• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Logo on Business Cards

In summary, the conversation covers the topic of creating business cards using Vistaprint and whether or not it is allowed to use the downloadable Pampered Chef Independent Consultant logo. Members share their experiences with printing their own cards and offer tips for creating professional-looking cards. There is also a discussion on the value of investing in professionally printed cards versus printing them at home.
luvmypomeranian
I was trying to make my own business cards on vistaprint.com. I was going to use the downloadable Pampered Chef Independent Consultant logo I found on consultant's corner. However, when I put it in the template for my cards, it is blurry and fuzzy. I don't know how to make it clear. Do I have to use that logo if I put Independent Consultant under my name on the card?

What does everyone else put on their business cards?

I need to get some soon.....actually had someone ask me yesterday if I had a card!

Also wasnt ever sure if I am allowed to use that logo on a card I make. I assumed I could since it said "downloadable logo" by it. Why else would I download it unless I was going to use it?

luvmypomeranian said:
Also wasnt ever sure if I am allowed to use that logo on a card I make. I assumed I could since it said "downloadable logo" by it. Why else would I download it unless I was going to use it?

You can not use it if you are having another company make the cards.

You CAN use it if you are going to print the cards on your own computer, on your signature for email, FB, etc., and on any flyers or other docs you create yourself.

Ok. Thank you. So do most people just print their own business cards? Any tips on doing that?

I have been printing my own, but mainly b/c we had the printable ones here at the house, so they were virtually free. I have seen some people do some cute ones on vistaprint. One lady I know does the veggies in the field motif that they have and she also does reminder postcards that she sends to her hostesses the week before the show (remember to make those phonecalls, and an incentive for outside orders).
I don't personally think that your business cards really matter. They aren't generally something that in and of themselves are going to generate you a ton of business. Make them look professional. There are other business building activites that would be a more productive use of time.

ETA: Just realized that this sounds a bit harsh and judgemental. Didn't intend it to be that way, my point is make them look nice and forget about it. Get on the phone and call people to schedule appointments. That is what will build your business. Technically, you don't need business cards to do shows. I am talking from the experience of doing lots of time wasting activities.

Through the years, I've done business cards on my printer for other things. I'm actually good with software programs, graphics, etc. ... but they still don't compare to professional ink. Ink jet printers just aren't made for that type of printing and, even though I'm happy with the designs that I've made, I've never been completely satisified with the quality.

I think the $31 (includes shipping) for the 500 count product cards from Merrill is worth the cost. I actually buy a set for every consultant in my downline when they qualify as a way of saying congratulations. In my opinion, nothing says "professional" like quality cards. ;) And in the long run with all the test pages or the discard pages because the printer fed the card stock through at an angle ... I think it actually comes out cheaper to just order the Merrill ones. ;)

The Merrill ones are nice looking and not a bad value as Sheila pointed out.

I also make cards on VistaPrint, but not with the PC logo. I found a cute chef's hat design that I like. They are a "premium" card on VP, but I've seen offers for free premium cards from them more and more these days. I'll see if I can upload it here for you to see.

ETA--okay, here it is. I still need to add the trademark symbol to The Pampered Chef, though. Next time I order I'll fix that.

Attachments

• bizcard.jpg
    bizcard.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 670
I use the same exact ones as Deb but I did my layout different. I love them and they are even nicer done on high gloss stock. I get them when I get the free offer for premium with gloss stock. I pay extra and have the back of the card colored and it has a place to write in an appointment I have with someone as well as step by step directions on how to shop my website and outlet.

Melissa78 said:
I use the same exact ones as Deb but I did my layout different. I love them and they are even nicer done on high gloss stock. I get them when I get the free offer for premium with gloss stock. I pay extra and have the back of the card colored and it has a place to write in an appointment I have with someone as well as step by step directions on how to shop my website and outlet.

Let's see it!

Mine has an apron on it. Here's what I've done and what I had them put on the back too.

I've updated them now to have my current preferred email address but it gives you the idea. If you like mine or Debbies you can call Vista Print CS while online and they can find it for you - just give them my (her) name.

Attachments

• vistaprint cards ordered070221.doc
    269 KB · Views: 673
Thank you all for your posts! I'm mooching information because I don't yet know how to post to ask a question! I've been wondering for quite some time now if vistaprint is ok and the guidelines with using the logo they provided to us

BethCooks4U said:
Mine has an apron on it. Here's what I've done and what I had them put on the back too.

:thumbup: very nice!!
Hey Greg.....we really need a like button:D

Should I add my consultant number on my business card?

What is the importance of having a logo on business cards?

Having a logo on your business cards helps to create a strong visual identity for your brand. It makes your business more memorable and helps to differentiate it from competitors.

Can I use my existing logo on my business cards?

Yes, you can use your existing logo on your business cards. However, it's important to make sure the logo is in high resolution and can be resized to fit on a small space without losing its quality.

What file format should my logo be in for business cards?

The best file format for a logo on business cards is a vector file, such as .ai or .eps. This ensures that the logo can be resized without losing quality and will look sharp and professional on your business cards.

How big should my logo be on my business cards?

The size of your logo on your business cards will depend on the overall design and layout. However, as a general rule, the logo should not take up more than 25% of the card's total space.

Do I need to hire a professional designer to help with my logo on business cards?

While it's not necessary to hire a professional designer, it can be beneficial to ensure that your logo is high-quality and properly sized for your business cards. If you're not confident in your design skills, it may be worth investing in professional help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • amgreen66
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • J.Corley