1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Hey Becky! Mint Triangle Question

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I tried to make these tonight. The topping turned into a gel, is this correct? It also didn't appear as thick or the same color as the picture. Yes I know those pictures are doctored but there was barely enough to cover the entire pan, you can see a lot of the crust through.

Haven't tried them yet, going to my in-laws, they will be my testers.

Sep 6, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

sounds like you didn't use enough almond bark. Mine covered the entire crust with a layer about 1/2 inch thick. it wasn't gel at all--was very firm after refrigerating.

Sep 6, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Once I added the melted Almond Bark, it did change the consistency of the mixture. It was a bit like a gel. But I kept mixing it and by the time I spread it, everything was fine. The amount was perfect for me, so I'm wondering if maybe you misjudged the amount of the almond bark? Also, are you using the right size sheet pan--the medium one? I almost made the mistake of grabbing the large one. (I do that by accident sometimes because I have non-PC metal sheet pans that are larger than our "large" and so our "large" gets mistaken for a medium.)

Sep 6, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

I did use the medium pan. It called for 10 oz of almond bark. Mine was a total of 24 oz with 12 squares so I used 5 squares. Maybe I'll add in more next time. I just pictured something creamer and mine defidentaly looked like a "gel".

Sep 6, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

Okay I double checked the online video and mine did not look like that! I'm pretty good at following directions - ask anyone in my cluster, I'm the one to go to with questions about recipes!

Sep 6, 2009
  6. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

I made these and they tasted great but were messy. The top never "stiffened" like the gal who made them in our cluster. I am going to email her and ask her what I may have done wrong. I love the taste, just want to know how to make them correctly so they can be served and look pretty. I had the "gel" look to the topping also and i know I had the ounces correct on the ingredients because I weighed it out. sigh... I don't like when I can't get something to turn out! Sure did eat them though!

Sep 7, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Hmmmm, I'm really not sure.

I've made them 3 times, and they've turned out every time. I've used bark, and I've also used white chips - and they've been fine either way. The only thing I can think of is that when you are melting the bark/chips - maybe they are too warm when you stir them into the cream cheese?

OR - the other thing would be the type of cream cheese you are using. Is it just plain cream cheese? Or are you using a FF version. I can see where that would affect the outcome, because it's not as solid.

Sep 7, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

I used regular cream cheese. My thought that the bark was maybe too warm - it reminded me of milk curdling almost.

Sep 7, 2009
Have something to add?