• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Effectively Manage and Split Sales in a Mystery Host Show?

In summary, three people submitted orders to Julie for a $100 show. Julie is hoping to earn $500 - $600 from the three orders. If the mystery host submitted an order, they would pay full price for the product and receive the free product as a reward.
momoftwins
I wasn't quite sure where to post this so figured I would post it here.

I am doing a mystery host show this month to get June sales (earn those 2 new sharp fall products). I only had 3 people respond to collect orders. I told them I need their orders by Friday (am hoping to get this wrapped up and submitted by Saturday so I can have commission on the 9th). So far we are just under $300 in sales but one host has not given me any orders yet and I know she will have $100 for sure. One of the other hosts has about $160 in orders that she has to give me yet. So when I have everything the guest sales should be around $500-$600. I told them that the more they get the more chances they have to get things (free product, half price items, discount).

Any idea how to split that up????? Thanks in advance!

Give each of them a ticket into the drawing for each $100 in sales they submitted to you (or $50 - pick a number) and draw for
1. free product
2. each half priced item
3. host special
4. 10% off
everyone gets the % off of their order (ie. $700 show is 25% off, everyone who got orders for you gets to order what they want at 25% off - they won't have a printed receipt, but you can have them write on the triplicate so you can keep the orders separate.)

I tried a $1000 mega party idea for June needing 10 people. I only have 3 that were interested. I am going to try again in July--starting with those 3. Any suggestions?

Julie

Why not just do it with what you've got? There are still benefits to raffle off ~

Ginny

I'e done it with just 2 people...both winners! It was a $600-something show!

Ginny

When I called to get people to do the $1000 catalog show, I got some great responses! It closes on Friday, so I don't have any orders yet...don't know how it will turn out. Here's what I said:"Hi! This is Kate with TPC, do you have a couple minutes? (talk about past products, family, whatever to get them in a good mood...then) How would you like to win $200 in Free Pampered Chef Products?" If they said "tell me more" or something along those lines, I went on to say, "I'm doing something called the $1000 catalog show. I am looking for 10 people to each gather $100 in orders this week and then I'll raffle off the host benefits - one of which is $200 in free products. Would you like to be involved?" Just by calling yesterday and today I have gotten 10 people to commit - I'm looking for 5 more just in case some can't come through. I need $1023 to hit level 1 (sad, I know...long story...had 10 live shows on the books, 2 held) and I think I should be able to make it with this! Also, it gave me an in with some people who had previously not been interested in hosting - it is easy and I get more contacts. I'll have to make sure to tell you all what happens!

Wow Kate! That is awesome! I will be very curious to hear how your show comes out!

So far with 3 people doing it we are at a little over $300 in sales but I know one gal still has about $160 in orders to turn in to me. I will keep you all posted as to how my goes! Thanks for the responses!

I'm doing the $1000 mystery host catalog show thingy for July. (Thanks to a wonderful person on this site that posted the flyer!) So far I have 5 people commited. I've never had a $1000 show before and really hope it works! I had 6 shows for June and all canceled but one! Hopefully this will make for a better July.

Ellen Hill --Wave 1 --First Time!!!

Ok so my show now is over $600!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo! Not too bad for 3 people!! My question is is one of the mystery hosts placed her order as the $100 order to qualify. So then does she pay full price for that and get her free stuff (if she gets picked) as other things???? I really want to keep the guest sales high!

bumping up

Sharisse, if it were me running it, I would make the winner leave her order as a guest order and use the host benes for other stuff (she can always get a head start on her holiday shopping!). When I do mystery host things, I try to put that in a disclaimer.

I am having one that is supposed to close this week as well. I am hoping it will be at least $600. I really need that to get level 1 for the sell a thon.
Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

The benefits and how to split--remembering that their order to get in on the party is not covered by a discount they may win in the drawing. It has to be done so carefully. I am afraid I will not inform well because I can't see all the angles. Also, what about their receipts. Who can line it all out for me so I won't screw it up. I have 3 and will hunt more and try to do this in July if I think I won't mess it up.

Julie

I don't know if I do it right, but here is how I do it.
I let the participants know up front that if they don't win the grand prize drawing, their order for their 1/2 price, etc. will go under that person's name. I can provide them an initial receipt if they want one or they can contact me if something happens to it and I will get a receipt to them.
As for their orders that they get, I put them under the name of the customer that ordered.
Hope that makes sense.

cmdtrgd said:
When I called to get people to do the $1000 catalog show, I got some great responses! It closes on Friday, so I don't have any orders yet...don't know how it will turn out. Here's what I said:

"Hi! This is Kate with TPC, do you have a couple minutes? (talk about past products, family, whatever to get them in a good mood...then) How would you like to win $200 in Free Pampered Chef Products?" If they said "tell me more" or something along those lines, I went on to say, "I'm doing something called the $1000 catalog show. I am looking for 10 people to each gather $100 in orders this week and then I'll raffle off the host benefits - one of which is $200 in free products. Would you like to be involved?" Just by calling yesterday and today I have gotten 10 people to commit - I'm looking for 5 more just in case some can't come through. I need $1023 to hit level 1 (sad, I know...long story...had 10 live shows on the books, 2 held) and I think I should be able to make it with this! Also, it gave me an in with some people who had previously not been interested in hosting - it is easy and I get more contacts. I'll have to make sure to tell you all what happens!

how did this go?? :)

What is a Mystery Host Show?

A Mystery Host Show is a type of party where the host's identity is not revealed until the end of the party. This means that any of the guests who make a purchase have the chance to be chosen as the host and receive all the host benefits.

How do I become the Mystery Host?

To become the Mystery Host, you simply need to attend the party and make a purchase. Each purchase will earn you one entry into the drawing. The more you purchase, the higher your chances of being chosen as the Mystery Host.

What are the benefits of being the Mystery Host?

As the Mystery Host, you will receive all the host benefits, including free and discounted products, based on the total sales of the party. The more guests make purchases, the higher the host benefits will be.

Who is eligible to be the Mystery Host?

Any guest who makes a purchase at the Mystery Host Show is eligible to be chosen as the host. However, to be eligible, you must attend the party in person and make a purchase. Online or catalog orders do not count towards the Mystery Host drawing.

How is the Mystery Host chosen?

The Mystery Host is chosen randomly at the end of the party. All eligible guests who made a purchase will have their names entered into a draw and one name will be chosen as the host. The host will then be contacted by the consultant to claim their host benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66