• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Show Comeback: Overcoming Nerves and Finding Inspiration!

In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.After the show:• Serve the shredded chicken with the shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream on top.
chef greta
Gold Member
I haven't done a cooking show in a LONG time. I stay active thru catalog shows and family orders. I am doing my first cooking show next week, just booked last night, and i have no idea what to make. When i first started talking with this host about booking i always thought i'd do the cheeseburger salad. Any thoughts? I want to try to do the interactive show, but i've never done one of those either. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. I'd kinda like this show to jump start things for the fall.

You can do a search and there are a lot of threads on the interactive show. Some of them even have notes and u need to do the show.

I love the cheeseburger salad and it is a big pleaser or the one pot pasta is as well. When I do interactive shows I make a stir fry and make little stations with the veggies and then we through it all together and cook it after everything is chopped and I use the garlic infused oil and the asian seasonings and thats it. The only thing I do ahead a time is the chicken I will chop it and cook it in the oil and seasoning when I do the stir fry I have big sales.

The Cheeseburger Salad is a great interactive demo.

Do you have the Cooking Shows in Action DVD? If not, you can see parts of it online on CC - watch that for lots of great tips!

I agree with the Cheeseburger Salad. I am doing that one next week. I have done it twice before and it is always gets rave reviews!

if you have the trifle bowl I do one of two recipes interactive with that. the recipe is on my website

/vanessawilliams

and you can just break up the steps to the recipe and make it interactive. That's what I did --- and its been working great!

I did the cheeseburger salad for 2 months. Love it!!!

If it has been a while since you did a show the interactive show will be great. It takes the pressure off of you!
And the CBS is YUMMY!!

Do you think the cheeseburger salad or fajitas would be better?

GourmetGirl said:

Alison - those are 2 of my favorite interactive shows! I love them both!

GourmetGirl said:

what's the fajita recipe?

I am embarrassed that I can't remember whose recipe and notes these are but they are the bomb if you have the deep covered baker.

Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients:
3 or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 Bell Peppers (preferably red, yellow or orange)
1 large Onion
1 small lime or ½ lime
Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas

Toppings:
Gaucamole (premade or have ingredients to make at the show)
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese

Directions:
Fill the Mini Baker with the 6-inch tortillas, cover with foil, and put in a 250 degree oven to warm. Or put the Mini Baker in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel for @ 30-45 seconds to warm.

Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knives. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with @ 1 Tablespoon of Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another Tablespoon of SW Seasoning (I also add a little bit of salt at this point). Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes.

When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), either cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers – or - take it out of the DCB and place it on your cutting board and shred it (I use the Hold ‘N Slice and a fork to shred the chicken). Push the veggies to one side of the DCB and put the chicken back in on the other side. Set the DCB, and the Mini Baker, on the Woven Round Tray or on top of the Round Up From the Heart Trivets. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.

Other ideas
Before the show:
• Trim the fat and ‘other stuff’ off of the chicken breasts using either the Kitchen Shears or the Boning Knife.
• Grate most of the cheese with the Ultimate Mandoline (save a small piece to demo) and put it in a small SA Bowl.

While the chicken is in the microwave:
• Pass around the Small Batter Bowl or Small Stainless Bowl with the Pass-Around-Salsa ingredients and Salad Choppers and have guests make the salsa. Or just buy your favorite salsa and put it in a small SA Bowl. Maybe show the Jar Opener here.
• Show guests how to work with an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the Mix ‘N Masher. Put it in a small SA Bowl.
• Put all the SA Bowls on the Woven Rectangle Tray.
• Use the Small Bamboo Ladle (from the Bamboo Serving Set) for the salsa
• Use the Small Bamboo Spoons for the guacamole and the grated cheese.
• Use either a Decorator Bottle or the Easy Accent Decorator for the sour cream.

Quick and Easy Salsa

1 small peeled onion
1 peeled garlic clove
1 whole jalapeno pepper (stemmed and seeded)
½ cup cilantro leaves

Coarsely chop using salad choppers

Add:
1 cup grape tomatoes
½ tsp salt

Chop until vegetables are uniform in size
Squeeze lime with citrus press, stir.

Thanks everyone for your input!!

Related to Cooking Show Comeback: Overcoming Nerves and Finding Inspiration!

1. How can I overcome nerves during a cooking show?

One way to overcome nerves during a cooking show is to practice beforehand. This will help you feel more confident and comfortable with your recipes and techniques. You can also try deep breathing exercises or positive visualization techniques to calm your nerves.

2. What are some tips for finding inspiration for new recipes?

One tip is to think about your favorite flavor combinations and try to incorporate them into a new dish. You can also get inspiration from different cuisines or by trying new ingredients. Another idea is to browse through cookbooks or food blogs for ideas.

3. How can I engage my audience during a cooking show?

Engage your audience by interacting with them and asking for their input or opinions. You can also share fun facts or stories about the recipes you are preparing. Additionally, make sure to maintain a lively and enthusiastic tone while cooking.

4. What should I do if something goes wrong during the cooking show?

If something goes wrong, don't panic. Stay calm and try to find a solution. You can also use it as an opportunity to show your audience how to handle mistakes in the kitchen. Remember to keep a positive attitude and have fun with it.

5. How can I make my cooking show more visually appealing?

To make your cooking show more visually appealing, use a variety of colorful ingredients and garnishes. You can also use different textures and plating techniques to add visual interest. Don't be afraid to play with different camera angles and lighting to make your dishes look even more appetizing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76