• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some tips for hosting a successful show through email?

In summary, the girl had a house fire and lost her kitchen, so she's been having a tough recovery. She's still planning to have her party, but she's been having a hard time coordinating. The party guest list is only a few people confirmed so far, but the recipe she wants to do is available in the catalog.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a party next Friday with a host who just had her tonsils removed last week. She's been having a tough recovery. I wasn't able to reach her by phone the other night, so I left her a message about seeing how she's feeling and if she's still on for the show and to see if she needed help with the invitations.

I didn't have her e-mail till just now when she sent me this:

Hey Amanda!
Sorry I missed your call the other day, I was alittle under the weather and unable to talk. I am feeling better finally, and planning to return to work tomorrow. About the party, I am still planning to have it, moving into the house this weekend! yay! I put together my guest list and did word of mouth, emails, texts, and facebook invites. Only a few confirmed guests as of now. What else do you need me to do?!

This poor girl had a house fire and lost her whole kitchen. We're really hoping she'll have a good show so she can get a lot of stuff. I hope people rally behind this girl and order stuff so she can benefit.

Since she can't really talk on the phone well right now, I thought I'd e-mail her a response. What do you think of this? I always struggle with e-mails. As you can tell from my posts, I tend to be very wordy. Is this okay though?

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. It sounds like you're doing all the right things with getting the word out. The only thing missing would be if you wanted invitations mailed out to your friends. I can help you with that if you'd like. But if you've directly spoken with everyone, that's really ultimately the best. Keep mentioning it to everyone you know. A few days before the show, you'll want to remind everyone about it.

Did I give you enough catalogs to pass around? Be sure to show it to anyone who can't come. Leave one sitting out at work for people to browse through. Be sure to invite people (especially those who live far away) to view my website and shop online. They just need to put your name in as the host so you get the credit. If you go in the hosts section of my website, you can send out e-mail invitations to those people. It'll let them know what the website is and how to shop online. It'll also let them know what the guest special is. I'm sending you a separate e-mail with your password to get on there. Let me know if you need any help with it. I can also send them out for you if you provide me with the names and e-mail addresses.

Also, did I give you a copy of the guest special? You'll want to let your friends know about it. A lot of people love our Simple Additions items but like to wait for them to go on sale. So now it's a great time for them to get something. Perfect for the upcoming holidays, too. :)

Just remember, the more orders you get, the more free products you'll earn. We've got a little something for everyone and prices to fit all budgets. The main thing is to ask everyone--you just never know who is looking for a new recipe, or has been needing to get something, or has been wanting to try out our rubs, sweet sprinkles or beer bread, needs to get a gift for a wedding. You get the idea. :)

So the next question is what recipe should we do at your party? Do you have a regular size microwave? I have some great recipes that we can do in our Deep Covered Baker. Here are a few options:

1. 15 minute Fajitas and Fresh Salsa
2. Loaded Baked Potato Chowder w/ Garlic Biscuit Bites
3. 30 minute Miracle Chicken w/ Garlic Biscuit Bites and Fresh bread w/ dipping oil seasonings
or
4. Zesty Ravioli Skillet w/ Garlic Biscuit Bites
(as you can see, the Garlic Biscuit Bites are very popular!) :)

Let me know what you think and if you have any other questions. I'm here to help you have a successful show, and I'd love to see you able to get lots of free stuff! :)

Hope things go well with your move this weekend!

I went ahead and sent it. Hopefully it's okay and she finds it helpful and not overwhelming. :)

Now that it's too late :) I have a couple suggestions.

First - usually, people only read the first one or two paragraphs...or they'll read the first and last paragraph of a long email or memo. I would break up the email into 3 shorter ones, and send them a day or so apart.

2nd - I don't usually discuss food with my hosts until a couple days before the party. Even if we've decided on a theme earlier, we don't recipe specifics until just before the party. It helps so that instead of putting the focus on the food, they are focusing on getting people there. I usually tell them that what we make will depend some on how many people will be there.

Okay - that's it. :)

Sure...now you tell me! :D

Man, now I'm sitting here with anxiety that I've messed up and overwhelmed her! lol This is a girl who works for my DH, so I'm already nervous about being the perfect consultant. :rolleyes:Wish I could have more confidence and not doubt myself...but really wish I could just figure out things the right way on my own and not be so dependent on getting assurances from others. sigh...

babywings76 said:
Man, now I'm sitting here with anxiety that I've messed up and overwhelmed her! lol This is a girl who works for my DH, so I'm already nervous about being the perfect consultant. :rolleyes:

Wish I could have more confidence and not doubt myself...but really wish I could just figure out things the right way on my own and not be so dependent on getting assurances from others. sigh...

LOL - you'll be fine! I shouldn't have said anything...:eek:

No, Becky, I'm glad you said something. It's how I learn. Please don't feel bad, it's just my insecurities. I appreciate your advice. :)

Amanda, you did just fine. While Becky's right that many people only read bits and pieces, there are lots of people out there like me who read every word. We'll just assume this host is one of us.Confidence comes with experience, and experience can really only be gained if you risk making a mistake. (Not that I think you made a mistake here.)

What is host coaching through e-mail?

Host coaching through e-mail is a method used by Pampered Chef consultants to communicate with their host and provide them with important information and tips to have a successful party. It allows for a convenient and efficient way to stay in touch with the host throughout the party planning process.

Why is host coaching through e-mail important?

Host coaching through e-mail is important because it helps to keep the host engaged and motivated to host a successful party. It also allows for easy communication and organization of important party details, such as guest list, menu planning, and reminders.

How often should I send host coaching e-mails?

The frequency of host coaching e-mails may vary depending on the consultant's preference and the timeline of the party. However, it is recommended to send at least one e-mail per week, leading up to the party date. This helps to keep the host excited and on track with party preparations.

What should I include in my host coaching e-mails?

Some important information to include in host coaching e-mails are party tips and ideas, reminders for important tasks such as inviting guests and menu planning, and any special promotions or incentives. It's also helpful to personalize the e-mails and make the host feel valued and appreciated.

How can I make my host coaching e-mails more effective?

To make your host coaching e-mails more effective, be sure to use a friendly and positive tone, provide clear and concise information, and include visuals such as images or videos to make the e-mails more engaging. It's also important to respond promptly to any questions or concerns the host may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies