• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Easy Accompaniment Recipes

In summary, the expert suggests that you concentrate on one main dish and then a second, easy dish to have a "wow" moment. She suggests the Peanut Butter Cup Torte and the Greek Cheese Torta as appetizers.
sbbergstrom
Silver Member
I'm pretty new so I don't know how everyone else does their parties, but I usually try to do one main item from the Season's Best and then a second, very easy item at the end (usually the Rice Cooker Plus lava cake) to have a "WOW" moment. I'm in need of more super easy second item recipes! I've got a party coming up where I'm making the Peanut Butter Cup Torte and need something appetizer-like to go with it. HELP! Maybe I talk too much but when I do two full recipes it takes me a long time and a lot of dirty dishes. By the end they are just sitting there staring at me! Any help is much appreciated :eek:

One recipe, one recipe, one recipe.

I know you want to get the WOW thing and all, but it's too much work for you and it's too much time for your customers. The Peanut Butter Torte is wow enough. Concentrate on the torte and the products it shows.

The only time I do two recipes is in January, when it's soup and slippers shows. Chicken Alfredo soup and garlic pull aparts. That's the only exception.

It's so hard, though. If they've had parties in the past where they had more than one item (back in the good ole' days when the poor consultants had to practically make a whole meal!), they expect it. I tried to nicely talk this host down to one item since we're doing the torte but it isn't working. Unless I flat out say "NO", I don't know what else to do! I want to work with her and keep my sanity at the same time :(

Why don't you so a make ahead appetizer, like the Greek Cheese Torta? You can have it out to be eaten as you are doing your other demo, and then run through how quickly you made it at the very end.

Or a dip recipe (serve in simple addition) and make wonton chips -- wontons wrappers from the produce section, cut diagonally with the pizza cutter, spritz with a little olive oil and then bake on a stone. I *know* I have a recipe somewhere.You could also make a quick easy salsa instead of a dip to go with it (using the salad choppers).I know how you feel -- hosts in my area also expect two recipes... it was done that way for so long that they feel gyped if they get less. I've had some hosts literally want to do 4 or 5 recipes (and I'm willing, but will NOT demo more than two -- I tell them we can make it ahead of time and I might describe how we did it, but I don't do it during the show).

Thanks for the ideas :)

I tell my hosts that I will prepare one dish at their show but that they are welcome to prepare more food if they wish. Then if they do prepare extra, when I talk about booking I say somehting like "Having a show is very easy. All you need to do is buy the ingredients for one recipe, have a drink to offer and paper goods. However, if you'd like you're welcome to make extra items like Suzy did for us tonight." (Not exact quotes but you get the idea.)

Make "instant" salsa with tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, onion with Salad Shears (maybe Garlic Press).

Make nearly instant Lemonade in a Quick Stir Pitcher with 3/4 to 1 cup sugar and 3 (small) lemons sliced on V-blade of Ultimate Mandoline, right into QSP. Add water to bottom of pitcher lid, then plunge until sugar is dissolved - delicious! You can re-use the lemons with another 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar, but don't leave the lemons in the lemonade longer than about 20 minutes or it gets icky.

Make Apple Berry Salsa with pre-made cinnamon chips. See All The Best cookbook for recipe.

Bring a dessert cookie or brownie to top.

...just some ideas!

My hosts were all used to two recipes, as well. I'm slowly getting down to one most every time. I do offer the host to make whatever else they would like to serve. If you can talk the host into buying a small pork tenderloin, you can put that in the DCB as soon as guests arrive and you show them how easy it is to lightly spray, then use some spice/rub to cover and stick in the microwave while you do your real demo, usually a dessert in my area.If I do just one recipe, I try to bring an apple, pepper, or cucumber to demo some of our wedgers, knives, peelers, etc.

1. What are some easy side dish recipes for a busy weeknight?

One popular option for a quick and easy accompaniment is our Parmesan Roasted Asparagus recipe. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be ready in under 20 minutes.

2. I need a gluten-free side dish for a dinner party. Do you have any suggestions?

Our Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables is a delicious and gluten-free option that is sure to impress your dinner guests. It's also easy to make ahead of time, leaving you with more time to socialize.

3. What is a good side dish to serve with grilled chicken?

A classic Caesar salad is always a hit with grilled chicken. Our recipe uses a homemade dressing and can be made with either romaine or kale for a healthier twist.

4. I want to make a vegetable side dish that my kids will actually eat. Any suggestions?

Our Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is a kid-friendly option that sneaks in some extra veggies. It's also a great make-ahead dish for busy weeknights.

5. I need a side dish that can be made in a slow cooker. What do you recommend?

Try our Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes. They are a creamy and flavorful accompaniment to any main dish and can easily be made in a slow cooker for added convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • marystell1
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies