• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Here Snow White, Have a Bite of This Apple

M
Mel5497
I try not to vent too much, but this one still has me shaking my head. Last night, I finally met my catalog host who signed last week under the rebate promotion. She was a consultant a couple years ago but stayed active for only a few months.

We started with the 'Come Join Us' booklet so I could get a better feel for her goals, concerns, and plan for success. She indicated extra income was a major motivation, but was very vague when I asked how much she would like to earn a month. She said she could do 1-2 shows a week along with an income goal of $200 a month. {Insert the sound of a faint warning bell.}

I then told her that the commission on an average show is about $100. She was so surprised, she literally popped straight up in her chair. {Warning bell is getting a little louder....why is this surprising her?}

At this point, I looked at her and asked how much she made on her shows the last time she was a consultant. She sat silent for a few moments {while that warning bell started to really get my attention}. Finally, she said, 'I would give my director my shows to process and she would give me a list of products to choose from for free.'

I'm thinking 'oh, her director had some kind of incentives/recognition program', when my stomach suddenly sank. Point blank I asked her if she ever received money from the shows she submitted. Nope. Nada. Not a cent:eek: {ding, ding, ding, ding!}

She did have a prior consultant number in the system, so I know she was signed legitimately last time. All I can think is that her show sales maybe didn't qualify and her director kept adding them to her own shows...except my consultant really was surprised on the whole income earning thing. I don't know what to think really.

She felt very embarrassed when she realized she'd been duped. She also seemed relieved (as in, 'I always thought something didn't seem right'). She isn't dumb by any means, but she is young and very trusting.

The good news is she already has a small catalog show to submit; a small cooking show that closes next week (we did the show together last night with gals she works with); and another catalog and cooking show scheduled. Her list of 100 is actually at 100 (yeah!) and she is starting to make calls.

Anyhow, I just had to share this and vent a little. Arrrgh.

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe that. Do you know who her director was? I wonder if the person is still around. That's just terrible to take advantage of someone like that. That's nuts!!!!

WOW!:eek:

Just goes to show that we can never assume that someone already knows or gets it. Good thing she has you!

meee----lol

Her former director is no long in the business. (thank goodness!)

Oh my that is just so unethical!

I am speechless.....and you ALL know how hard that is!

It's a good thing she found you!

Incredible how low people will sink

I'm speechless too. And that NEVER happens. And appalled.

This is unbelievable! So, in HO's eyes, the first time around, she was a kitnapper. How sad.

pamperedlinda said:
This is unbelievable! So, in HO's eyes, the first time around, she was a kitnapper. How sad.

I don't understand what the benefit is of someone doing that...I mean obviously stealing the commission...but what about overrides and points, etc??

I can't even imagine!! Wow.

My jaw just hit the floor! I was happy to pick it back up when I saw that the director was no longer in business. Chris she is SO fortunate to have found you!!

Mary

WHAT? Please tell me your pulling our legs?

That is just ridiculous! I'm so sorry and I"m so GLAD she has YOU!!

I am still speechless.................first this thread and then my DS comes home from school telling me he needs a flute by Tuesday.....Middle School is starting to cost a fortune!

Tell me about it--my daughter plays the CELLO, for heavens sake!!

And wow, just when you've heard it all! How can someone do that to someone else--no money, just products she can choose from--and she's trying it again, and sounds like she's doing well--let us know how she progresses

1. How much can I earn as a consultant for this company?

The average commission on a show is $100, but your earnings will depend on the number and success of your shows.

2. Why was the consultant surprised by the commission amount?

It is possible that her previous director did not properly inform her of the commission structure or that her show sales did not qualify for commission.

3. How much did the consultant make in her previous time as a consultant?

She did not receive any money from her shows as her director kept the profits for herself.

4. Is it possible that the consultant was signed under false pretenses?

It is possible that her director misrepresented the earning potential and kept the profits from her shows without her knowledge.

5. What is the consultant's current plan for success?

Her current plan includes submitting a catalog show, a cooking show she did with coworkers, and scheduling more shows. She also has a list of 100 potential customers to reach out to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
annew
  • PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
MORFIA
Replies