• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hotel Reservation Panic: Director's Booking Lost, What to Do Next?

In summary, my director just called - she couldn't find her online confirmation of our hotel reservation - so she called the Travel Co. to confirm. The Travel Co. said they had no record of the reservation. My director is panicked because she doesn't panic easily.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My director just called - she couldn't find her online confirmation of our hotel reservation - so she called the Travel Co. to confirm....and THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF HER RESERVATION!!!

She called hoping she had copied me on the reservation - but I don't have anything either!

What are we going to do now! I don't panic easily - but now - I"M PANICKED!!!

OMGosh!
What are you going to do?!?!
What hotel were you at?

We ARE (here's hoping!) at the Chicago Hilton - she made the reservation the very first day that it was available - and we registered for a 2 bed/2 bath room.

I am just sick! And she is even more sick!

OH BOY!!!! that isn't good at all... here is hoping that you find the reservation!

Becky - I'm really disappointed with Travel Planners. I was booked for the Chicago Hilton and on a waiting list for the Sheraton. An e-mail came to see if we wanted the Palmer House Hilton. I called to confirm the switch and stay on the waiting list for the Hilton. 3-4 weeks later when I called to add Terra to our room, I was still listed for the Chicago Hilton and not anywhere on the Sheraton waiting list.

They added me, but I'm afraid we were pushed way down on the list since it was 3-4 weeks later.

has any one complained to HO about this?

Hotels and suchGet a hold of your credit card records - perhaps a reservation fee has been put on the cards - some companies, like Expedia, take payment up front. Perhaps its on your cards.

Good Luck!

janetupnorth said:
Becky - I'm really disappointed with Travel Planners. I was booked for the Chicago Hilton and on a waiting list for the Sheraton. An e-mail came to see if we wanted the Palmer House Hilton. I called to confirm the switch and stay on the waiting list for the Hilton. 3-4 weeks later when I called to add Terra to our room, I was still listed for the Chicago Hilton and not anywhere on the Sheraton waiting list.

They added me, but I'm afraid we were pushed way down on the list since it was 3-4 weeks later.

That is exactly why Jen called to confirm our reservation! Last yr we had problems, and Betsy Broene (our SD), even with printed copies in hand, has had problems with her reservations! So Jen, because she deleted the online confirmation by mistake (she thinks this is what happened) called JUST TO MAKE SURE......I could just cry!

Becky,

We MAY have an extra room still booked at the Hilton. Let me find out for you...

Lotsa Luck!!
I hate travel planners they screwed up my reservations twice!!
they are hard to work with and not very customer service friendly.

What wave are you?
My director sent an email out today saying Roommates needed.
Two people at the Hilton with Wave 1

Edited because...
Oh I just realized ...this is a wave 1 thread...!!

Last edited:
dianevill said:
Becky,

We MAY have an extra room still booked at the Hilton. Let me find out for you...

Oh Diane - if you do.......I'll bring you cookies!:eek:

I'm working on it! I left v-m messages for two people - I have to leave until 9:00 pm (central) or so, but I'll get back to you. If you want to PM me your phone number, I can check my messages during the evening and call you if I hear anything...

Okay - here is the deal - We are down to 3 people going - my director just called again and told me that one girl cancelled last night - so we just need to find room for 3, and if it's room for 2, Jen (my director) says she can sleep on the floor or rent a rollaway.

Diane - I'm getting ready to PM you my # right now!

Becky, as of right this minute, my cluster has 5 going, but 2 4-person rooms. I can check with the rest of the gang to see if they would mind sharing with your cluster. (We're at the Hilton.)

chefann said:
Becky, as of right this minute, my cluster has 5 going, but 2 4-person rooms. I can check with the rest of the gang to see if they would mind sharing with your cluster. (We're at the Hilton.)

Ann to the rescue! Thanks!

I'm keeping my director informed by phone of all the "developments"...she is enroute to a show tonight....and both of us are leaving for vacation tomorrow - so that may be why we are feeling a bit panicky!

I've got room for one, if needed! Wow, that's scary. I know I got the email confirmation, but it still scares me that this might happen. Maybe I should confirm!!!

Last Leadership, my Director had problems with Travel Planners loosing her reservation. Very frustrating...Good luck and keep up informed!

Thanks everyone for offering rooms & support! My director has never been on CS - but she sure is loving you guys right now!:D

My director had a lost reservation in Atlanta and boy was she pissed!

DebbieJ said:
My director had a lost reservation in Atlanta and boy was she pissed!

We're not to that point yet - I'm sure that will come later.....right now it's still just PANIC!

But on a happy note - (and I'm about to hijack my own PANIC thread!) I just checked my email, and had an "Online Activity" email from HO w/ an individual order of $178.00!!!

Awesome!
I'm going to get on the horn to my cluster and check on the rooms. Are you all non-smokers, Becky?

chefann said:
Awesome!
I'm going to get on the horn to my cluster and check on the rooms. Are you all non-smokers, Becky?

Yes - we are all non-smokers......hmmmm, never thought about that!

Ann - I am going to PM you too with my phone #!

Becky - call Yvonne Mattson - I can get you her number or have your director call her, she has some openings still.

Just read all your above stuff...let me know though, you guys are in her downline and her e-mail today said she still has openings so consider the above offers or let me know!

Becky - I just checked my CC statement and I got charge for 1 night for the reservation on 6/21.

Thanks Janet! Jen is searching from the Yvonne end.....she sent an email to Betsy and Sherri both also. She is in the middle of a show right now, but I'll call her later and tell her to check her CC statement!

I also found out from her that when she registered - she couldn't get it to work right online, so she ended up calling and finishing the registration by phone!

Is that Sherri Klassen?
Hopefully you'll get it settled.

I had originally gotten on the waiting list and transferred by phone and even had the representative's name I talk to and it still disappeared...

I hope these cases are few and far between!

If you need anything later tonight, just yell - I'll be back on CS in a bit. Going offline and trying to call and get a catalog show closed! :)

Becky- I spoke to 2 ladies in my cluster and left messages for the other 2. As of right now, we're OK with you ladies joining us. But one of the messages I left was for my Director (can't imagine her saying no, though). Any luck with your upline?

Never mind- I just got off the phone with you. :)Have a great vacation and don't worry about it!bagelbagelbagel

chefann said:
Never mind- I just got off the phone with you. :)

Have a great vacation and don't worry about it!

bagelbagelbagel

This is going to be fun!

and I'd do the "wockwockwock" noise from the Three Stooges - but I'm not sure how to write it!:D

you mean "Bwoop bwoop bwoop bwoop"?Now she's saying, "Soup!" which is short for Superbird!

Sooo, it looks like Ann and I may be room-mates! How much fun will that be?

And Ann, it's totally funny that we both had to check CS as soon as we got off the phone!:D

We're such nerds, right?!?

Now, go pack for your trip!

Have fun ladies! So glad you got it settled. :)

Becky,

Are you for sure staying with Ann, then? I just got an e-mail from one of the two, and she said their room was let go, but she knows someone else who may have one. Just let me know if you'd like me to continue checking.

Thanks!

I haven't heard from 2 of the women in my cluster yet. But I think we're confirmed that Becky and her group will be taking our extra space. The 2 I haven't spoken to yet shouldn't have a problem with it because I'll be the "odd one" (on so many levels) sharing with Becky - the other 4 under my director can all share our second room. And since both rooms are full now, it will reduce our costs all around.

Awww..... CR@P!I just got a note from one of the ladies in my cluster I hadn't reached last night, and apparently our SD arranged things in the extended cluster so that we don't have any extra room. Poop! (Not that those ladies now have rooms, but that Becky and her gals are out in the cold again.)

Becky- I know you're leaving today. What do you want me to do to help you? I feel terrible that we thought we had this wrapped up and now it's all unraveled again.

It's okay Ann (Just got off the phone w/ you!)

I emailed Jen back - Sherri Klassen (our SD) thinks she may have a room too - her words - "Not to worry, we will work it out".........
I'm in vacation mode now, so no worries here!;)

Have fun Becky. Can't wait for conference!

Have a good vacation Becky & I hope everything gets worked out!

You are right about Sherri Klassen. She may have a few spots. She is my directors director. I almost roomed with her last year (if I had gone to NC). We are full with 4 otherwise you would be welcome to join us!

Hey Paulette - so you're in my extended cluster too - yeah!!!! (I'm in Yvonne's 1st line so I see Sherri's name but never see the others downline from us...)

Cool!

I'll meet you next year at Conference since I changed waves this year! (Planning ahead already...)

Kinda cool hugh? Conf next year for me will depend on when it falls. Hubby works Fri, Sat & Sun. No grandmas close by to help. Also Hubby takes off a weekend in August so I can work the fair. I will be happy when the kids are a bit older and it's easier to send them to a friends house.

(although I am doing my best to enjoy them being little! They grow too fast!)

Related to Hotel Reservation Panic: Director's Booking Lost, What to Do Next?

1. What should I do if I can't find my online confirmation for a hotel reservation?

If your online confirmation for a hotel reservation cannot be found, the first step is to remain calm. Panicking will only make the situation more stressful. Take a deep breath and try to think logically about the next steps to take.

2. What should I do if the travel company has no record of my reservation?

If the travel company has no record of your reservation, the first thing to do is double check all of your email and booking confirmation documents to ensure that you have the correct information. If everything is correct and the reservation is still not showing up, it's best to contact the hotel directly to see if there was a mistake or if the reservation was cancelled.

3. Is there a chance that the reservation was accidentally deleted or lost?

It is possible that the reservation was accidentally deleted or lost. This could be due to a technical issue or human error. It's important to check all possible sources, such as email folders and booking websites, to make sure the reservation wasn't overlooked or accidentally deleted. If all else fails, contacting the hotel directly is the best option.

4. Should I contact the hotel directly if the reservation cannot be found?

Yes, it's always a good idea to contact the hotel directly if there is an issue with the reservation. They will have access to their own booking system and can confirm if the reservation was made and if it is still valid. They may also be able to offer solutions or alternatives if the reservation cannot be found.

5. What can I do to prevent this situation from happening in the future?

To prevent this situation from happening in the future, it's important to keep track of all booking confirmations and to double check all details before making a reservation. It's also helpful to have a backup plan, such as booking through a different website or having a printed copy of the confirmation, in case any issues arise. Communication with the hotel and travel company can also help to ensure that the reservation is properly processed and confirmed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies