• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamping Home Office Consultant Search: Opinions and Suggestions

In summary, I think that customers should be able to search for any consultant, and that directors have earned this perk by working hard to grow their team.

Do you think Home Office should change the current system of searching for consultant

• Absolutely: It Could eliminate so many consultants from going inactive

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Yes, I believe that it should be up to the consumer to decide whom to contact

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • NO. It should remain a directors "perk"

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yummy4tummy
I was wondering if any other consultants have pondered this. Do you think Home Office should change the current system of searching for consultants and HO leads?

Please add any additional comments to your post. Thanks

Kind of.

I think there should be an option to search by name if you know your consultant and want to visit her site. Sometimes our hosts and customers don't remember the URL of our PWS and that could really help them.

However, I do think that the HO leads should continue to go to directors and above only.

I have thought about it and while it would be nice if they would put people in contact with the closest consultant I understand why they go to the closest director.

We as consultants are still learnign to grow our business. Anyone who has allready reached director status has done so by their own merit and along the way has learned how to train and work with new recruits.

It is also a "benefit" that directors have earned by working hard to grow their team.

This is my take on it anyway.....

That being said it would be nice like Debbie said if there was a search by name option.

etteluap70PC said:
I have thought about it and while it would be nice if they would put people in contact with the closest consultant I understand why they go to the closest director.

We as consultants are still learnign to grow our business. Anyone who has allready reached director status has done so by their own merit and along the way has learned how to train and work with new recruits.

It is also a "benefit" that directors have earned by working hard to grow their team.

This is my take on it anyway.....
I agree Paulette...and it's one of the perks I am really looking forward to when I become a director!

DebbieJ said:
Kind of.

I think there should be an option to search by name if you know your consultant and want to visit her site. Sometimes our hosts and customers don't remember the URL of our PWS and that could really help them.

However, I do think that the HO leads should continue to go to directors and above only.

Deb,
I couldn't agree with you more! I definitely think there should be a way for people to search for a consultant's website by name. But I also agree that the random leads should go to directors. Well said!

I couldn't agree with you more! I definitely think there should be a way for people to search for a consultant's website by name especially since they know the consultant by name but dont know their website address, Like my family knows my name but not the address so, they call and ask me for it. I think it would save me time for sure.

But, I also agree that the random leads should go to directors. That was a huge motivator for me when I became director. ;)

chefjenibel said:
Deb,
I couldn't agree with you more! I definitely think there should be a way for people to search for a consultant's website by name. But I also agree that the random leads should go to directors. Well said!

I diddo this!

I think customers should be able to search for any consultant. That said, I was searching for a Tupperware consultant, was able to choose from a list which included zip codes. I chose the consultant in my own zip code, emailed her that I wanted to have a show. She responded that she was at work and would call that evening. No call. I emailed her again, no response. That was 2 weeks ago. So, if directors are more likely to be more responsible with their businesses, I can understand leaving it a perk.

I agree with all that has been said above! I think it is a WELL DESERVED PERK that Directors and above have earned. But, there needs to be a way for people to search for us if they KNOW us, but just have misplaced our number or website address!

DebbieJ said:
Kind of.

That's exactly what I was going to say. It is an awesome director perk and I didn't even think twice about this policy during the 3 years before I became a director. Way back when, when I had no interest in becoming a director, I never thought this was unfair. I saw it as a perk for those who worked hard to promote a director. Once I got a taste of how much I'd love being a director, this was something I looked forward to once I promoted.

As a director now, I can honestly say that the amount of HO leads I get wouldn't prevent me from going inactive if it ever came close to that. It's not like leads roll in every day. Sure, I've received show leads from it, but some are just individual orders or those who just want a catalog and sometimes never call you back despite your phone calls to make sure they got it. All of this depends on the area you live in and how many other directors are in the "rotation" because some probably get leads more than others. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this perk, but it's not enough to sustain a business.:) I have yet to see a person who is referred to me as a HO lead and has checked they want info on the business opportunity actually return my calls and go any further than the initial request to the HO. Obviously I also send them some info, but I think some get cold feet after that initial request and it doesn't go anywhere. It'll happen eventually! :)

You can look up Tastefully Simple reps by zip code as well. A friend of mine found a rep that way and had a show with her. She was not fun to deal with. She had built up enough of a customer base to exist on reorders and wasn't very pleasant at the show b/c she didn't do them often. She brought a new recruit with her that night and everyone ended up booking with her instead of the main rep.

jennifer said:
But, I also agree that the random leads should go to directors. That was a huge motivator for me when I became director. ;)

I totally agree BUT as a home office lead to be a consultant -- I knew I was signing when I was "given" my director. I think all leads should be given 3 choices of who to sign under. I like my director, but never would have signed under her if given the choice. Before joining here and going to conference, my director was the shining example of PC. Honestly -- I was about to quit when I decided to give conference a try.

Now I have a virtual cluster (you guys :) YAAAYYYYYY!) and a great hospitality cluster I opt to attend over my own. (Sorry -- had to give my 2 cents worth.)

jennifer said:
I couldn't agree with you more! I definitely think there should be a way for people to search for a consultant's website by name especially since they know the consultant by name but dont know their website address, Like my family knows my name but not the address so, they call and ask me for it. I think it would save me time for sure.

I cant' agree with you more... if you go to Marykay's website...you can search out a consultant by town and state... why is that not an option for us? That would be nice for us...I was a home office lead...... as well I am glad that I am in the cluster that I am.. but I was jsut thinking about if you jsut wanted to order from someone you know.... but dont' know their site address.

pamperedbecky said:
That's exactly what I was going to say. It is an awesome director perk and I didn't even think twice about this policy during the 3 years before I became a director. Way back when, when I had no interest in becoming a director, I never thought this was unfair. I saw it as a perk for those who worked hard to promote a director. Once I got a taste of how much I'd love being a director, this was something I looked forward to once I promoted.

As a director now, I can honestly say that the amount of HO leads I get wouldn't prevent me from going inactive if it ever came close to that. It's not like leads roll in every day. Sure, I've received show leads from it, but some are just individual orders or those who just want a catalog and sometimes never call you back despite your phone calls to make sure they got it. All of this depends on the area you live in and how many other directors are in the "rotation" because some probably get leads more than others. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this perk, but it's not enough to sustain a business.:) I have yet to see a person who is referred to me as a HO lead and has checked they want info on the business opportunity actually return my calls and go any further than the initial request to the HO. Obviously I also send them some info, but I think some get cold feet after that initial request and it doesn't go anywhere. It'll happen eventually! :)

My director has 3 consultants in our cluster right now who were home office leads! It probably does depend on how many directors there are in your area - she also does about 3 shows a month from HO leads!

Paige Dixon said:
I think customers should be able to search for any consultant. That said, I was searching for a Tupperware consultant, was able to choose from a list which included zip codes. I chose the consultant in my own zip code, emailed her that I wanted to have a show. She responded that she was at work and would call that evening. No call. I emailed her again, no response. That was 2 weeks ago. So, if directors are more likely to be more responsible with their businesses, I can understand leaving it a perk.
I did this same exact thing with my tupperware lady!! She took 2 weeks to repond to my original e-mail, and then didn't give me any other information about hosting. She just wrote that I could call her if I needed anything, and the prices of their consultant kits... needless to say I am still looking for a tupperware lady!

I am very excited to get HO leads as a director "perk"!

I'll be the (minor) voice of dissent -- I think recruiting leads should go to directors and I agree that customers should be able to look us up by name (at least a directory of our paid websites), but think that leads should go to the closest person (consultant or director) to a person's home.

When I finally found a consultant 5 years ago, I had to make THREE requests to the home office before I got a director to host a show (I got two phone calls, but the first director wasn't able to have a show for several months!). I'd have been very happy to have had a green consultant who was hungry for my business. The director who did do my show was fabulous and I loved her, but she retired before I became a consultant.

I don't feel super strongly about it as a director perk (happy for those directors), but would welcome leads from the Home Office since apparently there aren't many consultants in my immediate vicinity and have had no luck (so far) with getting recruits, so it may be a while before I'm a director and CAN get those leads.

I agree with Laura. I think recruit leads should go to directors, and I do think that with a $72 annual fee for the website that customers should be able to look us up by zipcode.

I live 6 hours away from civilization, and I don't believe there are any other active consultants in my area. My recruiter tells me she is done with PC and is going to be moving in a couple of months anyway. I have heard through the grapevine that my 1st line director is also on her way to being inactive. And, I don't think my 3rd line director even knows I exist. So, it would be nice that if people in my small town wanted to find a PC consultant, they could look me up somehow.

I am so glad to have CS to go to when I have questions!!

Sheryl

Okay, I just got home and had to respond to this one, so if what I say has already been said, sorry.

Leads should be kept a Director perk for the main reason that Directors have worked hard to get where they are and are less likely to go inactive. That being said, I have seen Directors go inactive. However, we do have to sell $1250 three out of the previous four months in order to get the HO leads.

On another note, I think there should be a "Search for your Consultant" feature on the main page. I think it is important to be able to find the specific consultant you are looking for. If you don't have one, then the lead should go to a Director.

I have a sister Director who got a HO lead and called and all he wanted was info on how to order on the fundraiser another consultant had set up. Had he been able to search for that consultant, she would have gotten the next lead and maybe some sales or bookings or recruiting out of it.

I choose undecided. I think you should be able to search for people but don't have their numbers or you want a specific city. I tried to contact someone through the website over a year ago and I was never contacted by anyone. But I think it should be a directors thing too. So there it is! :p

I am torn also I live in a city in the middle of nowhere and when I put info in I get a director in Id which is over 2 hrs away from where I live.

I am not a director, so I haven't gotten HO leads yet, but I just wanted to point out that just because a director isn't in your immediate area doesn't mean she doesn't have downline members in your area to pass them on to. I have consultants all over the state in my downline, so if I got a lead for a cooking show that was too far for me, I could pass it to my downline and still partially benefit.

I do feel that it is unfair to not have a consultant search when people know the name of their consultant but not the specific PWS. Directors wouldn't really want those leads anyway because even if they are intersted in a show they will hold it with their consultant, not a different one.

I am not saying there are no consultants in her downline here but I only know of 3-4 consultants in my area.

I feel that this should remain a director perk. If you know a consultant that you want to deal with, you can call them...you don't need a website to receive an order.

I have been a consultant longer than I have been a director and I must say that there are strong consultants on the team and some that are not so dedicated. I have one consultant that does one show a year. One that may do 2 a year. Maybe this is why Tupperware's name has shown up more than once on this thread in a negative manner. I think we do it right!

One of the most common things I hear is...are there other consultants in the area? I think if people could see how many people are signed and in an area, it would discourage recruiting. One of my downline lives just miles away and she is selling $3 to $4,000 a month. Those that are starting up don't realize that the more successful they want to be depends only on the individual.

I have Future Directors, trip acheivers, some that run hot and cold and then others that like to dabble in it as I described in the previous paragraph.

I know it is a frustrating trip to directorship, but it is a perk that is well deserved and an earned perk. As someone else said previously, the standards for keeping directorship are higher and I think that the HO leads help maintain that. Look at the success of those that have acheived upper level directorship! There is much time devoted to training and supporting a team...then to develop others into directorship takes even more time with no guarentee that the person you are training will want to achieve more.

Wow I am actually amazed at the numbers so far. I too live in a small town with a lot of consultants. I know for a fact that I would have never signed on to be a PC consultant had I known the ratio in my area before hand. I enjoy doing the shows, and the incentives that are offered. I break my neck just trying to stay afloat. I don't have many contacts and have come to realize that I am a magnet for PC "naysayers." I have posted fliers (only to have them immediately removed by competition...I'm not sure), done expo's, mailed postcards, phone contacts, I am a walking and rolling billboard. I can't afford to continually do fairs, expo's, ads and join groups like the Chamber of Commerce or other networking groups in sheer hopes of getting a contact. I am not a "pouncer". I don't have a killer instinct but that doesn't mean that I don't take what I do (or what I want to achieve) seriously.

I think it's great that directors get perks and rightfully so but I do have to say that I believe that it would be in the best interest of PC to help the "soldiers" get to "officer" status by letting the consumer decide whom they contact. I know that I have searched other companies (not Tupperware) this way. They provided a list of many consultants and it was my choice who to contact. I contacted several...the first person to respond in a timely, positive manner won my business.

yummy4tummy said:
Wow I am actually amazed at the numbers so far. I too live in a small town with a lot of consultants.

Try living in Chicagoland!!! :)

Your experience, Val, is just like my own (and just about everyone else's) except, I did not want to be a director and when I did, it took over 2 years. I have just celebrated my 7th year anniversary.

"No" is the common word in this business and pouncers drive business away more than they attract it. My downline is having better luck than I did with fairs, expos, etc. I decided that my time was better spent either doing a party or taking the day to make phone contacts than pay a large price for not much results.

Guess what I am trying to say is that the frustration you are feeling is natural. Not much of a comfort, I know. If you keep your determination up, you will acheive your goals with having to be a pouncer.

Thanks for starting this thread. It helps to share the ups and downs.

DebbieJ said:
Kind of.

Much faster than typing it my own self!

I agree that if a customer knows a consultant's name they should be able to be directed to her/him. Even as a director, I have had people try to contact me (but didn't have my direct info) and were directed to someone else becasue the customer didn't live in my area or it wasn't my turn. I definitely feel they need to tweek the system to help customers find their own consultant IF they at least know the name.

I do believe leads need to stay director perks though. It is a benefit that should be a reward for the efforts it takes to be promoted. Most directors are knowledgable and represent the company well. If a blind lead went to a new consultant she may not have the correct answers for the customer.

I was a HO lead and a couple of the consultants on my team were HO leads. It does not keep a director active if she relies on that but it can enhance her team. It is a benefit I value.

That being said, I can tell you that a LOT of leads are dead - never call you back, want a $3 item, a question, found someone else in the meantime but they still count as your turn (UGGGGG) so don't think every lead is a $100 order, a show or a new consultant.

I think it should be someone who is at least a minimum of future director or been in the business at least 3-6 months. It would be bad if a home office lead went to a new person who had no clue what they were doing and left a negative with someone about Pampered Chef. It is a nice director perk but you still have to get a certain amount of sales per month as a director to get the perk don't you??

Kathytnt said:
I think it should be someone who is at least a minimum of future director or been in the business at least 3-6 months. It would be bad if a home office lead went to a new person who had no clue what they were doing and left a negative with someone about Pampered Chef. It is a nice director perk but you still have to get a certain amount of sales per month as a director to get the perk don't you??

There are many that could do well by someone in for 3-6 months or if they are a FD, but I must say...I have some that have not submitted much if anything for parties in the first 3 - 6 months and don't take initive to be active in training. I have one FD that has fallen into the FD position and has never made it to $1250 in sales to even earn her extra percentage. She is a very intelligent person, but is in it for the discount. She doesn't get to know her products very well and has been "forced" to start looking into things for her downline. Not what PC wants to represent the company.

And to back Beth up...I am the only director in a three county area so my leads are many...but so many are dead ends. Recently it was another consultant wanting to know how close other consultants were to her parents home. I get much more as far as sales by someond logging on and randomly sumitting an order. The lead system is great when it works, but it is not the pot of gold to make or break your business.

And yes, you do have to meet certain sales requirements to stay on the list. You can lose this ability before you lose directorship.

There are not many consultant's in my area. I am not full time PC...really just a little more than hobbiest, but I do work hard to stay knowledgeable and up to date. I order the new products and paperwork, learn about the products, do 1-2 shows each month. No, I don't have 1000.00 months very often. But, I do have 2 recruits who are part timers just like me. One recruit was a HO lead that went to my hospitality director who lives too far away to do a show. So, she called me and I did the show and received a new recruit. That being said, the closest director in my area is over an hours drive away from me...almost 2 hours from my new recruit...and my director lives over 3 hours drive away from me. It is unfair to a person who wants to sell PC to be given to someone over 2 hours away when there is a consultant closer to her that would be able to meet with her and spend more time with her. I chose to sign with a person who was far away because she visited this area often to see family. One month after I signed she quit and now I have 2 wonderful directors to help me...my director and a hospitality director. I am lucky to have this support. Not many people in my situation have it. But it is very hard because when you need something because they are far away...and I can't help them out either. Being a director has a lot of perks and I don't think passing HO leads to the closest consultant would hurt their directorship. And, I realize that not every lead would be profitable, but I think the program could be better, even if they keep it as a director's perk. There has to be a better way to do it.

1. What are the current methods of searching for consultants and HO leads in the Home Office system?

The current methods include searching through a database of registered consultants, referral from current consultants, and recruitment events.

2. What are the main drawbacks of the current system?

The main drawbacks include limited reach to potential consultants, lack of diversity in the consultant pool, and potential bias in the referral system.

3. How can the Home Office revamp the consultant search system?

The Home Office can revamp the system by implementing a more comprehensive and inclusive recruitment strategy, utilizing online platforms for advertising and applications, and implementing a blind review process to eliminate bias.

4. What are some potential benefits of revamping the consultant search system?

Potential benefits include a larger and more diverse pool of consultants, improved efficiency in finding qualified candidates, and a more fair and unbiased selection process.

5. How can current consultants and HO leads provide feedback on the current system and suggestions for improvement?

Current consultants and HO leads can provide feedback and suggestions through surveys, focus groups, and open forums. The Home Office can also establish a designated feedback channel for consultants to share their thoughts and suggestions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • ivykeep
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • NooraK