• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Panicking Over Planning a Cooking Show: Ideas & Suggestions Needed!

In summary, the hostess is expecting a large crowd for a cooking show on Friday and is looking for a Sponge(ish) cake and a sandwich recipe. The kitchen is small and the guests are not likely to help. The suggestion is to make a Lemon Raspberry Torte for the cake and Chicken Salad Sandwiches for the main dish. Prepping beforehand and using the Quick Slice Mandoline can make the process easier. The hostess should not worry about lack of interaction and focus on showcasing the products.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Ok all I've got a repeat hostess who's done great shows for me in the past and frankly I've not done a cooking show for a large crowd and she's expecting a large crowd right after work on FRIDAY, this Friday....and the only thing she's told me for sure is she wants a Sponge(ish) type cake for the Torte pan dessert and wants a Sandwich(ish) recipe for main dish (as I've always done 2 recipes especially with her crowd. So any ideas or suggestions?? Her kitchen and set up is VERY VERY small and they don't like to help, so it's me doing and they'll sit and watch and talk and favorites, but it's not an interactive show at all. Beginning to panic, lol. Trying to keep calm, but not!!:eek:

the sandwich ring is a great crown pleaser and very easy to make....

I did one of them at her last show...which was a year ago, wonder if she'd want me to do that again........hmm....different variety???

What about the new grilled chicken wraps, if you have the grill pan?

Not sure about a cake recipe or what she means by spongish....there are a few torte recipes on CC. Search the recipes by the specific tool and type "torte".

Hi there! First of all, don't panic! I'm sure we can come up with some great ideas for your show on Friday. For the Sponge(ish) cake, I would recommend our Lemon Raspberry Torte recipe. It's light and fluffy, and perfect for a crowd. As for the main dish, our Chicken Salad Sandwiches are always a hit and can easily be made ahead of time. Plus, they can be served on a variety of breads to suit everyone's tastes. As for the size of the kitchen, I completely understand. I would suggest prepping as much as you can beforehand and using our Quick Slice Mandoline to make the process even easier. And don't worry about the lack of interaction, just focus on showcasing the products and making those delicious dishes. You've got this! Let me know if you need any more help or tips. Good luck!

1. What are some easy and quick recipes that can be used for a cooking show?

Some easy and quick recipes that are perfect for a cooking show include one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and no-bake desserts. These types of recipes require minimal prep and cooking time, making them perfect for a fast-paced cooking show.

2. How can I make my cooking show interactive and engaging for the audience?

To make your cooking show interactive and engaging, consider incorporating games, trivia questions, and challenges for the audience to participate in. You can also encourage audience participation by asking for volunteers to come up and help with certain steps of the recipe.

3. Are there any specific kitchen gadgets or tools that are essential for a successful cooking show?

While there are no specific gadgets or tools that are essential for a cooking show, having a good quality chef's knife, cutting board, and mixing bowls can make the cooking process smoother and more efficient. You may also want to have some fun and unique kitchen gadgets on hand to showcase during the show.

4. How can I effectively plan and organize my cooking show?

To effectively plan and organize your cooking show, start by setting a theme or focus for the show. Then, create a schedule and script for the show, including all necessary ingredients and equipment. It's also important to have a well-stocked pantry and kitchen with all the necessary ingredients and tools beforehand.

5. What are some tips for promoting and marketing my cooking show?

Some tips for promoting and marketing your cooking show include utilizing social media platforms, collaborating with other food bloggers or influencers, and reaching out to local media outlets. You can also offer special promotions or discounts for attendees of the show to encourage more people to attend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Doraine