• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make Cooking with Kids Easier and Fun?

In summary, to get your kids interested in helping in the kitchen, involve them in meal planning by letting them choose a recipe or ingredient. For age-appropriate tasks, younger kids can wash fruits and vegetables and stir ingredients, while older kids can measure, cut, and follow recipes. To make cooking fun, turn it into a game or let them decorate their dishes. Ensure their safety by supervising them, teaching basic safety rules, and keeping dangerous items out of reach. Some easy recipes for kids to make include homemade pizzas, tacos, sandwiches, smoothies, and simple snacks like fruit kebabs and no-bake energy bites.
babyicebean
Sounds a bit like I am infested.

In the UK we have nothing like this at all.Is there someone here who has done this type of show and would be prepared to mail me a basic rundown of how its done as I need to condense something down into a bitesize chunk as I am booked for a pregnancy through preschool to starting school show and they are trying to get more child friendly stuff going on as there is a lot of pregnancy and baby stuff about and not a lot else.

HELP!!!!

I don't quite understand your question. Are you just wondering how someone does a Cooking class with kids? if so, check out this thread (Kids Cooking Class Email). There are alot of ideas and a few documents that might help get you started or give you some ideas. I don't know how different things are between US and UK, but I'm sure you can modify where needed.Hope that helps. I myself am going to try to add this into my themes offered, so I can't offer any practical experience yet.
Good luck!

I just sent you a PM with the details of what I do.

PCChefJane,
Can you send me the same please? Thanks in advance if you can do this for me!

I have PM'd you too as am in the UK and have just started doing 'kid orientated' cooking shows!

1. How can I get my kids interested in helping in the kitchen?

One way to get your kids interested is by involving them in meal planning. Let them choose a recipe or ingredient they want to try and have them help with the shopping and preparation.

2. What are some age-appropriate tasks for kids in the kitchen?

Younger children can help with simple tasks like washing fruits and vegetables, stirring ingredients, and setting the table. Older kids can assist with measuring ingredients, cutting and chopping (under adult supervision), and following recipes.

3. How can I make cooking fun for my kids?

Make cooking a game by having your kids help you find ingredients in the kitchen or by creating a theme for your meal. You can also let them decorate their own dishes or create fun shapes with their food.

4. How can I ensure my kids are safe in the kitchen?

Always supervise your kids in the kitchen and teach them basic safety rules like washing their hands before handling food, using oven mitts when handling hot dishes, and staying away from sharp objects. Also, make sure to store dangerous items, such as knives and cleaning products, out of reach.

5. What are some easy recipes for kids to make?

Some easy and kid-friendly recipes include homemade pizzas, tacos, sandwiches, and smoothies. You can also involve your kids in making simple snacks like fruit kebabs, homemade granola bars, and no-bake energy bites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
Replies