• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncommon Hobbies: Tips for Obtaining Technician or General Operating License

In summary, this woman was talking to DH about getting her Technician or General Operating License and he told her that if she can go get it, he can pass the test with no problem. She took some online tests and passed them with ease. She is thinking of reading the book and taking the test at the end of July.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Anyone on here have their Technician or General Operating License?

Short story long, after my DH attended Field Day this weekend, I met this lady that was older and a total airhead. She had her Technician License and was talking about getting her General and the competitive side of me said, "Self, if that lady can go get her license, you can pass the test with no problem."

So, last night I took some online tests cold without even reading the book and I was passing them with 90-100%. I'm thinking of reading the book and taking the test at the end of July.

It'd be nice to have in case there was an emergency and help was needed...

Now morse code...that make me a little nervous...don't know if I can do that, but nowadays it is optional.

did the morse code years ago....

colegrovet said:
did the morse code years ago....

Do you still remember it? Was it hard to learn?

DH still wants to learn that. Many people recommended Code Quick and to learn phrases for the sounds...

it's been (tell on myself here) over 25 years since I learned it, i had problems learning the letters, but I breezed through the speeds.. I still remember some of it..

- . .-. .-. -.--
T e r r y

--. --- -
- .... .- -
--- -. .

:D

I found a chart that you can practice with until you get it...

So what is morse code for:

There she was, she was walking down the street?

Do-wah-diddy-diddy-dum-diddy-do (Yes, I know that isn't true morse code but thought it was funny!)

pamperedlinda said:
Now that is not fair! Smarty pants :confused:

:p Ooh, I can tease Linda now!

Someone has too much time on their hands today.

pamperedlinda said:

Nope, did so much at work that my brain was on overload and I needed a mental break. Opposite problem of too much time! ;)

I must say, I'm in awe. If this is the type of thing you do for relaxation and enjoyment, you make my vegging out in front of 80's brat-pack movies look really pathetic.

If it makes you feel better, I'd rather come veg with you!

You know, that does make me feel better. :)

pamperedlinda said:

This is Janet we are talking about... when does she ever have too much time on her hands?????

katie0128 said:
This is Janet we are talking about... when does she ever have too much time on her hands?????

Yeah, I know. The woman probably knits sweaters in her sleep! ;)

pamperedlinda said:
Yeah, I know. The woman probably knits sweaters in her sleep! ;)

Nah, she writes computer programs in her sleep.....:D

You guys are making me LOL out loud (as Monk would say! :) Anyone else watch that show?)

AnnieBee said:
You guys are making me LOL out loud (as Monk would say! :) Anyone else watch that show?)

I LOVE Monk! He makes me LOL out loud!

Yeah, I don't knit...just got done swimming though...

I bet if there was competative knitting you'd learn! LOL

You do know we are kidding with you - right?!

pamperedlinda said:
I bet if there was competative knitting you'd learn! LOL

You do know we are kidding with you - right?!

Nope, I'd rather teach underwater basket weaving for the non-swimmer.

...and duh! Yes I know! I dish it out, I expect to get it back SOMETIME! ;)

I always tell people that if I stop picking on them, they'd better hide because I must REALLY be ticked at them!

What are the requirements for obtaining a technician or general operating license?

To obtain a technician or general operating license, you must be at least 18 years old, have a valid government-issued ID, pass a background check, and complete a training course or apprenticeship program.

What types of uncommon hobbies can qualify for a technician or general operating license?

Uncommon hobbies that can qualify for a technician or general operating license include ham radio operation, amateur rocketry, drone piloting, and falconry. However, this may vary depending on your state or country's licensing requirements.

Do I need to take a written test to obtain a technician or general operating license?

Yes, in most cases, you will need to pass a written test to obtain a technician or general operating license. The test will cover topics such as safety regulations, technical knowledge, and proper operation of equipment related to your specific hobby.

How long does it take to obtain a technician or general operating license?

The time it takes to obtain a technician or general operating license can vary depending on the specific hobby and your location. On average, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to complete the necessary requirements and obtain your license.

What can I do with a technician or general operating license?

A technician or general operating license allows you to legally participate in your chosen uncommon hobby. It also demonstrates your knowledge and proficiency in operating related equipment, which can be helpful if you plan to pursue a career in that field.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • finley1991
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back