• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Hospitality Director!

In summary, this person is looking for a hospitality director, but is having trouble finding one. They have trouble understanding the presenter and attending their own meetings.
jennifer
Hi Everyone!

I am looking for a hospitality director for one of my sister Directors who has a consultant near Burlington, IA. Anyone know of anyone in that area???

Call HO I'm sure they can help with this.

We have called HO they keep giving us the same person that is a director but does not hold meetings.

Have you told HO that?

There has go to be more then 1 director in that area.

Yep! She has told HO that and they keep telling her call back in 24 hrs. Each time she waits to call back they give her the same person everytime. She told them that this person does not hold meetings. Thats Why I was hoping this site would give us some help. :)

That sucks. I'm sure you will find someone from here.

Did you check the consultants directory on this site and get in touch with someone there to find out where they go for meetings?

jennifer said:
Hi Everyone!

I am looking for a hospitality director for one of my sister Directors who has a consultant near Burlington, IA. Anyone know of anyone in that area???

Hey, I just saw your post! I am in Clinton, IA. I am NOT a Director, but my AD is in DeWitt, IA and holds monthly meetings. Our next meeting is actually tomorrow night. DeWitt would probably be about an hour trip for your friend. However, my AD's director is Venita Pritchard and she is in Davenport and has been with the company for a really long time (and that wouldn't be too far). You can email me privately or have your consultant email me and I would be happy to help her find hospitality in the area. There are lots of us cheffers here in Eastern Iowa! :D [email protected]
Hope I can help!

I hope you can find someone who holds meetings... and if you don't mind will you let me know? My hometown is actually a town about 15 min. from Burlington and I'll be going back there soon!

I am having the same problem with HO. I need a hospitality director for myself....I am in Illinois, director is in Minnesota....She keeps calling HO and they give her the same name...this lady quit PC in Dec.
Good luck...it sounds like someone on this site may have found you someone quicker than HO>>>>Anyone know of a director willing to do hospitality in the southwest suburbs of Chicago? I'm in Plano....

I am near Iowa City iowa and that is where we hold our meetings. That would be a little over an hour for her to drive, but it's only once a month. Our meetings are on the 3rd Monday of every month. Please let me know if she's interested.

Dusty - I'm in Illinois too and my director has her meetings in Darien IL - it is a near southwest suburb. Would that be too far for you?

Please let me know if you want more info or details -

Val

I'm a director and when I moved from Kentucky to Georgia I called HO to find a director in this area that I could talk to, kinda get the feel for the area. I was obviously NOT looking for hospitality and told them that. A week later I received a post card in the mail telling me that I had been assigned ME as a hospitality director!!:eek:

It was SO funny. "Consultant needing hospitality...Lisa DeWees; Director requesting hospitality...Lisa DeWees; Hospitality director assigned...Lisa DeWees."!! My name appeared on the card 3 times!!

So, of course, I called myself to see how things were going! Ha ha!:D

GeorgiaPeach said:
I'm a director and when I moved from Kentucky to Georgia I called HO to find a director in this area that I could talk to, kinda get the feel for the area. I was obviously NOT looking for hospitality and told them that. A week later I received a post card in the mail telling me that I had been assigned ME as a hospitality director!!:eek:

It was SO funny. "Consultant needing hospitality...Lisa DeWees; Director requesting hospitality...Lisa DeWees; Hospitality director assigned...Lisa DeWees."!! My name appeared on the card 3 times!!

So, Lisa, how are things going? Sorry I couldn't resist and thanks for the laugh! With the howling winds here I needed something to laugh about!

pamperedharriet said:
So, Lisa, how are things going? Sorry I couldn't resist and thanks for the laugh! With the howling winds here I needed something to laugh about!

Well, the phone calls to myself went fine but attending my own meetings was a bit hard since I was the only one that showed up :eek: Of course, I didn't have to clean the house so that was nice!:D

GeorgiaPeach said:

Bahahahaha!

GeorgiaPeach said:

You crack me up!:p

rayday said:
I hope you can find someone who holds meetings... and if you don't mind will you let me know? My hometown is actually a town about 15 min. from Burlington and I'll be going back there soon!
Desiree,
You aren't under Amy Dusenberry (sp?), are you? If so, you are actually a part of my extended cluster! Amy was from the Des Moines area. Her husband is military and I know she used to live in Hawaii and recruited there. Just thought with the connection to both Hawaii and Iowa, you might know her. (I don't personally know her, just heard about her from my AD) The meetings I attend are in DeWitt, but like I said, my AD's director is in Davenport and I know she holds meetings. Email me at [email protected] and I can help get you set up with someone good. BTW- Your new picture looks so different from your old one! Love the short hair! :)

No I don't know her. I was recruited while I lived here in Hawaii by an old contact in New Jersey. My director is actually in Mass., I'm all over the place!!!

Once I get back to Iowa and set up I'll let you know!

chefjenibel said:
BTW- Your new picture looks so different from your old one! Love the short hair! :)

Thank you!!:)

What does a Hospitality Director do?

A Hospitality Director is responsible for planning and executing events, managing the guest experience, and ensuring the overall satisfaction of clients and guests.

What skills are necessary to be a successful Hospitality Director?

Some important skills for a Hospitality Director include strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.

What types of events does a Hospitality Director typically plan?

A Hospitality Director can plan a variety of events, including corporate events, weddings, parties, conferences, and more. They may also be responsible for organizing catering, transportation, and accommodations for guests.

What is the process for hiring a Hospitality Director?

The process for hiring a Hospitality Director may vary by company, but typically involves submitting a resume and cover letter, participating in one or more interviews, and possibly completing a skills assessment or providing references.

What are some common challenges that a Hospitality Director may face?

Some common challenges for a Hospitality Director include managing a budget, coordinating with multiple vendors and clients, and ensuring smooth execution of events while handling any unexpected issues that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefShalon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ghutch6