the family the cookware for free.

My aunt has a cooking show on Tuesday & wanted me to have some ideas together to share with the wife's best friend.

So, any ideas or did I completely confuse you?!?! :)

How about a "mystery host" party, except that everyone but the recipient knows it's fixed.

chefann said:
How about a "mystery host" party, except that everyone but the recipient knows it's fixed.

Good idea Ann...have everyone put a drawing slip in a bowl to draw the host but make sure everyone but this lady knows to write down the lady's name. No matter what you draw, it will be her. :)

Show Ideasbook the friend's show through your Aunt's - then she is eligible for the Host Benefit too. Treat it like a Bridal Show (guests kicking into a "kitty" for the wife) - are they in a milestone year in their marriage (ie 10 years, 25 years, etc.)? The cookware is one of the 1/2 price items - Maybe guests could contribute to that somehow.

Is there a birthday or anniversary coming up that could be used as the "ruse" for the event?

Maybe make it a "cooking class" wherein everyone pays a set fee (and gets so much money in product and the rest goes to the "host")? Do a 50/50 draw? Use the Host Special Item as a Silent Auction Item or raffle?

Is any of this helpful?

Cute idea! I knew someone on here would be able to help me out!

1. What is "Show for a Friend W/Luekemia"?

"Show for a Friend W/Luekemia" is a fundraising event organized by Pampered Chef to support individuals battling leukemia. It is a way for friends and family to come together, have fun, and raise funds for a good cause.

2. How can I host a "Show for a Friend W/Luekemia" event?

To host a "Show for a Friend W/Luekemia" event, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant who can provide you with all the necessary information and materials. You can also visit our website and fill out a form to request a fundraising event kit.

3. How does the fundraising part work?

During the event, guests can purchase Pampered Chef products, and a percentage of the sales will be donated to the leukemia patient. Additionally, guests can also choose to make a direct donation to the cause. Your Pampered Chef consultant will handle all the transactions and donations.

4. Can I customize the event to fit the needs of my friend with leukemia?

Yes, you can. We understand that every individual's needs are different, and we are happy to work with you to create a personalized event that best supports your friend with leukemia. You can discuss your ideas with your Pampered Chef consultant, and they will do their best to accommodate your requests.

5. How can I spread the word and invite people to the event?

You can use social media, emails, text messages, and word of mouth to invite people to the event. Pampered Chef also provides customizable event flyers that you can distribute or share digitally. Your Pampered Chef consultant can also help you with marketing and promoting the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheflori
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • abell