• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Host Coaching Success: Tips for E-mail Communication

In summary, the speaker has a potential host who is motivated but difficult to contact. They have been communicating through email and have sent the host a packet with information and materials. However, the speaker has been unable to reach the host by phone and is worried that they may have the wrong address. The host has replied to a previous email but not the most recent one, and the speaker is unsure if they have read it. The speaker is now preparing to send the host a template for invitations and is unsure if they should continue trying to get the host's phone number or just communicate through email. They are also concerned about being too pushy or overwhelming the host.
babywings76
Gold Member
It appears that I have a motivated host, but one that won't allow me to call her. She contacted me by e-mail and requested to book a party. We e-mailed back and forth about finding a date. I sent her a host e-mail through my website and then I sent her off a host packet. I tried calling her, but the number was disconnected. All of a sudden I started worrying that maybe she's moved since she attended her friend's show, and maybe I have the wrong address, too.So here's what I wrote her:Hi xxxxxx,Did you enjoy your weekend? I hope you survived the snow storm okay--we sure did get a lot!I sent out a confirmation e-mail to you the other day, hopefully you have received it. When you get a few minutes, you'll want to check out the host section of my website. It gives you the ability to make your guest list, send out e-invitations to your guests, and create your wish list. I'm mailing off your host packet today. I wasn't able to get it out on Saturday, due to the snow. In the host packet, I'm including some catalogs, outside orders, and some other materials. When it arrives and you have a free minute, please give me a call so we can go over a few things. That reminds me...could I get your phone number? The one I have on record doesn't seem to be right. I'd love to see you get everything on your wish list for free! January's host special will really help that to happen. The most important thing to remember is to tell EVERYONE about your show. Don't worry about mixing the crowd or over-inviting. Not everyone will be able to make it, and that's normal. Typically only 1/4 of the people invited will be able to come. Outside orders add up quickly, so letting everyone (even friends and family out of the state) know about your show will help.We'll talk more soon. We can either talk before or after the Christmas weekend, whichever you'd like. I hoped that sounded okay. I didn't want to scare her off with a demand for her phone number, and I didn't want to overwhelm her with tons of info.In her host packet, I included a blank sheet of 30 labels to go on the post card invites w/ the show info. I put a sticky note on it saying that I'd e-mail her the template that she could print off. (since I didn't have an RSVP number to put on there).So just today I got an e-mail from her. But it wasn't in reply to this one I sent her. She replied using one of our previous conversation e-mails about setting the date. Which makes me wonder if she's read the other e-mail I sent.Today's e-mail from her said:I have my invitations addressed.
Could you please send me that template for the info on the other side?
Thank you,
With all the holiday stuff going on, I forgot to send her the template! So, I'm ready to send it to her, but don't know what else to say in the e-mail. Do I give up on getting a phone number from her? Do I request it again? Do I just continue to host coach through e-mail since that's what seems to be her preferred method?Here's what I was going to write her:Happy New Year! I hope you've had a nice time during the holidays.I'm glad to hear you received the packet. That's great that you've already addressed your invitations. I'm attaching that template to this e-mail. I put X's instead of the phone number, so you'll need to change that. Did you get a chance to look through the materials in the host packet? Do you have any questions for me?I'd love to get a chance to talk to you over the phone, if that's okay. Since I don't have your number, feel free to give me a call anytime.

What do you think?

I don't think you are hounding her. I wouldn't say "since I don't have your number ..." I'd just say "please e-mail me your correct phone number so that I can correct the error on my end." You may just have 2 numbers transposed or something simple. Heck I called a host and figured out that she had written down her best friend's number by mistake because she's so used to calling that number! LOL

Also, you might mention that the HO requires a phone number for the host. It's a must. You also have to have it to set the show up online.

Well, I already sent the message as I had written it. I didn't see your responses in time to adjust anything.The wording hopefully was okay. Since in my prior e-mail I said, "could I get your phone number? The one I have on record doesn't seem to be right." I'm hoping that just asking her to call me was okay. Ugh, I hate this. E-mails in some ways are so good, but I stress out too much over them. I worry about coming across the wrong way. :rolleyes:I was able to set up her show online, because I did have a number for her. It was later that I found it disconnected. Hopefully she'll get me a number. Otherwise, I'll have to tell her later that it's needed for me to submit her show.

Hi there,I am happy to hear that you have your invitations addressed and that you are excited about your upcoming party! I apologize for not sending the template sooner, I must have forgotten with all the holiday craziness. I understand that you prefer to communicate through email, but I would really appreciate if we could schedule a quick phone call to go over a few important details about your party. It will only take a few minutes and it will ensure that everything runs smoothly. If you could please provide me with your phone number, I will give you a call at your convenience.In the meantime, please take some time to look through the host packet that I sent you. It has some valuable information and tips that will help you have a successful party. Do you have any questions for me so far?I am looking forward to working with you and helping you earn some amazing rewards. Let's set up a time to chat on the phone and go over everything in more detail.Best,

1. What are some effective ways to communicate with hosts through email?

Some effective ways to communicate with hosts through email include personalizing the message, using a friendly and conversational tone, keeping the email concise and to the point, and including clear calls to action.

2. How often should I send emails to my hosts?

The frequency of emails will depend on the timeline of the host's party. Generally, it is recommended to send an initial email to introduce yourself and the party, followed by a reminder email a week before the party, and a final confirmation email the day before the party.

3. Is it okay to include product recommendations in the email?

Yes, it is okay to include product recommendations in the email as long as they are relevant to the party and personalized to the host's interests and needs. However, avoid overwhelming the host with too many product options.

4. How can I make my emails stand out and grab the host's attention?

One way to make your emails stand out is by using eye-catching subject lines. You can also include visuals such as product images or party themes to make the email more visually appealing. Additionally, offering exclusive deals or promotions can also grab the host's attention.

5. What should I do if a host is not responding to my emails?

If a host is not responding to your emails, try reaching out through a different method of communication, such as a phone call or text message. You can also ask the host if there is a preferred way they would like to communicate. If all else fails, you can try reaching out to the host's friends or family members who may be attending the party to remind the host about the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies