• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Healthy Trifle Recipe for Your Cluster Meeting Tonight!

In summary, a person could make an angel food cake according to package directions. Then break it up into pieces. Layer it in the trifle bowl with light or fat free cool whip and fruit. In another recipe, a person could make a dirt cake. Make sure you break brownies up so that when you place them on the bottom you have a solid layer. Lastly, a person could make a grapefruit. There is one in All the Best recipe book.
ChefBurke
Silver Member

I REALLY need a EASY trifle recipe to take to my cluster meeting tonight! Sooo if anyone could give me ideas. Most of the people at the meetings try not to eat fatty foods...so something yum & healthy would be YUM!!!

You could make an Angel Food cake according to package directions. Then break it up into pieces. Layer it in the trifle bowl with light or fat free cool whip and fruit. I find that these kind of things taste better the longer they sit, so I would make it ASAP. I made one similar to this and I used strawberries and blueberries. It was really good and it would also be a good one to use at shows close to 4th of July.

thanks! But right now in my area fruit is PRICEY!!! TOO PRICEY!!! I almost thought about just making pancakes in the floral pan..LOL seems easy!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the fruit. We always have tons of blueberries in the freezer. The in-laws bring back gallons for us from Maine when they go there every year. I was thinking low-fat, but you could also do a banana pudding or a dirt cake.

Here is my Banana pudding. I mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together (sorry, I don't measure anything, probably one 8 oz pkg of cream cheese and 1/4 or 1/2 sugar to taste). Mix two small packages of French Vanilla pudding with 3 cups of milk. Mix until it starts to get thick. Fold in some cool whip (I think I use a small container of it). Mix this mixture with the cream cheese/sugar mixture. Layer in trifle bowl with the bananas and vanilla wafers.

Dirt cake: make everything the same except layer the mixture with crushed oreos. You can also throw in some valentine M & M's for color. At Easter I like to use the M & M eggs. The kids always love it.

Not Healthy but Good!!Peanut Butter Trifle
1 box brownie mix
1 c peanut butter
1 big box intant vanilla pudding
1 large tub cool whip
12 regular size Reese's PB Cups

Make a batch of brownies. Mix up package of instant vanilla pudding. Let pudding set for a few minutes in the fridge. Then combine pudding with one cup of peanut butter, and 2/3 of a container of cool whip(the big one, 12 oz I think). Chop all but 4 of the PB cups in the food chopper. Layer Brownies, then chopped PB cups, then some of the pudding mixture. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Fill EAD with rest of cool whip. Using closed star tip make small dollops on top of trifle. Cut remainig PB cups into wedges and place on top of dollops.

Make sure you break brownies up so that when you place them on the bottom you have a solid layer.

This is really a great show recipe--I've made it a million times!
I made this yesterday for my Grandfathers birthday party--it was totally decimated in 15 minutes! People were licking the bowl! LOL!

Anyone have the smashed potatoe soup they can share with me? directly? TIA [email protected]

I LOVE your avatar Chef Burke!!

Cans of fruit
ChefBurke said:
thanks! But right now in my area fruit is PRICEY!!! TOO PRICEY!!! I almost thought about just making pancakes in the floral pan..LOL seems easy!

How about cans of fruit or frozen fruit? That is usually the route we go when we want fruit but the prices are way too high.

How about bran muffins chopped up, light whipped cream, and some raisins or apple slices or something you can buy cheap?

FAT FREE JELLO, and light whipped cream is so good and cheap!!!

FAT FREE pudding, and light whipped cream.

I'm getting hungry! :p

Debbie :D

Last edited:
mmmmm....I would kill someone for a grapefruit right now!!

There is one in All the Best recipe book

1 frozen prepared pund cake
2 lemons
1 1/2 C milk
1 (8 oz) sour cream
1 (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 pkg (3.4 oz) Lemon instant pudding
1 pint blueberries (you can find these frozen, then defrost them)
1 sq (1 oz) white chocolate for baking

Cut cake into 1" cubes. place in Colander Bowl. Zest lemon, set aside. Juice same lemon. Sprinkle lemon juice over cake, toss gently.

In C. Batter Bowl, combine milk, sourcream, half whipped topping and reserved lemon zest; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk until it thinckens.

Set aside 10 blueberries for garnish. Assemble trifle by placing one third of the cake into bottom of bowl. Top w/ one third of the berries. Using DCG, grate on fourth of the chocolate over berries. Top w/ one third of the pudding mixture, spread evenly. Reserve remaining choc. for garnish.

Attach open star tip to EAD, fill w/ remaining whipped topping. Pipe 10 rosettes around edge of serving bowl. Score remaining lemon lengthwise using LZ/S; slice lemon into 5 -1/4" slices. Cut each slice half and place between rosettes. Place one reserved blueberry on each rosette. Grate remaining chocloate in center. refrigerate.

HTH

Watermelon
gilliandanielle said:
mmmmm....I would kill someone for a grapefruit right now!!

I would kill someone for a sweet seedless watermelon!!

I have a watermelon "thing" too Debbie!! We most both be having girls!

A Girl!!
gilliandanielle said:
I have a watermelon "thing" too Debbie!! We most both be having girls!

I do want another girl. :p

With my daughter all I wanted ws salad and fruit. With my son it was anything salty I could get my paws on. This time I am back at the salad and fruit... we will find out in 2 weeks!!

I craved lemons and strawberries when I was pregnant, but I had a boy! They say you crave what your body is lacking. Maybe just some vitamin C? Silly question, but are grapefruits hard to come by in Alaska? Are they expensive?

I'd love some watermelon right now too and boy I am not pregnant!

Can't wait to get my trifle bowl! They are so much fun!

1. Can I substitute the cake in the trifle recipe with a different type of cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake that you prefer for your trifle recipe. Just make sure to cut it into small cubes before layering it in the trifle dish.

2. Do I have to use all of the ingredients listed in the trifle recipe?

No, you can customize the trifle recipe to your liking. You can omit or add any ingredients you prefer, just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly.

3. Can I make the trifle recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the trifle ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. However, it is best to add the whipped cream and toppings right before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.

4. Is there a way to make the trifle recipe healthier?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to make the trifle recipe healthier. You can use low-fat or fat-free ingredients, such as yogurt instead of cream cheese, and fresh fruit instead of canned fruit.

5. Can I use a different type of alcohol in the trifle recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of alcohol that complements the flavors in the trifle. Some popular options include rum, amaretto, and brandy. Just make sure to use it in moderation and adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • Joybelz
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies