• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! What Can I Do with Turnips?

In summary, there are several ways to prepare turnips, including boiling and mashing with carrots, roasting with other root vegetables, and making them into fries or adding them to soups and stews. A Pampered Chef consultant suggests roasting them with honey and thyme or using them in place of potatoes in mashed potato recipes. These options are sure to please any turnip-loving stepdad.
AJPratt
Silver Member
My stepdad loves turnips and I have NO idead what to do with them, or if I ever had one. Any suggestions?

turnipa really easy thing to do is cook carrots and turnip together (boil in water) and then mash them with butter and salt and pepper. the carrots help to sweeten the turnips and they are so tasty!! you can also roast them - make a root vegetable medley with parsnips, turnip, butternut squash - yummy!!

jcwarr said:
a really easy thing to do is cook carrots and turnip together (boil in water) and then mash them with butter and salt and pepper. the carrots help to sweeten the turnips and they are so tasty!! you can also roast them - make a root vegetable medley with parsnips, turnip, butternut squash - yummy!!

Sprinkle them with some olive oil and our Rosemary Herb seasoning and they are super yummy!

I've cut some and included in turkey noodle soup for the day after, or you can dice them with some tiny cauliflower florets , pop in microcooker and just a little butter on top for a great side dish.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have plenty of ideas for cooking with turnips. One of my favorite recipes is roasted turnips with honey and thyme. Simply peel and chop the turnips, toss them in a mixture of honey, olive oil, and thyme, and roast them in the oven until they are tender and caramelized. Another delicious option is to make turnip fries by slicing them into thin strips, coating them in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper, and baking them in the oven until crispy. You can also add turnips to soups, stews, or even mashed potatoes for a unique twist. I hope these suggestions help and that your stepdad enjoys his turnip dishes!

1. Can I use turnips in place of potatoes in recipes?

Yes, turnips can be used as a substitute for potatoes in many recipes. They have a similar texture and can be mashed, roasted, or used in soups and stews.

2. How do I prepare turnips for cooking?

To prepare turnips, wash them thoroughly and peel the skin. Then, cut them into desired sizes and shapes for your recipe.

3. What flavors pair well with turnips?

Turnips have a slightly bitter and earthy taste, so they pair well with sweet and savory flavors. Some popular flavor combinations include honey and balsamic vinegar, garlic and rosemary, and ginger and soy sauce.

4. Can I eat turnip greens?

Yes, turnip greens are edible and can be cooked just like any other leafy green vegetable. They are high in nutrients and have a slightly bitter taste.

5. How should I store turnips?

Turnips can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Remove the greens and store them separately in a plastic bag. The turnip roots should be stored in a perforated plastic bag in the vegetable crisper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missiemom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • SandiLeigh
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
Replies