• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Handle a Disappearing Event Host?

In summary, the host's last day of work was on Sunday. She and the person working with her talked about PC for a long time, and it sounds like she wants to come in and work with her. However, the host's party is tomorrow and she can't get a hold of the host. She's tried calling, texting, emailing, and leaving a note for the host on her Facebook wall. The host
Jessamary
I have a host who's been very hard to track down. She and I worked together and she wanted to do a show. My last day of work, she and I talked about PC in length, and it sounds like she wants to come in! Awesome!

Except...

Her party is tomorrow and I can't get a hold of her! I've tried calling, texting, emailing, leaving a note for her on her wall on Facebook. I don't know what we're making (last I talked to her was on Sunday...and she was deciding) so I don't know what to send her for a grocery list. She's at a family reunion today and her show is at 6 tomorrow night!

I offered to send her invitations, and she wanted to take care of it. She texted people instead of sending invitations. I asked for email address so I could send a reminder through the PWS. She told me to email her what I wanted sent because it was easier for her to do it through Outlook on her computer.

I know the apartment complex she lives in, but not sure of the building.

What do you all think...what's my next step? It doesn't sound like this is going to happen...but I don't know for sure!

this may not help, but i would guess ll you can do is keep trying. and try to relay as best as possible the urgency to talk to her. if nothing else she needs to let you know if you are still on, and if you are what you are making. at this point i would probably let them know if they want to cancel to just say so. i would rather know... i hope that was helpful...

I would leave a message saying " Hi ____" we have your show scheduled for tomorrow at 6, I've decided to make x and will be there at 5 pm. If anything has changed please call me as soon as possible. I think with her thinking you are going to show up at her doorstep she will see it necessary to call.

Normally, I'd say show up anyway, but if you don't know where she lives, that won't work!
I guess...be packed and ready to go, but what else can you do?

Some of the apartment complexes around here, it would be impossible to find someone when there's 15 buildings, each with 10 units.

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your host. It can definitely be frustrating when communication is a challenge. My suggestion would be to reach out to her one more time, either through a phone call or email, and let her know that you need to finalize the grocery list and details for her show. If you still don't hear back from her, you could try reaching out to some of the guests she invited directly and see if they have any information or can help get in touch with your host. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case she doesn't show up for the party, such as bringing some extra products or recipes to share. I hope everything works out and your show is a success! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Related to How Do You Handle a Disappearing Event Host?

1. How can I handle a difficult host if I am hosting a Pampered Chef show tomorrow?

First, try to understand the reason behind the host's behavior. Are they stressed, unorganized, or simply not interested? Once you have an idea, tailor your approach accordingly. If they are stressed, offer to help with preparations. If they are unorganized, gently remind them of the benefits of a well-planned show. If they are not interested, focus on the fun and social aspect of the show rather than the sales.

2. What if the host is not responding to my calls or messages?

Make sure to use various forms of communication such as phone calls, text messages, and emails. If they still do not respond, consider reaching out to a mutual friend or family member who may have a closer relationship with the host. If all else fails, try to find a backup host or reschedule the show for a later date.

3. How can I encourage a difficult host to invite more guests?

Emphasize the benefits of having a larger group, such as earning more free products and having a more energetic and fun atmosphere. Offer to help the host create a guest list and provide them with invitations to make the process easier. You can also offer to do a social media promotion to reach a wider audience.

4. What if the host is not happy with the products they received?

Remind the host of Pampered Chef's satisfaction guarantee and offer to exchange or refund any products they are not satisfied with. If they are hesitant to make a claim, offer to demonstrate the products again during the show and address any concerns they may have.

5. How can I make the most of a difficult host's show?

Focus on building relationships with the guests and creating a fun and interactive environment. Encourage the host to participate in demonstrations and games to keep the energy up. Also, be prepared to handle any objections or concerns from guests and be flexible with your sales approach to accommodate the host's preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies