• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With a Cooking Show in the Park

In summary, the hostess is having a family and friend BBQ and they are looking for a sales representative. The hostess has decided not to prepare a recipe, but to instead put out recruiting information, bridal registry, monthly specials, etc. There will be a contest for people who spend over $50 or $75. There will also be a free cooking show.
Dawn4
Gold Member
I know I mentioned this some time ago when I was initially asked to do this show, but I want some additional advice.

I have a show on Saturday afternoon that is in a local park. The hostess has a family and friend bbq every year. I'm going to set up a table at this bbq. I was very hesitant to do this at first and I figured who brings money or their checkbook to an event like this, but when I declined the hostess got very upset and said that they do this type of thing every year and last year the PartyLite girl made a killing. With that in mind, I decided I would go ahead with it.

I have decided that I wasn't going to prepare a recipe but instead I would treat it like a fair. I'm going to put out my recruiting info, bridal registry, monthly specials, etc. I will have garlic for the press and broccoli for the food chopper... just different things for them to try. I thought maybe I would have a contest for anyone who spent over $50 or $75. I thought I would give them a balloon with a piece of paper inside that has a prize written on it. I was thinking I would have a free cooking show in one, bamboo spoons, a SBCB.

Does anyone have any other ideas for me???

That sounds like a good idea.

How about having a sample to taste of something made with Pantry items? Like Southwestern Dip and beer bread. You can put the dip in the Chillzanne mini bowl to keep it cold and covered.

That's a good idea. I'll have one or two recipes made already and bring them with me. Great!!!

I just recently did a show, last minute, at a campground. I was a little skeptical because I was on vacation and it was just that...vacation. Any way, I also chose not to make a recipe. We made a raspberry lemonade spritzer in the quick stir pitcher so people could use it. I decided to make it a mystery host show. I gave tickets out for a drawing; 1 for showing up, 1 for an order, 1 for order over $25, etc.... any ways it worked out well and we did a last minute show totalling over $450 in commisionable sales! Not too bad for little to no work. I think your idea of garlic for the press and other things to let them to try the products is a good idea...Good Luck!

Thanks. I figure I really had nothing going on that day anyway, so what do I have to lose?? If I can make a few bucks while hanging out in the park, why not.

I remember your previous post about this party, and the wildly varying opinions there were (all of which made sense). Now that we know that the family expects there to be a sales rep, that changes everything. :)

good luck!

chefann said:
I remember your previous post about this party, and the wildly varying opinions there were (all of which made sense). Now that we know that the family expects there to be a sales rep, that changes everything. :)

good luck!

That's what I thought. I was really on the fence about it in the beginning. I didn't want to do it. Especially after my previous post and all the negative feedback I got. I called and told her I wasn't going to do it and she got really upset and explained the situation a little further to me. I've decided to go. I'm not expecting anything, and if I come out with a few sales I'll be happy.

1. How do I book a cooking show in the park with Pampered Chef?

To book a cooking show in the park, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will be able to assist you in scheduling and organizing the details of your event.

2. What is included in a cooking show in the park with Pampered Chef?

A cooking show in the park with Pampered Chef includes a live cooking demonstration, product samples, and the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef products at discounted prices. Your consultant will also provide all necessary cooking equipment and supplies.

3. Can I choose the menu for my cooking show in the park?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to customize the menu for your cooking show in the park. Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes to choose from, or you can request to feature a specific dish or theme.

4. How many people can attend a cooking show in the park?

The number of attendees for a cooking show in the park may vary, but typically it can accommodate a group of 10-20 people. If you have a larger group, your consultant may be able to make accommodations or suggest alternative options.

5. Are there any fees associated with hosting a cooking show in the park?

No, there are no fees associated with hosting a cooking show in the park with Pampered Chef. It is a complimentary service provided by our consultants. However, if you choose to purchase any products during the show, there will be a cost for those items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCwannabe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies