• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Unhappy With Salad Choppers

I think she'd be perfectly happy with $10 in credit ... to replace the silicone turner that her husband used ON THE GRILL!
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
A June host, who is a personal friend of mine and who has always been happy with every PC product she's ever gotten ... has decided she hates the salad choppers she has. She already has the food chopper and does not want the Mandoline.

She is wanting to send them back, but I am wondering if HO will give her credit for $25 in product or just the $10 she spent? If it's the latter, I am thinking it would be worth my while to just give her a $10 gift certificate and keep the choppers for myself, even though I'm not a big fan of them either.

They will only give her $10 credit or offer her the other Host Bonuses, but she doesn't want either of those. I would offer her the GC and maybe sell the Salad Choppers to someone for $15 or so. You could offer them as a booking incentive if you know someone who really wants them and give them to them the night of their show.

Di_Can_Cook said:
A June host, who is a personal friend of mine and who has always been happy with every PC product she's ever gotten ... has decided she hates the salad choppers she has. She already has the food chopper and does not want the Mandoline.

She is wanting to send them back, but I am wondering if HO will give her credit for $25 in product or just the $10 she spent? If it's the latter, I am thinking it would be worth my while to just give her a $10 gift certificate and keep the choppers for myself, even though I'm not a big fan of them either.

They credit back just what she spent. I had a host buy a grill pan at 60% off last year, and didn't like it - she wanted full price credit, but was only able to get $46. She was ticked.

ChefBeckyD said:
They credit back just what she spent. I had a host buy a grill pan at 60% off last year, and didn't like it - she wanted full price credit, but was only able to get $46. She was ticked.

Hey Becky!

That amazes me :confused:. If you return a product to a retail store, they give you what you paid, especially if it was a sale price. No receipt, no problem, they give you the lowest advertised price within the last 90 days. I'm sure she would be ticked about that too! Why would any business give you a refund of more than they received for payment? The business would go under real quick.

OT: Are you available for a call in an hour?

ChefBeckyD said:

She expected to get credited more than she paid!?!? I think PC's policy is pretty much on track with any other company. You don't buy something on sale & get a refund for the original higher price at ANY store. Plus, we take returns on cookware for a lifetime!?! Beat that anywhere else.

Great minds think alike, Ruthie. We had the same thought at the same moment - lol!

peichef said:
Great minds think alike, Ruthie. We had the same thought at the same moment - lol!

Hey!!! My thoughts exactly ;)

I understand the policy, but I think I can understand the customer's frustration also. She probably feels that by hosting the show she earned that product value. Getting the discount is an incentive and reward, so then to have a 40%cash value given back seems disheartening. Just thought I'd share what might be a possible explanation on the other side of things.

If she or the consultant calls HO they will usually allow her to exchange the 50% off item and apply that to a new purchase. A host purchased the DCB with the 50% off she earned and thought it was too small for her family - HO let her apply that to the SS bowl set!

It was a 60 percent off item ... not a 50.

I think she'd be perfectly happy with $10 in credit ... to replace the silicone turner that her husband used ON THE GRILL!

Related to Host Unhappy With Salad Choppers

1. What should I do if a host is unhappy with their salad chopper?

If a host is unhappy with their salad chopper, the first step is to apologize and ask them what specifically they are unhappy with. This will give you a better understanding of the issue and help you find a solution that meets their needs.

2. Can a host return their salad chopper if they are not satisfied with it?

Yes, our company has a satisfaction guarantee and hosts can return their salad chopper within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. We want all of our customers to be happy with their purchase and will do our best to make it right.

3. What if the salad chopper is damaged or defective?

In the rare case that a salad chopper is damaged or defective, the host can contact our customer service team for a replacement. We stand by the quality of our products and will make sure the host receives a working salad chopper.

4. Are there any tips for using the salad chopper to avoid dissatisfaction?

Yes, we recommend following the instructions included with the salad chopper for best results. Additionally, make sure to use fresh produce and cut it into smaller pieces before using the chopper. This will ensure a smooth chopping experience and prevent any dissatisfaction.

5. Can a host exchange their salad chopper for a different product?

Yes, as part of our satisfaction guarantee, a host can exchange their salad chopper for a different product of equal or lesser value. However, we recommend trying out the salad chopper before making a decision as it is a highly rated and popular product among our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • tracyt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kam