• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make these Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies even more delicious?

In summary, these are good the next day if you keep them covered in the refrigerator. They are also good with peanut butter cups.
kam
Staff member
How are these next day?

I (believe it or not) have NEVER made these and I am dying to try them. I would like to try them this weekend - but it is only DH and I so it will take us a few days to eat these.

Are these OK after they cool? I am not sure if I read somewhere on CS that the caramel gets hard after cooling? Not sure if I imagined that or not!

Yes, they carmel gets a little hard, but they are still great the next day, as long as you keep them covered.

I usually nuke 'em for 10 sec. and then they are just like fresh baked.

I have never had left overs LOL, but I have a 16 yr old DS with lots of friends who like to hang out at our house.....so there is never anything left over LOL...

For me the caramel firms back up, but isn't hard (just not gooey!). If you like them gooey (or are going to top with some ice cream), sure, nuke them. But they eat great straight out of the pan. My SIL has been asking me to make some for family for a while... maybe I should make some tonight.But, like chefdiana said, I rarely have any left over for very long!

Thanks - that helps!! I am going to try them Saturday. We are having a snack fest on Saturday (no meal - just appetizers) so I think we have plenty of room for the brownies.

But it is good to know that they are not as gooey the next day. I think we will end up nuking them!

Love these!! I've made them 3 x already. In fact I made them tonight because I had such a craving they are awesome!

I made this on Saturday evening. All I can say is that I am such a KLUTZ. Good thing I was at home.

First, I opened our corner cabinet (with 2 lazy susan-type "rings") to get the chocolate chips and the top lazy susan must have loosened and went crashing onto the bottom one. SO, I had to unload the entire top ring and raise it back up and put everything back! That delayed the brownies by atleast 20 minutes!

Next, I got everything measured and set out for the recipe, and as I was putting the brownie mix into the bowl, I TIPPED THE OIL OVER - down the front of the counter, down the front of me, onto the floor and onto my foot! Ugh! So now I have to stop and clean up all the oil! It was awful to clean up. Must have taken 1/2 hour!

I was afraid to use the knife to cut the rolos!

But, I continued on. Got the Brownies in the oven and back out. When I went to drizzle the chocolate over he top, the bag burst!!! LOL!! It was like a comedy.

I have never had a recipe take me SO LONG to make! Since I had to keep stopping, I couldn't judge how long it would take me!

BUT - bottom line is that these are DELICIOUS! Probably the best brownies I have had. My teeth are hurting just thinking about them - they are so sweet. AND - they are OK the next day cooled down. Not as gooey - but definitely still good. I am going to bring one into work for a friend to try and I will probably nuke it for her first.

Just wanted to share a tip for the "no nuts" people. We break up pretzels with the food chopper and use them in place of the nuts. You still get the saltiness of a peanut & the crunch but no nuts. (sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else)

I do have a question about these. The recipe tells you to brush oil over the pan. Is this necessary? My pan is so nice and seasoned which is makes a natural non-stick finish so why would we brush the pan with oil? Anyone try it without the oil?

Deeder said:
I do have a question about these. The recipe tells you to brush oil over the pan. Is this necessary? My pan is so nice and seasoned which is makes a natural non-stick finish so why would we brush the pan with oil? Anyone try it without the oil?

I have a very seasoned pan as well and do not brush the oil on. It turns out fine without.

Thanks! I was curious if it would work.

I usually make these with peanut butter cups. They are Awesome the next day!!

I made these last fall and am planning to make them again this fall for shows. They're going to be one of my Fall Recipe staples for ever!!!

kmschroll2001 said:
I usually make these with peanut butter cups. They are Awesome the next day!!

Oohh, Aahh!! :love: That sounds good. Do you use mini ones to press into the brownies when they come out of the oven? What do you do the same and different in the recipe? How about melting PB morsels and drizzle over top?! I am excited to try this!

another tip - use nuts on half and chopped pretzels on the other half.... it shows another way to get the salty crunch if people don't like nuts!

Can Someone Please Explain "dh" And "ds" To Me???

oops - I just noticed someone else mentioned the pretzels.. sorry! LOL

DH - dear husband (or sometimes dumb)
DS - dear son
DD - dear daughter
DC - dear child

Deeder said:

they say that in the recipe for new pans... just mention when you do them at a show that if they are using a newer pan to use oil, but once it gets seasoned they don't need it anymore

pampchef.angel said:
Can Someone Please Explain "dh" And "ds" To Me???

If you are new to this site, you might want to check out in the Chef's Lounge section, the Hitchhiker's guide to CS. It has a lot of helpful information and kind of explains a lot of the acronyms used on here, it will help clear things up!!!

Thanks so much pampcheflisa! I am new, like haven't even rec'd my kit new, and I am in a whirlwhind of ideas and info here!

pampchef.angel said:
Thanks so much pampcheflisa! I am new, like haven't even rec'd my kit new, and I am in a whirlwhind of ideas and info here!

This site is awesome!! I wish I knew about it before I signed, I definitely think you'll have an advantage. I did not find out about it until I'd been a consultant for almost a year. I have a great cluster, but this site fills in all the blanks!!!

Sorry for the hijack.......I love the Brownies anytime!! Out of the oven or a few days later, great idea about the peanut butter cups.....yum!!!!

babywings76 said:
Oohh, Aahh!! :love: That sounds good. Do you use mini ones to press into the brownies when they come out of the oven? What do you do the same and different in the recipe? How about melting PB morsels and drizzle over top?! I am excited to try this!

I do everything the same in the recipe except that I substitute the mini PB cups for the Rolos and use peanuts instead of mixed nuts. Other than that I just follow the recipe.

Related to How can I make these Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies even more delicious?

1. How do I make the brownies more gooey and fudgy?

To achieve a gooey and fudgy texture, be sure to not overbake the brownies. Check them with a toothpick or knife, and if it comes out with some moist crumbs, they are ready to be removed from the oven.

2. Can I use a different type of nut instead of walnuts?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you prefer or have on hand. Pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts would all work well in this recipe.

3. How do I prevent the caramel from sticking to the bottom of the pan?

To prevent the caramel from sticking, make sure to generously grease the bottom of the pan with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the brownie batter.

4. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the brownies?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer. Dark or milk chocolate both work well in this recipe, or you can even use chocolate chips.

5. Can I make these brownies ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the brownies ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindsaym
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • dwyerkim
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SillyChef