• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Preparing Jayme for a Feb Event

In summary, the host has been booked and does not know what will happen. The chef suggests telling her that they are working together and that over-inviting is great. They should also send her a guest list.
Jayme
I have a host that has booked for the end of Feb. She doesn't know what goes on. I am supposed to email her but I didn't want it to be too lengthly. What do any of you suggest that I tell her ?? Also I have been playing phonetag with her so it isn't easy to just talk to her that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jayme :chef:
NC
/jaymeskitchen

Jayme: Do you mail the invites for your hosts or do you let them do that?

Clueless hostI haven't yet. I am wondering if I should with this host. Do you and is it worth it ?? How far out do you send them from the show date ?? :confused:

NC
/jaymeskitchen

Jayme: I would let her know that you are working as a team with her. And depending on if you mail the invites or if she does then let her know that that will be the first thing she will need to do. Let her know that over-inviting is GREAT! Explain to her that less than 1/2 usually attend. (I usually mail the invites out for my hosts, so I tell them that I will be their personal secretary. I also do the reminder calls for them also. So I can tell everyone at the shows that having a Pampered Chef Show is one of the easiest shows you will ever have.) I wouldn't give her too much info. to begin with. After she or you get the invites mailed out, then I would touch base with her again to go over more with her and ask her if she has any questions.

Send her one e-mail with just three important things, or maybe just one at a time. Ask her to please reply right away so you know she read it. Also ask her to let her know if she has questions. Ask her clarifying questions on each e-mail so you know she understands.
Definitely get her guest list with phone numbers. Tell her you put them in your P3 program ahead of time so you don't have to spend time doing it at the show. Do this even if she sends her own invites.

I send them out 1 and 1/2 weeks out. If you send them out too early, then the invites get lost on the counter, covered by other mail.

Jayme said:
I haven't yet. I am wondering if I should with this host. Do you and is it worth it ?? How far out do you send them from the show date ?? :confused:

NC
/jaymeskitchen
I send mine out exactly two weeks before the show. It's worth it for many reasons. I put an RSVP by date and offer a gift if guests do so by the date.

To me, I think that sending the invites out myself are worth it. I ask the host to reimburse me at the end of her show when I close it out. If you send out the invites yourself, you know how many went out and about how many you should expect.

I also send out the invites. It is worth it. I offer a small prize if they return the guest list to me by a certain date with 40 names on it. Everyone loves FREE! Really play up the 12 buying guests FREEBIE, too!

I had a booking from a show on Sat. afternoon, & sent her the e-mail Saturday night. First time I had included a "helper list" bc she told me she didn't know very many people. I told her to try to think of 5 people from each of the following categories: Friends, family, Church, Co-workers, People you know through your kids (teachers, coaches, etc), people you know through your spouse, people you do business with (bank, grocery, post office), & parents of your children's friends. Within 30 minutes:eek: , she replied that she had already sent out 25 e-vites through the website, and wanted to know if they would count towards her 40 names. By last night, she had returned the mail-out list with an additional 15 names on it!!

Helper List will now be standard in my request for guest lists!!:D

JAE said:
I send mine out exactly two weeks before the show. It's worth it for many reasons. I put an RSVP by date and offer a gift if guests do so by the date.

For those gifts what are you talking about giving ??
Also do you give your host something for getting her list of people to you by a certain date ??

how far out do you send the host packet and what is in it ??

No gift for the host who gives me the list by the date. I'm working on how to get my list in a timely manner. So far it's only been a problem with one host. After she blew me off for two show dates, I blew her off forever!
I give a recipe card to guests who RSVP on time. I don't really care if they remember for sure what date they called. I have the ones for this F/W season that HO made available to us, and ChefBeckyD sent me a couple of packs from a different season. I think they cost me $1 a pack and I purchased them at conference.

Jayme said:
I usually give mine out at the show that they booked from. If not, I usually send them out the next day after I speak to them and get a date booked. :)

what does it cost to send out an invite ??

Jayme said:
Do you mean how far ahead of time do we send the packet? I send it as soon as I have the guest list. I include a letter with the information the host needs to know for a successful show (how to add orders, what is in the packet and how to use those things, etc.) The address labels are in packets given at the shows. Those are on top of everything under the letter because they are most important. One copy of the host and guest special (in black and white) and three copies of the outside order form, the show planning flyer and three catalogs. I know everyone does it different, but in my opinion, less is best. I'm overwhelmed with too much information and paper. I don't want to overwhelm my hosts.

Jayme: I give out prizes for those who have brought friends. I don't have alot of money to be able to give something out to everyone who RSVP's. Then I play a couple of games and give out additional prizes there. And one of them, they do get points for RSVPing, etc.

Jayme said:
26 cents if it's a postcard.

Jayme said:
$.26. The cost of postage for a postcard.

when you do the invites do you hand write or use the computer ??

I use my computer. I have terrible handwriting, and I also print the address labels using Avery 8160's.

Jayme said:

I agree with JAE - less is best. But here is what I have in my host packets:

5 outside order forms
2 catalogs - I mostly book at shows - so figure they already have their own copy.
Recruiting Brochure from PC
Guest List form
50 guests in 5 minutes sheet
Show Planner
Host Letter
5-7 postcard invitations for them to use

Attachments

• CO - 50 GUESTS IN 5 MINUTES.doc
    85 KB · Views: 293
  • CO - Guest List.doc
    84.5 KB · Views: 312
  • CO - Host Letter revised(3).doc
    77 KB · Views: 248
  • CO - Show Planner Form.doc
    80 KB · Views: 224
pamperedtara said:
I had a booking from a show on Sat. afternoon, & sent her the e-mail Saturday night. First time I had included a "helper list" bc she told me she didn't know very many people. I told her to try to think of 5 people from each of the following categories: Friends, family, Church, Co-workers, People you know through your kids (teachers, coaches, etc), people you know through your spouse, people you do business with (bank, grocery, post office), & parents of your children's friends. Within 30 minutes:eek: , she replied that she had already sent out 25 e-vites through the website, and wanted to know if they would count towards her 40 names. By last night, she had returned the mail-out list with an additional 15 names on it!!

Helper List will now be standard in my request for guest lists!!:D

Do you have a flier for the "helper list" or just type it out ??

Jayme said:
Do you have a flier for the "helper list" or just type it out ??

Jayme - I think my 50 guests in 5 minutes flyer is very similar to what she is talking about.

My computer is old and will not open the template files - so I have to handwrite mine. No big deal. Although, it would be easier to hit a button and they are done.

ChefBeckyD said:
Jayme - I think my 50 guests in 5 minutes flyer is very similar to what she is talking about.

It is very similar - I just kind of rattled those off as I was typing since she said she didn't know many people. Don Funt had us do a similar exercise at Leadership & it stuck in my head!!

Related to Help Preparing Jayme for a Feb Event

What is the best way to prepare Jayme for the February event?

The best way to prepare Jayme for the February event is to make sure she has all the necessary tools and ingredients for her recipes, practice her demonstration beforehand, and have a well-organized and clean workstation.

What recipes should Jayme focus on for the February event?

Jayme should focus on recipes that are easy to prepare, visually appealing, and showcase the products she is promoting. It's also a good idea to include a variety of dishes, such as appetizers, main courses, and desserts.

How can Jayme engage the audience during her demonstration at the February event?

Jayme can engage the audience by asking for volunteers to help with the demonstration, sharing personal stories or tips about the products, and encouraging questions and comments from the audience.

What should Jayme wear for the February event?

Jayme should dress professionally and comfortably for the event. She can wear the Pampered Chef apron and a coordinating outfit that represents the brand well.

What other materials should Jayme bring to the February event?

In addition to the products, ingredients, and demonstration materials, Jayme should bring business cards, order forms, and any promotional materials or special offers to share with the audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Jayme
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies