• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Coaching Pays Off!!!! Keep at It!

In summary, Julie had a successful show with 30 guests in attendance. She sold $1060.87 worth of products. She has two potential recruits.
chefjulie_sc
Well, for those who read about my Saturday show with 30 guests attending, here's the outcome!!!!

I was there from 9:30a.m. - 5p.m. Yes!! I didn't type that incorrectly!!! There were 25+ people there! We closed the show THAT day! I had 3 past hosts in attendance & got several bookings!!!!

My hosts total sales = $1060.87!!!! MY FIRST $1000 SHOW IN A COUPLE OF YEARS!!!

Now, I did want to add this note...my host did EVERYTHING that I asked of her! I mean EVERYTHING! She had more than I ask for. (5-15-5). 5 pre-orders, 15 guests, 5 post orders...well she went above & beyond that! So if you stay in constant contact with your Host, it pays off!

The host had several friends that kept hanging around to find out how well she did in sales to see what kind of "discount" she had earned! HA, Ha!
We had to laugh, because when I added up her wish list amount, it totaled $155.00. She earned $215.00 for FREE! Not to mention those 4 1/2 priced items! Her actual total still only came to around $50.00 (and that was for the 1/2 priced stuff!)

On another good note, everyone pray for me or cross your fingers...whichever you do...I have 2 potential recruits!!! This would make me a Future Director! (I already have 1 recruit!). I would love this!

Thanks for the encouragement! :D

You have inspired me BIG TIME!!! I have never done much host coaching at all. I've always been afraid that the host would think I was being annoying or pushy. I'm going to try harder on my next show. Good luck with your recruits.

Host coaching for my has been very difficult. I have to push to get 20 invites out...plus they don't see a need to make up their wishlist and work towards a goal. A few have made the comment, whatever I get I will be happy with.

jenniferlynne said:
You have inspired me BIG TIME!!! I have never done much host coaching at all. I've always been afraid that the host would think I was being annoying or pushy. I'm going to try harder on my next show. Good luck with your recruits.
I go through spurts...sometimes host coaching is a priority and other times I get in that "feeling like I'm pushy" mood too, especially when I'm swamped with stuff and don't have as much time. I kind of use that as an excuse. I definitely see a difference in sales when I don't coach the host to the best of my ability. Of course every once and awhile I have a host who I barely have to coach and she does all she's supposed to do. It's mainly because she actually READS my "Steps to a SUCCESSFUL Show" insert I put in my host packet. Or because she's hosted a show in the past and knows what to do. I am going to try to renew my attitude I used to have...that it is one of our jobs to make sure the host benefits as much as possible from our host program. That's why it's there! I really feel we NEED to give them all our best tips and suggestions and then it's their choice if they follow those. Then we'll know we've done our best. If we don't really fill them in on everything we can, we may wonder (or the host may wonder) if it could have gone better.

There's ways to do it without being/seeming pushy. I actually sometimes say that, "I really want you to get the most out of hosting this show and it's my job to guide you and give you tips/suggestions. So, let's work on this together as a team so you don't feel alone." I feel the same way about recruiting....it's my job to offer this wonderful opportunity to everyone I can (especially hosts) because otherwise they really wouldn't know the ins and outs and how it could fit into their life. :D

That's great!Congradulations on your show, Julie!

You sure did earn it! I too have been afraid to coach my hosts in the past and I believe I have paid for it too. One thing I have been doing is STOP BEING AFRAID! This is our buisness and how we earn a debt free holiday, extra income for that special family get-a-way, and anything we would want.

If I could give some advice? Just talk to your host like your friends. When you meet them, talk about what item interested them in the first place, how to earn it for free, and play off that.

Relax and take a deep breath before you pick up the phone. I had a phone phobia, but now I feel more confident because I know my hosts are just people. Lately my hosts have been saying, "I'm sorry I haven't called you back." I have been telling them, "It is okay. I just want to get in touch with you to go over your show. Is this time of day better for you?" Most of the time it is 8pm to 9pm when we are talking and we go over so much about the show that we can't stop talking.

I also have been letting them know that I have two small children 6 and 2 and that I have more time in the late evening and it is OKAY to return a phone call at that time, because the kids are in bed I can give them (host) my full attention. You will be amazed at how many people will call you back ;)

I also have a cancellation policy. No return phone call or email one week before the show and YOU are cancelled! I have had some prime dates other potential hosts missed on because the one with the date would not return a call or email.

Sorry this was so long, but I hope it helps in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me tell ya!Let me tell you ladies...I have found that being too nice, gets you no-where! Now, I'm not saying to be ugly, but there are some hosts that absolutely don't "get the picture" of our host system until the close of the show! That is so shameful!

For instance...I am doing a party for my "cousin"... :mad: don't do shows for extended family!!!!! She used to sell Tupperware...she knows how this system works!! Do you think that she has answered my e-mails? NO. Do you think she's returned my phone calls? NO! I finally left her a message that went something like this..."If you are still interested in having a party, I need to know, because I have several OTHER people who are interested in having a party this MONTH. If I don't hear from you, I will give your show date to someone who I can get in contact with & I will give you the name & number of another consultant in my group that lives closer to you & YOU can contact her!" Like I said this woman is "family." You better bet...she called the very next day!

Thanks for the support & keep HOST COACHING!!! I've attached a flyer that I highlight & send to my host (inside their show planner...) This is compliments of my director & altered by me. How to Have a $1000 show!

Attachments

• $1000 show info.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 812
I also have a cancellation policy. No return phone call or email one week before the show and YOU are cancelled! I have had some prime dates other potential hosts missed on because the one with the date would not return a call or email.

Rebecca...

How & when do you tell your hosts about your cancellation policy? Do you find that it's effective in keeping the show dates firm? I'd love to incorporate this into my host coaching but not sure how to go about it.

Jill Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/jillscooking

FrustrationIts frustrating when you coach coach coach and then not much happens. I did a show for some one who is Lia Sophia "advisor" She seemed so excited about her show, sent out 40 invites, but never collected any outside orders. I am sooooo disappointed because I was hoping to earn my SS2 with her show, and then get one of the bonuses from the rest of my shows.

chefjulie_sc said:
Well, for those who read about my Saturday show with 30 guests attending, here's the outcome!!!!

I was there from 9:30a.m. - 5p.m. Yes!! I didn't type that incorrectly!!! There were 25+ people there! We closed the show THAT day! I had 3 past hosts in attendance & got several bookings!!!!

My hosts total sales = $1060.87!!!! MY FIRST $1000 SHOW IN A COUPLE OF YEARS!!!

Now, I did want to add this note...my host did EVERYTHING that I asked of her! I mean EVERYTHING! She had more than I ask for. (5-15-5). 5 pre-orders, 15 guests, 5 post orders...well she went above & beyond that! So if you stay in constant contact with your Host, it pays off!

The host had several friends that kept hanging around to find out how well she did in sales to see what kind of "discount" she had earned! HA, Ha!
We had to laugh, because when I added up her wish list amount, it totaled $155.00. She earned $215.00 for FREE! Not to mention those 4 1/2 priced items! Her actual total still only came to around $50.00 (and that was for the 1/2 priced stuff!)

On another good note, everyone pray for me or cross your fingers...whichever you do...I have 2 potential recruits!!! This would make me a Future Director! (I already have 1 recruit!). I would love this!

Thanks for the encouragement! :D

Wow Julie that is AWESOME!!!! Good luck with those recruits! So your show started at 9:30am? What did you demo? Did you just keep going? :)

I'm sorry that I haven't posted!Sorry ladies, that I haven't posted in a while. Been very busy with PC!!! I've also had to limit my time on this web-site...I'm addicted to it! I get to reading all the great ideas on here & I look up & the day is gone! To bring you up to date on some things...my 2 recruits have now turned into 5! Yeahhhh!!!!! :D My host coaching has paid off...my cousin's show yielded a $400+ show & 3 potential recruits. So much for bad family!!! Thanks for letting me vent! I also have a full calendar to carry me through the New Year! Keep HOST COACHING!!!! IT'S WORTH IT...YOU'RE NOT BUGGING THEM...IT'S YOUR JOB! You want to have a 'HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS!'

This is a totally NEW & AWESOME experience for me! I'm telling you girls and guys!...this business is AWESOME if you put time, effort, & heart into it!!!
THANKS EVERYBODY!!!! I can't say thank you enough for being such great supporters! I tell everyone about this web-site...DEB, if you're reading this ...Thanks so much, you have NO IDEA how much this site has sky-rocketed my business!

The show that I did that lasted ALL day started at 11a.m. and ended around 1 or 2pm. The reason I arrived early was to get the recipes pretty much done before all 25 people showed up, so there wasn't much to demo! (I did do a small demo). Also, the host had only picked out $155.00 and she earned $215, so we had more "shopping" to do! She didn't realize that she had also earned the 4, 1/2 priced items, plus the discount & the Monthly Host bonus! (this was a host who called me every day up until the day of her show!)

I did 2 Taffy Apple Pizzas & 2 Chicken Enchilada Rings (I didn't even get a piece of the Chicken Enchilada Rings!!! ha, ha!) That's okay though...I'd take those sales any day!!!! :)

Good luck to ALL!

1. How does host coaching pay off in terms of sales?

Host coaching helps to increase sales by building a strong relationship with the host and encouraging them to promote the party to their friends and family. This leads to a larger attendance and more potential customers for you to present the products to.

2. What are some effective ways to coach a host?

Some effective ways to coach a host include setting clear expectations, providing them with materials and resources to promote the party, and regularly checking in with them to offer support and guidance. It is also important to recognize and reward their efforts to motivate them to continue hosting parties.

3. How does host coaching benefit the host?

Host coaching benefits the host by helping them have a successful and enjoyable party. They will earn free and discounted products based on the sales at their party, and they can also earn rewards for future parties. Additionally, hosting a successful party can boost their confidence and make them feel like a valued member of the Pampered Chef community.

4. Is host coaching necessary for every party?

While it is not absolutely necessary, host coaching can greatly increase the success of a party. It helps to ensure that the host is invested in the party's success and can lead to a larger attendance and more sales. Plus, it shows the host that you value their efforts and appreciate them for hosting a party.

5. How can I track the success of host coaching?

One way to track the success of host coaching is by keeping track of the attendance and sales at each party. If you notice an increase in both of these factors, it is likely that your host coaching efforts are paying off. You can also ask for feedback from the host and guests to see if they felt well-supported and informed throughout the party planning process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathy Jewell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies