• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you using the right knives in your kitchen?

In summary, the conversation centered around various methods for relieving stress, including using supplements such as mint tea, parsley, thyme, and lavender. While some people find success with these remedies, others find that exercise works best for them. The conversation also touched on proper knife skills and the benefits of using forged knives, including their strength, balance, and lifetime warranty. It was also mentioned that using a knife honer regularly can help maintain sharpness, and that our forged knives are recommended for those who use knives frequently, while our self-sharpening knives are better for occasional use.
DebPC
Staff member
Selling Forged CutleryThis was recently posted by Kellychef at Chef Success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cheftalk.com/content/bio.cfm?authorid=15

This website shows some great "articles" on Chef's Knives- Part I and Part II. This has pictures that shows how to HOLD and use a chef's knife. Anytime I am discussing our forged knives, I ALWAYS talk about basic knife skills. I am amazed at how many people don't even know how to hold a chef's knife properly. A proper hold gives you more strength, more control, and less fatigue to your hand and wrist. (I mention this at my shows, too.) I noticed the name of the author of those articles...isn't that "our" Chef Chris?!?!?!

Aside from knife skills, I talk about the things I love about our forged knives:

-Forged german steel...stronger, individually hammered pieces. These are NOT stamped out of a sheet of metal!

-Balanced and nice weight...fits into your hand nicely. Professional chef's were involved in the production process of these knives, so you know they work well in the kitchen. (Be sure to pass around a knife in it's sheath so people can look at them and feel how well they are made.)

-Lifetime warranty...these will be the last knives you ever have to purchase!

-Be sure to explain the importance of getting our knife honer to keep them sharp. Honing is the process of bringing the blade back into alignment. During use, very small imperfections are created on the blade, making it not as sharp as it should be. Honing fixes those imperfections and re-creates the perfectly sharp edge. Hone your knife every 2-3 uses (or more...most professional chefs hone before every use and it's a great habit to get into...you always have a super sharp knife that way!) with 4-5 swipes through our honer from butt end to the very tip of the knife. Honing does NOT take any part of the blade off- it just re-aligns it. Then, once honing is no longer giving you that sharp edge, it's time to have it professionally sharpened. This is where a small amount of the blade is shaved off to create a new razor sharp edge. This will only need to be done every year or two, depending on how often you use your knives.

While I love the fact that our knives that have the self-sharpening cases are lifetime warranteed as well, they are NOT the same quality of our forged knives. Our forged set is for the person who uses knives on a very regular basis, someone who wants professional quality. Our less expensive set is for someone who cooks very rarely, but who would like a quality sharp knife to reach for each time! So, it depends on the person's situation as to which line of knives I would reccommend to them. Personally, I LOVE my forged knives and I don't know what I did before them!

That is basically my knife "demo" in a nutshell. I talk about our forged knives and their benefits and then go into knife skills a little bit. Also, make sure to mention our cutting boards and how they will help to keep your knives sharp!

I like mint tea when I'm feeling stressed. Sometimes chewing on parsley and thyme help me, too. However, I'm not sure if it is the herb or the chewing motion.

I really need a stress reliever. I am just starting to look more into supplements, etc...

I use lavender in bathwater or spray some on the kids pillows to help relax before bed...not all the time, but once in awhile.

Doesn't chamomile calm? Exercise works best for me.

Any Herb that will give me a nice long back massage will reduce my stress!

Diane....is your hubby named Herb?

Unfortunately, no.

I got a free bottle of "Holy Basil". Apparently it helps relieve stress. I will report back in a month :)

1. What are the top herbs that can help ease stress?

Some of the top herbs that can help ease stress are chamomile, lavender, ashwagandha, lemon balm, and valerian root. These herbs have been traditionally used for their calming and relaxing properties.

2. How do these herbs help with stress relief?

These herbs contain natural compounds that can have a calming effect on the nervous system. They can also help to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation, making it easier to cope with stress.

3. Can these herbs be consumed in tea form?

Yes, these herbs can be consumed in the form of herbal teas. You can also find them in supplement form, such as capsules or tinctures, for a more concentrated dose.

4. Are there any potential side effects of using these herbs for stress relief?

While these herbs are generally considered safe, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before using them, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any medications. Some herbs may interact with certain medications or have potential side effects.

5. Can I use these herbs in combination with other stress-relieving techniques?

Absolutely! These herbs can be used in combination with other stress-relieving techniques such as mindfulness practices, exercise, and a healthy diet to help manage stress and promote overall well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies