• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Highs and Lows of Pampered Chef: Our Journey So Far

In summary, PC has had some bad luck with some of their products breaking recently. However, they are still pushing forward with their shows.
dexheimers
Sara and I were on such a high after our first show which now has topped $1,100! A few bad things have happened since....

:mad: Our Small Baker broke after toasting some almonds in the microwave for a recipe. It just snapped right in two! It must have had a small crack in it or something.

:mad: Our chopper lost a small piece that holds the top pieces on. So one of the top pieces falls off if you try and unfold it.

:mad: Our crate has two cracks in it that we never noticed!

:mad: We booked another show yesterday! The bad news is we sent our her host packet in the mail last night and today found out that she needs to schedule it for another weekend. So we have to send her labels to cover up the ones we placed on her invitations and catalogs!

I emailed HO about the three products issues. I hope we can get them all replaced. We are still pumped about PC and realize that there are always highs and lows. We have 8 shows in September and 6 so far for October. I hope to fill November and December during those shows!!

wish us luck! :)

Call the HO about those three products and make sure you tell them that you are a consultant and need them to ship out replacements IMMEDIATELY so that you can use them at shows and you will send the broken ones back.

I emailed them yesterday. Do you think I should still call?

Sorry about the bad luck! Now you have a story to tell your customers about how caring and prompt PC's return policy is (if you get the right rep at HO)

And the good thing with being a consultant - often they won't have you send the product back and they are very fast about sending a replacement - great job on your first show and good luck with the rest!

Gina Miller

Well I am on hold at the moment. I have talked to two different people and they seem to think we shouldn't have a crate at all because they don't see it on our list...whatever that means. I can send them a picture if they want!!

More bad news....we received the cranberry small oval baker and they say they can only send us the vanilla as a replacement. I like the cranberry MUCH better....oh well. I just hope the get it figured out!

Gillian - you were right about getting the right representative. The ones I have talked to tonight seem pretty clueless. I have had great experiences with calling in the past, but this time it isn't so good. Oh well, it will all work out.

Last edited:
About the crate, have them look at the back of any catalog to see what comes in the kit. Also, it is on the supply order form #6646 "The Display Crate". What weirdos!

Just got off of the phone. We are getting replacements and don't have to send our broken products back. We're still getting the vanilla baker though :(

cmdtrgd said:
About the crate, have them look at the back of any catalog to see what comes in the kit. Also, it is on the supply order form #6646 "The Display Crate". What weirdos!

Yeah I read the Super Starter Kit list to them and quoted the product number and everything! It was really bizarre...

dexheimers said:
Just got off of the phone. We are getting replacements and don't have to send our broken products back. We're still getting the vanilla baker though :(

You got the cranberry small oval baker in your starter kit?? The kit is supposed to come with the vanilla baker, so maybe that's why you can only get that as the replacement..

Just a thought! :)

Maybe one of your September hosts will let you through the cranberry one on their order so you can get it really cheap! I think that 99% of people get the vanilla one in their kit, so consider yourself lucky that you got that one to begin with!

No, I'm not lucky! I got the cranberry one only to have it break before my eyes! How tragic! lol....

I don't use the Microwave to toast nuts for that very reason! It has happened to me (with my well-seasoned small bar pan!), and I have heard of it happening with other consultants also......the nuts have to be stirred often when you do them in the microwave, or you get hot spots which can cause your stone to crack. I toast nuts in my small saute pan on the stove, or in the oven.

Hey you two are doing awesome for your start! Dont let this bring you down! How did you two get so many shows already? How do you coordinate your shows? You two are awesome, and definately inspiration for many. I know it makes me feel better that newbies can do so well. I myself am just finishing my ss1 and got no where near what you two had.

I'd be curious to know how you guys work it out! Sorry about the streak of bad luck. Its ok, get it all out in the beginning and then you'll have smooth sailing!

utopianaurora said:
Hey you two are doing awesome for your start! Dont let this bring you down! How did you two get so many shows already? How do you coordinate your shows? You two are awesome, and definately inspiration for many. I know it makes me feel better that newbies can do so well. I myself am just finishing my ss1 and got no where near what you two had.

Wow thanks for the boost! Sara and I just started with our family and friends and it has boomed from there. We're trying to stay really organized and make sure we talk with our hosts and encourage them to have the best show possible. We really talk up over-inviting, having guests bring a friend (they get a free cookbook if they do), and pushing outside orders for those who can't attend. It worked really well for our first show and I hope it does for the shows to come!

Our best thing I believe is PASSING AROUND THE PRODUCTS. We looked at what we sold and about 90% was stuff we passed around for people to play with. Once we passed things around people we talking to each other about them, sharing stories, etc. The products really seem to sell themselves!

Just remember that the SS2 and SS3 bonuses are really awesome. We are working hard to get them so we can build up our inventory (more to pass around!!!) :)

Best of luck to you!!!!

I can't stress passing around enough!! You guys did a great job and will hopefully be very successful! I try to talk about and pass around everything that I brought to the show, and I have a $750 show average!

I wish I had duplicates of the SS kit items to pass around. Its something to work towards.

That is my dream too, to always have a packed kit to bring so I don't have to clear out my kitchen every time I do a show!

gilliandanielle said:
That is my dream too, to always have a packed kit to bring so I don't have to clear out my kitchen every time I do a show!

That's my dream too...unfortunately - it isn't a dream my husband shares:(

One day..........

1. What makes Pampered Chef different from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef is unique because we offer high-quality kitchen products that are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. Our consultants also have the opportunity to host cooking shows and share delicious recipes with their customers.

2. How long has Pampered Chef been in business?

Pampered Chef was founded in 1980, which means we have over 40 years of experience in the direct sales industry. We are proud to have helped countless families create delicious meals and memories in the kitchen.

3. Can anyone become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone over the age of 18 can become a Pampered Chef consultant. We welcome people from all walks of life and provide them with the training and support they need to succeed in their business.

4. How do you ensure the quality of your products?

At Pampered Chef, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products. We work closely with our trusted manufacturers to source the best materials and conduct rigorous testing to ensure our products meet our high standards.

5. What kind of support and training do you offer to your consultants?

We offer comprehensive training and support to all of our consultants, including online resources, training events, and a dedicated consultant support team. We also have a strong community of consultants who are always willing to share their knowledge and experiences with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLisa
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7