• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aDifficult Host...what Do I Do ?????

In summary, Jayme contacted the host multiple times and never received a response. The host closed the show without notifying the host.
Jayme
I had a show last Saturday Jan 12, 2008. The entire time before the show I couldn't get a hold of her. She works third shift. She didn't return phone calls or emails. Before the show she handed me back the invites and said "here are these back since I couldn't use them since I got them so late." Well I thought maybe if you would call me back or email me then maybe you would have got your Host Packet sooner. She wanted to get all the Cranberry stones for $50 When I left her show last week it was barely over $300. She stated to me that she would make up the difference. She wanted the stoneware pretty badly. She also wanted the show left open till today (which I don't normally leave open that long). I had been getting emails (NO CALLS) yesterday. I mentioned to her that I would call between 1-3 today to close. I have called her at least 3 times and nothing. The phone number that I have it seems to be a cell phone. My Darling Husband found what we think is her number in the phonebook. Do I call that number or just wait and see if she calls me. Oh another thing is that she is leaving this week for FL.

Help what do I do??? :cry: :confused:

Sorry so long

Jayme
Independent Consultant
NC

leave a message on her cell and let her know that you will be closing her show no later than tomorrow afternoon at (pick a time). If you don't hear from her you will pick out her products for her. Tnank her sweetly for hosting a show, but don't back down. When you close her show, if you have to, pick out as many stones as you can.

The problem with that is that she owns me almost $200 (her guests wrote their checks out to her not me). I already have one person that is talking about pulling her order from that show. She will place in on another show I have on Tuesday. I left 2 to 3 messages and I don't want to come across as pushy. But I am to the point where enough is enough. I didn't get any bookings off this show so I guess that is a blessing so I don't have to deal with her again if I don't want to.

Jayme
Independent Consultant
NC

I don't agree with closing a show without the hosts knowledge! It hasn't been that long since you've heard from her. Did you ever ask what a good time was to call her? You have until the end of next month to submit the show to get the specials. Keep trying to call her. If you close to the middle of next month, then you can start with the "I'll close your show for you" messages.

Yes and she never has given me a time and I even told her call me. I got an email this morning from her why did shw not call me then instead emailing me. I would like to close so her guests can get their product. I guess I will go back to closing the show no later than 3 to 5 days.

It has been a week, but there isn't a deadline that you need to close by until Jan. 31. That's always my deadline if I've already missed the first half of the month. Just give her more time. I'm assuming she wants to close before she leaves, and she will call you before she does. Maybe she really is trying to get more orders.

Jae, I understand what you are saying, But do you think it is fair for the people who attended the show to wait weeks for their products?

I got a email from her and she sent me her mom's order with no name phone# or address. She did state that she is wanting all the cranberry stones for $50 for her suff. Has any one done that if so how ?? What stones do I place for the 1/2 priced items. I just called her and left another message and then called both me Director and Hospitallity (SP) director and got no answer there too. :cry:

:confused:

No, I don't think it's fair to make the guests wait, but they were her guests. If someone wants to cancel their order, make sure they understand that you are very sorry that the host isn't closing the show.
There is a thread on here about getting the cranberry stoneware for the great price. That's only with a $500 show. I'll look for it, but you can also do a search.

Thank you guys. I got emails from the host and am now waiting for the payment ?? I am hoping that I can close tonight and submit. :D I love this website has been very helpful on more than one occasion. Thanks again !!!

Related to aDifficult Host...what Do I Do ?????

What are the reasons for a difficult host?

There could be various reasons for a difficult host, such as personality conflicts, financial concerns, or lack of communication.

How can I handle a difficult host?

First, try to understand the root cause of their behavior. Then, communicate openly and calmly with the host to address their concerns and find a solution that works for both parties.

What if the host refuses to cooperate?

If the host continues to be uncooperative, involve your supervisor or a higher authority to help mediate the situation and come to a resolution.

Should I cancel the event if the host is being difficult?

Cancelling the event should be a last resort, as it can cause disappointment for other guests and affect your business. Try to work through the difficulties and find a compromise.

What are some tips for preventing difficult hosts in the future?

Establish clear expectations and boundaries from the beginning, have open communication with the host throughout the planning process, and be prepared to handle any conflicts that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • melaniepc