• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hey Chefann! (And Other Bird Lovers!)

In summary, Beaker and Bunsen Honeydew are two of the smartest birds in the world. They both love to talk and imitate various voices.
Thanks for the link, that story is great. I guess I better start working on teaching my little guy his address, and phone number--just like I did all the kids before they went to school. Of course we adopted our feathered friend and he came to us with his own little vocab (some of which we would rather he forgot!) He is constantly ringing like a phone then answering "Hello, Hell00000. and then he will continue with a one sided conversation like he is talking on the phone with someone else, then he starts telling them a phone number--not mine--and then he will say "Okay, thank you, love you, Bye"
When I am having a bad day, he can always bring a smile to my face. Linda

That's cool! I should probably teach Beaker our address. Our other bird, Bunsen, was "used", and he also rings like a phone and carries on one-sided conversations. I think he didn't get as much attention from his former owner as from us.

My friend in Jr. High lived with her aunt and uncle. We'd sit at her kitchen table after school talking and their parrot would say, "Shut up and open my cage."He also LOVED hot dogs...There are some VERY intelligent birds out there and I'm constantly amazed by them!

DH is trying to teach Beaker to say "Pull my finger" followed by the fart sound. So far, she'll fart when he says "Pull my finger." Birds are truly amazing. The theory is that larger pet birds, when properly stimulated, have the intelligence of a 4-5 year old human child. That's amazing, considering that their brains are so small. So if someone calls you a birdbrain, take it as a compliment. :)

chefann said:
That's cool! I should probably teach Beaker our address.

Our other bird, Bunsen, was "used", and he also rings like a phone and carries on one-sided conversations. I think he didn't get as much attention from his former owner as from us.

Ahh, seriously two of the best Muppets ever created! :)

That's right!!Beaker was originally named after Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. He's C. Montgomery Burns, and Beaker is B. Montgomery Bird. Commonly known as Beaker. Then when we got Bunsen (who was called Ace by his practice owner), we had to think of a name that went with Beaker. We remembered the Muppet, and it worked out perfectly that Dr. Bunsen Honeydew was green, and so's the bird. So that's how we ended up with Bunsen. Of course, we usually call him "The Bun" or "Bunny Bird."

chefann said:
DH is trying to teach Beaker to say "Pull my finger" followed by the fart sound. So far, she'll fart when he says "Pull my finger."

Birds are truly amazing. The theory is that larger pet birds, when properly stimulated, have the intelligence of a 4-5 year old human child. That's amazing, considering that their brains are so small. So if someone calls you a birdbrain, take it as a compliment. :)

Too funny!! I love this!!! I better Beaker will have this down in no time. Make sure you send a video into ABV

I LOVED Beaker and Bunsen Honeydew when I was growing up. I also loved Kermit the frog. I can imitate his voice and the voice of Elmo. My niece loves it when I talk to her in my Elmo voice. DH can do a good rendidtion of Donald Duck!

The only impression I can do it a mean weedwacker.

DS cracks up over my Pee Wee Herman.

too cool about your birds talking.

Kitchen Diva said:
I LOVED Beaker and Bunsen Honeydew when I was growing up. I also loved Kermit the frog. I can imitate his voice and the voice of Elmo. My niece loves it when I talk to her in my Elmo voice. DH can do a good rendidtion of Donald Duck!

Gee, you're multi-talented. Are you going to add these to your sit-down comedy act?

Related to Hey Chefann! (And Other Bird Lovers!)

1. What is "Hey Chefann!" all about?

"Hey Chefann!" is a line of cooking and kitchen products designed specifically for bird lovers. Each product features adorable bird-themed designs and can be used for both cooking and entertaining.

2. What kind of products are included in the "Hey Chefann!" line?

The "Hey Chefann!" line includes a variety of kitchen and cooking products, such as utensils, baking dishes, aprons, and serving platters. Each product features a unique bird design and is made with high-quality materials.

3. Can these products be used for everyday cooking?

Absolutely! The "Hey Chefann!" products are not only cute and stylish, but they are also functional and durable. You can use them for everyday cooking or for special occasions.

4. Are these products safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher?

Yes, all of the "Hey Chefann!" products are microwave and dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for longer-lasting durability.

5. Can I purchase "Hey Chefann!" products as gifts?

Definitely! Our products make great gifts for any bird lover or cooking enthusiast. You can purchase them individually or as part of a gift set. We also offer gift wrapping services for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies