• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Custom Logo Wear with Iron Ons

In summary, it is not against policy to use Iron Ons to make your own Logo Wear, as long as you do it yourself and do not take the logo to a local t-shirt place to have it done.
Amyskitchen2
Does anyone know if it is against any policy to use Iron Ons to make my own Logo Wear?

I suffer from an unusual body shape (lol) and all of the Merrill products I have tried don't fit properly, so I was thinking that if we can print the images for business cards and such maybe I could make my own shirts. TIA

Technically, we aren't allowed to print our own business cards or other forms of advertising using the logo or The Pampered Chef name (per the consultant policy guide). Not saying people don't do it, however. I can't see how you'd get caught though..

I hear ya Amy.. I'm not saying I have an answer.. just that you aren't alone!

You can print off the authorized logo if you do it yourself. If you utilize Vista print for business cards or a screenprinter to make logowear, then that's not allowed.

I suffer from an unusual body shape . . .
I'm with ya, sister. ;)We are allowed to use the logo for anything we make ourselves. What we are not allowed to do is have something made by someone else using the logo. So, if you're doing the iron-on thing with your own computer you're good. If you're taking the logo to the local t-shirt place to have it done, you're in violation of policy.

Hubby got me a logo wear hoodie sweatshirt!!!! I love it only wish it were a tad larger!!
Have to say though that I wish PC would have put an extra 2 inches on the chain of the necklace for reaching 15,000 in sales.....I am average size and I feel like I'm being choked...LOL!! I so wanted the whisk!!! and they switched to the Chef hat :(

cookingwithdawn said:
Hubby got me a logo wear hoodie sweatshirt!!!! I love it only wish it were a tad larger!!
Have to say though that I wish PC would have put an extra 2 inches on the chain of the necklace for reaching 15,000 in sales.....I am average size and I feel like I'm being choked...LOL!! I so wanted the whisk!!! and they switched to the Chef hat :(

I'd trade you but my whisk is tarnished, you'd have to clean it! :)

cookingwithdawn said:

I have the hat and love it but I know some local consultants that would trade with you!! LOL

What brand of iron on transfers have any of you used and had good success with? How do you wash/dry anything with the iron on transfer?

I don't know brands, but I did use an iron on transfer a few years ago to make a shirt for my team that was participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. We washed and dried like normal, but it did not hold up as well as other shirts that were professionally made.

I have used HP transfer paper for other projects with good results. I usually wash items inside out on delicate setting with cold water and hang dry. If you don't want to hang dry, make sure item is inside out and dry on low heat setting.

I would trade whisk for hat.. if there are any takers.

I use any brand that is on sale. I use iron-on for my DD shirts. I wash inside out gentle cycle cold water, and line dry. Have not had any issues and some have been passed down tomy youngest.

raebates said:
I'm with ya, sister. ;)

We are allowed to use the logo for anything we make ourselves. What we are not allowed to do is have something made by someone else using the logo. So, if you're doing the iron-on thing with your own computer you're good. If you're taking the logo to the local t-shirt place to have it done, you're in violation of policy.

So, if my best friend has her very own embroidery machine, and she's not a business (she just has it for fun!), If I ask her to do a few shirts for me, and she doesn't charge me for it, then I should be ok, correct?

AND, what if you own an embroidery biz? Hmmmm?

[/QUOTE]We are allowed to use the logo for anything we make ourselves. What we are not allowed to do is have something made by someone else using the logo. So, if you're doing the iron-on thing with your own computer you're good. If you're taking the logo to the local t-shirt place to have it done, you're in violation of policy.[/QUOTE]

Where is this stated in the policy guide? I looked but couldn't find it.

What is the process for creating custom logo wear with iron ons?

The process for creating custom logo wear with iron ons involves the following steps:

1. Choose a design: Start by selecting the design or logo that you want to be printed on your clothing.
  2. Choose your material: Next, choose the type of material you want to print on, such as t-shirts, hats, or jackets.
  3. Print the design: Using a special iron-on transfer paper, print the design onto the paper.
  4. Prepare the surface: Before ironing on the design, make sure the surface of the clothing is clean and free of wrinkles.
  5. Iron on the design: Place the transfer paper with the design facing down onto the clothing and iron over it according to the instructions.
  6. Peel off the paper: Once the design has been transferred, peel off the paper to reveal your custom logo wear.

What types of materials can I use for creating custom logo wear with iron ons?

You can use a variety of materials for creating custom logo wear with iron ons, including cotton, polyester, spandex, and blends of these fabrics. However, it is important to check the instructions on the transfer paper to make sure it is suitable for the material you are using.

Can I use any design or logo for creating custom logo wear with iron ons?

Yes, you can use any design or logo for creating custom logo wear with iron ons. However, it is important to keep in mind that the design needs to be in a digital format and should not be too intricate or have small details as they may not transfer well onto the clothing.

Are iron on transfers permanent?

Iron on transfers are not considered permanent as they can fade or peel off over time with frequent washing and wearing. However, with proper care and following the instructions, they can last for a long time.

Can I apply iron on transfers to any part of the clothing?

You can apply iron on transfers to most parts of the clothing, such as the front, back, or sleeves. However, it is recommended to avoid applying them to areas that may stretch or crease, such as the collar or waistband.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • speedychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • sweetkj