1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Holding A Show On An Indian Reservation (Tax Exempt Customers)

1. Karen

Karen Member Gold Member

I'm in need of information on submitting a show that was held on a nearby Indian Reservation. This is a catalog and all of the guests live on the reservation, therefore they are all tax exempt.

I know there is a specific tax exempt number that I need from each guest, however I'm not sure if that is specifically what the number is called or if there is another name for it. (I believe this is similar to a tax-exempt organization placing an order, am I correct?)

Has anyone held shows similar to this that can provide some feedback?:confused:

Thanks a bunch!

Apr 1, 2009
  2. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

In Canada it's called their band number. They all have it and know it off by heart or have easy access to it since they would use it regularly when doing their day to day shopping. In Canada you have to go on CC, under downloads, and get the 'Tribal Purchasing Chart', print it off, fill it out and mail or fax it in, in addition to clicking 'tax exempt' on the customer's order screen.

Clear as mud?

Apr 1, 2009
  3. Karen

Karen Member Gold Member

Clear as mud! Thanks Jodi, I'll give it a try. I did try calling HO yesterday and after being on the call back list with a wait time of 3+ hours, receiving a call back and then still being put on hold for over 25 minutes I gave up. Why have the call back option if you are going to keep people on hold? Anyhow, thanks for the info!

Apr 2, 2009
Have something to add?