• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Help for Middle School Girls

In summary, a teacher is planning to teach a "Cooking quick and cheap" class at her school's annual Girl's Night Out event. She is looking for a quick and inexpensive main dish recipe to make with the middle school girls in attendance. Some suggested recipes include mini pizzas, chili cornbread bake, potato chowder, chicken tortilla casserole, turkey tetrazinni, tortellini toss, chicken fajitas, and various pizzas. Another idea is to make Oreo truffles, although it may not be the healthiest option.
iteachurkid
Silver Member
So I'm going to be teaching a "Cooking quick and cheap" class at my school's 3rd annual Girl's Night Out. My first year I did an appetizer (Touchdown Taco Dip) and then last year I did the Mexican Chicken Lasagna. In the description of my class it said we'd be making a main dish and I need it to be a cheaper meal. During the evening I'll have three different groups. The way I've done it in the past is have one made ahead of time and then had my first group make one and they ate the one I had premade, then the second group made one and they at the one my first group made, etc. I hope that makes sense. I have about 20 minutes and was hoping someone out there might have a great idea for a quick recipe that middle school girls might like. Any help is appreciated!!

What about mini pizzas, using the rolled pizza dough and slice them into discs. They can each make a few pizzas.

The new recipe for chili cornbread bake

The potato chowder

Chicken Tortilla Casserole

The Chipolte Chile Cornbread Bake is awesome, quick, cheap, and you can substitute the chipolte rub with taco seasoning and ground turkey and it is so yummy! My daughter is in 9th grade and she helped me make this and she kept saying she could not believe how easy it was to make. I bet your middle schoolers would love it!

All of the above are great....other ideas:

Turkey Tetrazinni (from Weekday Dinners-Done)
Tortellini Toss (from Weekday Dinners-Done)
The infamous 15m Chicken Fajitas
Any of our pizzas (3 cheese Garden, California Club, Spinach Alfredo)
Ham & Cheese Calzone

This is not healthy at all, but when my niece was in middle school, she helped me make Oreo Truffles one time. Then a couple weeks later, she called me for my recipe! She had some friends spending the night, and they wanted to make the Oreo Truffles. MY SIL told me that making and eating the truffles was the hit of the Slumber Party!

1. What types of recipes are recommended for middle school girls to make?

Middle school girls can make a variety of recipes, from simple snacks like fruit kebabs to more complex dishes like homemade pizza. It is important to choose recipes that are age-appropriate and require minimal use of heat or sharp objects.

2. How can I involve my middle schooler in meal planning and grocery shopping?

You can involve your middle schooler in meal planning by allowing them to choose a recipe or meal each week. You can also bring them along to the grocery store and have them help you find the necessary ingredients. This will not only teach them valuable skills, but also make them more excited to cook and eat the meal they helped plan.

3. What are some tips for teaching middle school girls basic cooking skills?

Start with simple tasks like measuring ingredients, mixing, and chopping soft fruits and vegetables. As they become more comfortable, you can introduce them to more challenging tasks like using the stove or oven. Encourage them to ask questions and be patient as they learn.

4. How can I make cooking fun and engaging for middle school girls?

You can make cooking fun and engaging by involving them in the entire process - from choosing a recipe, to shopping for ingredients, to actually cooking and plating the dish. You can also make it a fun activity by playing music or having a friendly cooking competition within the family.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when cooking with middle school girls?

Yes, it is important to establish safety rules and guidelines before cooking with middle school girls. Make sure they are aware of potential hazards, such as hot surfaces and sharp objects, and always supervise them while they are cooking. It is also important to teach them proper hand washing and food handling techniques to prevent foodborne illness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Donna Kralicek-Wolpe
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies