• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Home Office Tour: No Distribution Center Tour

P
Pampered Laura
Did you guys see this in the Home Office tour description?

You’ll see a behind-the-scenes video of the Distribution Center, since it’s undergoing upgrades this summer and will be unavailable during the tours. As a result, each tour attendee will have a chance to win products in an exciting new way! Register early — tickets are limited!

I wonder how they're going to handle the shopping spree deal. I was really looking forward to seeing the dist. center. And the HO Tour is only available for first time attendees, huh? So that means that I won't be able to see it next year either? Wah.

One of the gals in my cluster is going this year & she's already gone before. So I don't know if that is a firm rule. Actually, come to think of it, she was a stand-by last time who got in so maybe they didn't have a record of her taking it?

I've attended before and they let me sign up.

I went last year, and was able to sign up this year as well.

I went last year and they let me sign up for it again this year... but I didnt' buy tickets I was on standby last year!

Yes, saw that in the description because I'm taking the tour because I REALLY want to see the warehouse!!!!

I'm still trying to get some engineering contacts at PC so I can maybe see it at another time.

pamperedalf said:
I went last year, and was able to sign up this year as well.
Didn't you WIN last year too? :D

I noticed that today when I was reading through some of the agenda info. I really can't believe that! I would be bummed as well. That was my favorite part of the tour last year, and not just because I won a shopping spree. I do wonder how they are going to handle it this year.

Of all the fun stuff about conference, I haven't heard ANYTHING about the HO / Warehouse tour from my director or upline (actually, that shouldn't surprise me at all)... so all you wise and experienced cheffers fill me in...

The HO tour is really fun. The staff cheers as the bus empties, and you get to see the test kitchens and the "theme" conference rooms ($1 Million club, etc). My memory of the first part of the tour when I took it is a little shaky because I won the shopping spree!It sounded from the description that the tour would be more self-guided than in the past so that you can really spend some time where you want to, without being rushed into an area you don't care as much about.

[ears perking up]... shopping spree??? Do tell!

Katie,

In the past when boarding the bus for the tour they give each person a sticker with a number on it. At the end of the tour they take everyone into the distribution center. They have shelves containing all of the products. They get everyone pumped up and then pull a ball (ping pong size) w/a number out of a bingo-like cage. Several buses go through at the same time so they give each bus a color and pull 1 number for each bus. If they call your number you win! They then give you 90 seconds to pull as many products as you can and throw them into a huge cart. It goes really fast, but I got a lot of products last year. The day after I got home after conf. I received 27 boxes of products (all shipped for free)! It was so much fun!! I now know how people who get called to "Come on Down" feel!

It did count as income of course, so I had to pay more taxes this year, but it was worth it!

I guess we will find out soon how they handle it this year.

1. How will the shopping spree be handled during the Home Office tour?

The shopping spree will be done in an exciting new way since the Distribution Center will be undergoing upgrades and will not be available during the tours.

2. Will the Distribution Center be shown in the behind-the-scenes video during the Home Office tour?

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing upgrades, the Distribution Center will not be shown in the video during the Home Office tour.

3. Are tickets limited for the Home Office tour?

Yes, tickets are limited, so it is recommended to register early to secure your spot.

4. Can I attend the Home Office tour if I have already attended in the past?

No, the Home Office tour is only available for first-time attendees.

5. Will the Distribution Center be available for tours in the future?

Yes, it will be available again in the future once the upgrades have been completed. However, it may not be available for next year's Home Office tour either.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwith_tara
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
raebates
Back