• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Giving You a 50% off Item..

In summary, the consultant can't be a co-host on the show, but they can add the 50% off item to the host order and get it from the host when it comes in.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
when a host has a 50% off item they aren't using, and they allow us as the consultant to use it, do you all simply add it to her order, and just get it when it arrives, or for simplification reasons on the receipt, do you enter yourself as a co-host and just enter the 50% off item on your co-host order?

Consultants can't be co-hosts on a show. But I don't have any suggestions for you, because this has never come up in my business.

I just add it to her order and pay for it my self, I know I won't have the recipet.

Believe it or not.... One time, I had a host who didn't want to use her 4 1/2 price items because her husband told her not to spend any money. I think that she regretted it later.

I asked her if she minded me making use of them. She didn't mind so I did.

That is where I am now..the host had a 1000 show and just wanted her free stuff, and used her 2 60% off items..and she gave me the 4 50% items to use ;>

I add them to the host order and get them from her when they come in.

The host benefits are for our hosts. We are not supposed to be using these benefits. Consultants can not co-host a show.

If the host wants to give them to her friends that is her business and I guess if you are her friend you can decide if it's something you should do but we really aren't privilege to those things unless we are the host.

The host benefits are there to entice and reward people to do shows for us and Pampered Chef is very generous in what they offer our hosts. If we take advantage of them eventually they will reduce what they offer our hosts or make us pay for the host benefits out of our commission.

Thanks for your helpful insight Beth. It was certainly an offer from my host, and of course I realize the benefits that are set in place for the hosts to use, as she wishes. And I personally find no fault with using it, especially when offerred by the host.

I agree with you Heather, if the hostess offered I wouldn't have a problem using it.

I just had this situation - the host didn't want either her 60% off or her 2 50% offs. I asked several times and pointed out that the 60% does not come along all the time, and that she could use it for anything, even the leat expensive item in catalog. She replied that she had ordered everything she needed or wanted. I then asked if I could use the benefit. She agreed.

I used 1 of each benefit and offered the other 60% and 50% off to a mutual friend, Jane. Jane hosted my 4th show and, due to my ignorance, was not able to get past host benefits from any of the 4 shows that eventually booked from hers. She also buys at least $50 at every show she attends. Needless to say, she was thrilled!

I do not think it is unethical or counterproductive to, with the host's approval, use his/her benefits. TPC would not offer these benefits if they were losing $ on them, and when a benefit is used, they make $, albeit at a lower margin. I think we just need to be very careful to give the host every opportunity to use the benefits.

That's my $.02.

host giving you her 50% off itemsI also agree that you are not stealing anything if the host does not want to use her half off items or 60 % off . It is not hurting anyone in my opinion.

Just be careful if something has to be exchanged due to a warranty issue. The person who is using this extra benefit will not have a sales slip to prove that it is their item.

Knew that point would be raised the second I saw the thread title. :rolleyes:

Anyway ... If you are going to add ANYTHING to a host's order, 50 percent item or otherwise ...

Either have it shipped to her house and get it when it comes in.

Or have it shipped to your house (many of my hosts do this for security's sake anyway) and get your item out of the box. You may want to bag her items for her to save her some time.

I did not say you would be stealing if you used the benefit offered by the host. I was just pointing out the policy.

You can do whatever you want. If the host insisted that I use it so it's not lost I would probably have used it too back when I didn't have everything in the catalog.

There are a lot of new consultants on this forum and they need to be aware of what the company expects. PC is very generous to us and gives us tons of opportunity to get products free or for 40-60% off all the time without stretching the "rules". We can host any time we want to get the 60% off item.

Just wanted to add that consultants can be co-hosts, I just did this last week.

I've done both. I did an Open House with a friend who sold Arbonne and I used one of the 60% off items and just put myself as the co-host and had everything sent to my house.

Another time I had a hostess not want to use her 3 half-price items because she didn't want to spend any money, it was January and she had over $200 in free stuff, so I just added them to her order and got them from her when they were delivered.

niccibyrd said:

I've done both. I did an Open House with a friend who sold Arbonne and I used one of the 60% off items and just put myself as the co-host and had everything sent to my house.Another time I had a hostess not want to use her 3 half-price items because she didn't want to spend any money, it was January and she had over $200 in free stuff, so I just added them to her order and got them from her when they were delivered.
Must have been a fluke, that slipped by - because here is the policy in the Policy and Procedure Manua (found under Co-Hosting Shows - pg 4): https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/policies_procedures.pdf

niccibyrd said:
I've done both. I did an Open House with a friend who sold Arbonne and I used one of the 60% off items and just put myself as the co-host and had everything sent to my house.

Another time I had a hostess not want to use her 3 half-price items because she didn't want to spend any money, it was January and she had over $200 in free stuff, so I just added them to her order and got them from her when they were delivered.

Not according to Policies and Procedures online...

• Catalog Shows cannot be co-hosted. An organization
may not be listed as the co-host. Consultants cannot
co-host a Show.

Hmm, didn't know that. My director is the one who told me I could do that. I'll have to let her know.

Page 4 of the policies states:
Co-Hosting
Occasionally two people may want to co-host a Cooking Show, and the guidelines are simple:
  • No more than two people can co-host.
  • The two hosts must divide the Free Product Value and half-price items.
  • Only one host can select the Monthly Host Special at the original Show.
  • At future Shows booked, only one Booking Benefit can be claimed. Either co-host, but not both, can purchase the Monthly Host Special at each future booking held within six months.
  • Each host receives the earned host discount of up to 30 percent.
  • Each host receives the past 10 percent host discount.
  • Catalog Shows cannot be co-hosted. An organization may not be listed as the co-host. Consultants cannot co-host a Show.

So the software may let you do it, but it is against policy. Should HO discover this during a random audit of shows, they may be able to take disciplinary action.

Well, hopefully there won't be any random audits but if there is I'll just say I'm new and didn't know.

Didn't mean to sound like we were all jumping on you - we were all typing at the same time. :) Happens a lot around here.

Here's my thoughts on the host items: I would never ask a host if I could use her 50% off items. Plain and simple, it makes us look greedy as a consultant and puts the host on the spot. What else is she supposed to say but yes?

After I became a consultant me and my aunt learned about the host half priced combos. My aunt did shows for the consultant every 6 months for a couple years and I had a bridal shower with the same consultant. She never talked about the half priced combos. Upon learning this, my aunt told me that she would have purchased the cookware already had she known she could get both sets as 1 half priced item. She called HO to ask about it because she didn't use one of her half priced items on her last show. The rep told her that she purchased the DCB and the 12" skillet. My aunt thought that was funny because she only got the DCB and didn't own any PC cookware. The rep told her that if she returned one of those two items she could get the cookware sets at half priced. She finally gave up because she wasn't giving up her DCB. We came to the conclusion that the consultant must have used the half price item without telling my aunt.

If you are really desperate to get items at 50% off, why not do it legitametly and have your own show?

I would NEVER ask anyone for their half-price item but if someone wasn't using it, then I might.

In the situation I mentioned before the hostess flat out said, "I don't want to spend any money" so I said, do you mind if I get these 3 things? She said no she would rather me do that then them go to waste.

I think a lot of hosts only think in terms of the "big ticket" items that they can get for 50% off. I can fully relate to the inability to spend money on something. I like to point out they can get really inexpensive things for even less."If you aren't going to use them on other products, the 50% off items are a great way to try out some of our pantry items. Don't let me pressure you, I just know that a lot of my hosts think they 'have' to get a big ticket item with the discount. A couple hundred dollars off of cookware is awesome, but it's still 50% off when you get the spices for less than $3" JMO, but asking the host for their 50% items/host special is anytime you say "may I?" before they say "you should", whether they said they're going to use them or not.

chefann said:
Didn't mean to sound like we were all jumping on you - we were all typing at the same time. :) Happens a lot around here.

I thought the same thing... glad you clarified. Wouldn't want niccibyrd to think we were all trying to be know-it-alls or anything!:rolleyes:

KateD said:
JMO, but asking the host for their 50% items/host special is anytime you say "may I?" before they say "you should", whether they said they're going to use them or not.

JMO as well.

Related to Host Giving You a 50% off Item..

What items are eligible for the 50% off discount?

The 50% off discount is only applicable to select items and may vary depending on current promotions. Please check with your consultant or the company website for a list of eligible products.

How can I redeem the 50% off discount?

To redeem the 50% off discount, you must host a Pampered Chef party and have a minimum of $200 in sales. Your consultant will provide you with a special code to use when placing your order.

Can I combine the 50% off discount with other promotions or discounts?

No, the 50% off discount cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Only one discount can be applied per order.

Is the 50% off discount applicable to all Pampered Chef products?

The 50% off discount is only applicable to select items and may vary depending on current promotions. It is not applicable to all products in the Pampered Chef catalog.

Can I use the 50% off discount on multiple items in one order?

No, the 50% off discount is limited to one item per order. If you wish to purchase multiple items at 50% off, you will need to place separate orders or host multiple parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies