• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Home Office Tour and 1St Timer Orientation??

In summary, the home office tour is available the first day of the conference, but the 1sttimer orientation is also available that day. Depending on how well the bus driver sticks to the schedule, the veteran may be able to do the tour and the orientation.
Lady Chef
So for all of you veterans to national conference, I hope you can provide some guidance to a newbie. Since home office tours are only available the first day of the conference, I'm wondering if it would be too much to try to take the home office tour 7 am - 11:30 am and then try to make the 1st timer orientation at 12. Any thoughts?

It will depend on how well your bus driver sticks to the schedule. You'll probably be fine. BTW, they didn't have 1st timer orientation my first year, so I have no experience there. I've been on the HO tour a couple of times. It's very interesting.

I'm signed up to do it that same way. I'm hoping that the extra half hour will be enough of a buffer in case it runs a little late.

I was talking to my wonderful, fabulous, beautiful, funny, amazing Director the other night about this, and she said to take the tour - she and several others in our group have been to NC several times, so they can 'orient' me. I think that makes sense, and takes some of the pressure off me. If you're going with a group of 'veterans' you may be able to skip the Orientation.

I'd love to do the HO tour but I'm wondering if they can accommodate me with a scooter or cart of some kind. I walk with a can and don't do distances well. I rarely go to any stores that require much walking and use a scooter at Walmart, etc. I did note that on my registration.

Jane, I'm glad you're not letting that stop you from going to NC! I can't wait to meet you in person (I'm Wave 2, also).

pampchefsarah said:
I was talking to my wonderful, fabulous, beautiful, funny, amazing Director the other night about this, and she said to take the tour - she and several others in our group have been to NC several times, so they can 'orient' me. I think that makes sense, and takes some of the pressure off me. If you're going with a group of 'veterans' you may be able to skip the Orientation.

I disagree--I hear the orientation is fab, you get to meet the top dogs at HO, and you get some swag. I would go to the orientation over the HO tour. You can always do the tour next year.

DebbieJ said:
I disagree--I hear the orientation is fab, you get to meet the top dogs at HO, and you get some swag. I would go to the orientation over the HO tour. You can always do the tour next year.
I agree with Deb. I've heard really great things about the Orientation too (enough to make me wish I could go!) - and you only have one opportunity to attend. You can go on the tour any year.Maybe your director isn't aware of what the orientation is?

The orientation is only 1/2 hour according to the registration form--I wonder what they do that is so special in that amount of time. Man, I'm curious! I hope that the timing all works out okay so I can find out.

In all honesty if you can do both do it!! Last year was my first NC and so glad I did both. Going to the HO tour, makes you understand the company better, where the solution center is, disbo, etc. and shows us how Doris started the business. Its cool!!!:thumbup:

The the orientation is good because you do get a small goodie bag (pedometer, gum, and a thing one or two other things) and it just helps you to understand what the few days are about. Now I met Jean Jonas (see my avitar) ONLY because she was checking in on......ugh I can see her face just lost her name, anyway so we stopped Jean and asked for pictures. OMG! OMG! She was AMAZING to talk with. You know she's on a schedule but she took all the time WE needed with pics, not just one each but enough for us to be happy! (I LOVE JEAN!:love:). Also, there was a power point slide show and it was nice. We could ask ANY and ALL questions we needed and that helped. :)

So if you can do BOTH DO IT!!!! I'm going this year to NC and did not sign up for the tour because I've done it (but may sign up later who knows! ha ha) and of course don't need to orientation! GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!!!:balloon:

pcchefjane said:
I'd love to do the HO tour but I'm wondering if they can accommodate me with a scooter or cart of some kind. I walk with a can and don't do distances well. I rarely go to any stores that require much walking and use a scooter at Walmart, etc. I did note that on my registration.

Yes they can at least at HO. You do take a bus to HO from the conference center so as long as you can climb up and your scooter/cart can go underneath (I think) you'd be ok. There are elevators right near the stairs that most of us took so you won't be lost. Plus its more of a self guided tour in some areas so that's good too. The people at HO were SUPER NICE to talk with and gave me an appreciation of whom I was calling! :)

Lady Chef said:
So for all of you veterans to national conference, I hope you can provide some guidance to a newbie. Since home office tours are only available the first day of the conference, I'm wondering if it would be too much to try to take the home office tour 7 am - 11:30 am and then try to make the 1st timer orientation at 12. Any thoughts?

THREAD JACK FOR A MINUTE: I'm from Ballston Spa NY and my mom is still there! LOL :) I can't wait to come back and visit! :blushing:

Well how funny is that. I was actually coming on here to post if the tour was worth it, as Kim (the original poster) and I (she's my recruiter) are debating between ourselves if we should do the tour and we never intended to not do orientation, just wanted to see if timing would work in our favor and if the long day would be worth it. I think these responses have made my decision to go ahead and do the tour and that we won't regret the extra cost.

I think though I'll have to be sure to have some things to snack on, since between tour, orientation, and 1st workshop there is almost no time between each.

By the way, does anyone know what the boxed breakfast included with tour is???? TIA

The breakfast from what I remember was a banana, yogurt, bagel, and juice.

Thanks to all who posted. I decided to book the tour and orientation. Just registered today!!! I'm so excited!!!

Ok, fine, you convinced me. I just signed up for the 12pm Orientation. I figure if we don't make it back from the tour in time, at least it didn't cost any extra. If we do make it back, it sounds like it's worth the rush to get in the doors on time.

1. What is the purpose of a Home Office Tour and 1st Timer Orientation?

The Home Office Tour and 1st Timer Orientation is designed to introduce new consultants to the Pampered Chef corporate headquarters and provide them with important information about our company, products, and business opportunity.

2. How long does the Home Office Tour and 1st Timer Orientation last?

The tour and orientation typically lasts 2-3 hours, depending on the size of the group and the amount of questions asked.

3. What can I expect to see during the Home Office Tour?

You will have the opportunity to see various departments within our corporate headquarters, including our test kitchens, product development areas, and customer service center. You will also have the chance to meet some of our team members and learn about their roles within the company.

4. Will there be any hands-on activities during the 1st Timer Orientation?

Yes, there will be interactive activities to help you better understand our products and how to use them. You will also have the chance to sample some of our delicious recipes!

5. Is the Home Office Tour and 1st Timer Orientation mandatory?

While it is not mandatory, we highly recommend attending for a better understanding of our company and how to run a successful Pampered Chef business. Plus, it's a great opportunity to network with other consultants and ask any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smiley757
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies