• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Fat Free Apple Pie Recipe Today!!

In summary, the pie was OK, but there is no way to make it fat free, and it would have been better with just apples and cinnamon.
jwpamp
Please! I want to make it in the Stir Fry Skillet at the Relay for Life tonight...anyone?? Thanks in advance!

Here is an Apple Cranberry pie I found on splenda.com, you could exchange some of the ingredients for fat free to make the dessert completely fat free...and of course just take out the cranberry

Apple Cranberry Pie

Makes: one (9-inch) pie (8 servings)
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 40 to 50 minutes

1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped

PREHEAT oven to 400°F.

UNFOLD 1 piecrust; press out fold lines. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions.

COMBINE SPLENDA® Granular, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl; add apples and cranberries, tossing gently. Spoon mixture into piecrust.

UNFOLD remaining piecrust; press out fold lines. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Place over filling; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.

BAKE 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden. Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack one hour before serving.

Nutrition Information per Serving

Serving Size: 1 slice

Total Calories 290

Calories from Fat 130

Total Fat 14g

Saturated Fat 6g

Cholesterol 10mg

Sodium 200mg

Total Carbohydrate 38g

Dietary Fiber 2g

Sugars 10g

Protein 2g

Exchanges per serving: 2 1/2 Fruit, 3 Fat

Sorry, but there is NO way you can make a fat free pie, unless you leave out the crust!!

That is what it is....just the apples in the skillet. I think with brown sugar? How much butter would you use to saute the apples?

But sauteing(sp?) with butter is adding A TON of Fat:(

What about just using splenda, apples and cinnamon? No butter?

you can saute..apples,cinnamon,brown sugar,a little corn syrup maybe a few finely chopped nuts for bulk...the apples should produce enough liquid that you probably wont need butter.

Yeah...I think they have splenda or nutra sweet...i of them in brown sugar as well. You could serve it on some Fat Free ice cream...:D :D :D :D :D

OK, so I did it! I did the apples with the APCS, put them in the Stir Fry Skillet (used a hot plate), added brown sugar, a little butter, a dash of vanilla, a tsp. of cinnamon and used the microplane to grate some nutmeg over the top. I used tiny plastice cups (like nut cups for a bridal shower) and frilly toothpicks to serve it. Made Sugar Free Lemonade in the Quick Stir, too.

It turned out OK! Got 3 bookings, 1 possible Wedding Registry, 2 recruit leads and $50 in orders! Not too bad for about 3 hours of work!

Related to Help! Need Fat Free Apple Pie Recipe Today!!

1. Can you recommend a specific type of apple for a fat-free apple pie?

For a fat-free apple pie, we recommend using Granny Smith apples. They have a tart flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the pie, and they hold their shape well when baked.

2. What can I use as a substitute for butter in the pie crust?

A great substitute for butter in a fat-free pie crust is unsweetened applesauce. It adds moisture and helps hold the crust together without adding any fat.

3. How do I prevent the apples from becoming mushy in the pie?

To prevent the apples from becoming mushy, make sure to slice them thinly and evenly. You can also toss them with a bit of lemon juice and cornstarch before adding them to the pie crust.

4. Can I use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe. Just make sure to check the ingredients to ensure it is fat-free or use a reduced-fat option.

5. Can I add spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to the pie filling?

Absolutely! Adding spices like cinnamon and nutmeg can enhance the flavor of your fat-free apple pie. Just be sure to use them in moderation to avoid overpowering the taste of the apples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • Dina Atnip