• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Website Orders Going to Someone Else!

In summary, the customer was trying to order a bread knife on the website and it either came up with someone else's website or the page could not be displayed. The customer said that either happened a few times in the past or recently. The customer also said that when they tried to call tech support, they were told that it was impossible for the website to be displaying on someone else's computer. The customer also said that the consultant whose order the customer's order went to is a director in a neighboring town and the customer's husband owns a computer repair company. The customer said that the mistake was not on their behalf.
Kelly8
I just got off the phone with a customer who said she has been trying for an hour to get on my website to order a bread knife. She said that either it came up that the page can't be displayed or that it came up WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S WEBSITE! That kind of makes me really mad!
I had this happen another time while a friend was ordering. She said that she was on my website and when it came time to pay, it switched to someone else's and she didn't notice it until she had already paid.Then trying to take care of it was such a pain in the butt that she just said forget it. So someone else got my order!:mad: I love the website but if my sales are going to go to someone else or it's not going to work, then maybe i don't want it!

that's no good. i just checked mine and it is up, but i can imagine how frustrated you must be. I would be pretty mad if that happened to me.

I checked mine and I got it to come up. I am not the only person actually who i have ever heard of this happening to.

I had a host call me the other day saying she was getting a website for a consultant in KY when she tried to go to mine. She wasn't online while we talked so I assumed she had a typo. Now you've got me thinking...

Becca_in_MD said:
I had a host call me the other day saying she was getting a website for a consultant in KY when she tried to go to mine. She wasn't online while we talked so I assumed she had a typo. Now you've got me thinking...

I don't know what you're website is, but in the past couple years I've had issues with mine. I kept having people call me to tell me that when they would try to look at my website, they would get a website for a consultant named Becky out on the west coast.

my website is /cookinwithbecky....I've had it since we were able to have websites. Now, there is also someone who has a website that is exactly the same except that it includes the "g".

I always wonder how many online orders I miss out on because of that....

oh no! I am cookingwithdot ... hope everyone is using the "g". :)

Mine is just /kellymonk. I have a hard time believeing that it's a typo especially when a. people have tried multiple times and b. it switches to another user well into the ordering process.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't know what you're website is, but in the past couple years I've had issues with mine. I kept having people call me to tell me that when they would try to look at my website, they would get a website for a consultant named Becky out on the west coast.

my website is /cookinwithbecky....I've had it since we were able to have websites. Now, there is also someone who has a website that is exactly the same except that it includes the "g".

I always wonder how many online orders I miss out on because of that....

It would be one thing if the orders were going to you :) If she has said MI, I would have been like "oh, that's becky." Don't know who it was in KY.

I think the more common mistake is they don't do the .biz, they try the .com.

The person in KY must be an old-timer b/c mine is /chefbecca. Got it before they put the limits on using "chef" in our website names.

Now, the system cutting over to another consultant during check-out is another problem. I hope you've called tech support.

I did call Tech Support when it happened. And they were pretty much like, nope it can't happen. So they didn't do anything about it. I know the consultant that the order went to...she is a director in a neighboring town whose name is nothing like mine. My friend and her husband own a computer repair company that is quite successful so i'm pretty sure that the mistake wasn't on their behalf.

Kelly8 said:
I did call Tech Support when it happened. And they were pretty much like, nope it can't happen. So they didn't do anything about it. I know the consultant that the order went to...she is a director in a neighboring town whose name is nothing like mine. My friend and her husband own a computer repair company that is quite successful so i'm pretty sure that the mistake wasn't on their behalf.

I really hate it when tech support (ANY of them, not just PC) have the arrogance to say that "it can't happen". Uh...hello. you are not perfect, and neither is technology. How many times has it been proven? My DH is in network engineering- and we just LOVE to call up our cable/internet companies (ours, our parents (both), etc,) when there are problems because he always gives it to them.

I'd retort "ANd can you prove it didn't?" It very well CAN happen and does. irritating....and it didn't even happen to me! :)

Yep. I've gotten the same comment from tech support. "If they're on your PWS they can't be knocked off and onto someone else's." Right. :(

So it's happened to you, too? FRUSTRATING! But nice to hear that someone has experienced it too so that i know i'm not crazy!

I think I remember reading about a similar issue a while back. From what I recall, the issue had to do with cookies. Either the person's cookies settings were too sensitive, or they had stepped away from the computer for a while between ordering and checking out.

Either way...GOOD tech support would have asked questions, done a little of ANYTHING to determine the issue- if there was one, and give some advice on possible problems- such as cookies, etc.To just say "that couldn't happen", is just lazy. And I can say that. I did various Tech Support for IT/Telecom companies for almost 15 yrs. You sometimes had to BS but it made the customer feel appreciated and important- not stupid. There were of course a few customers I just told to "pound sand" as my DH would say- but they were usually the Germans who wouldn't listen to anything I said *hehe* (In my defense, I DID troubleshoot- and found the problem, they just didn't believe me)

NooraK said:
I think I remember reading about a similar issue a while back. From what I recall, the issue had to do with cookies. Either the person's cookies settings were too sensitive, or they had stepped away from the computer for a while between ordering and checking out.

Yeah but that would make it go to someone else's website? I can see needing to restart on a consultant's page, but not go to someone else's entirely!

I had the same thing happen to one of my friends. She had everything in her cart and placed her order on my website. After it was all submitted she noticed it switched to a different consultant when she paid. VERY ANNOYING. :mad:

My friend was so upset when that happened since I didn't get credit. Now she just has me place her order so we are assured it goes thru right.

This makes me laugh my butt off! Arrogance in IT people? NEVER! They are always right without question, I should know I am one!
And I think those funky little bugger computers think for themselves! I have been in IT for 23 years and I can tell you from experience, that many a times there have been things I have seen happen that in no way shape or form should have. And I will be the first to admit that I was completely dumbfounded! As was anyone else I told! If an IT person every tells you, "nope, can't happen", you can bet it did! I have seen things that have happened and I can assure that 90% of the time, there was never a reasonable explanation for the issue nor was there a way to fix it and almost always, it never happened again! We had a server that somehow decided that it was going to delete e-mails from our user accounts. Nothing was ever set up to do this, nothing changed in the operating system on that server prior to 6 months before this, nothing unusual occurred except it went and deleted over 2000 e-mails from all users with the letter combination mbl in them. It happened on Wednesday night. Mike Bluma came in as did Mike Blansky and Mark Bloomenthal on Thursday and all their e-mails were gone. ??????????????????????? Our network guy Peter, UMCs support person, like that of PC HOs, and then he in-turn went to the servers support people. No one could answer that one. The first words out of the server support teams mouths were, "Nope, can't happen!" And never did again! Dang server! We never did find out what happened. And never will!

pampered1224 said:
This makes me laugh my butt off! Arrogance in IT people? NEVER! They are always right without question, I should know I am one!
And I think those funky little bugger computers think for themselves! I have been in IT for 23 years and I can tell you from experience, that many a times there have been things I have seen happen that in no way shape or form should have. And I will be the first to admit that I was completely dumbfounded! As was anyone else I told! If an IT person every tells you, "nope, can't happen", you can bet it did! I have seen things that have happened and I can assure that 90% of the time, there was never a reasonable explanation for the issue nor was there a way to fix it and almost always, it never happened again! We had a server that somehow decided that it was going to delete e-mails from our user accounts. Nothing was ever set up to do this, nothing changed in the operating system on that server prior to 6 months before this, nothing unusual occurred except it went and deleted over 2000 e-mails from all users with the letter combination mbl in them. It happened on Wednesday night. Mike Bluma came in as did Mike Blansky and Mark Bloomenthal on Thursday and all their e-mails were gone. ??????????????????????? Our network guy Peter, UMCs support person, like that of PC HOs, and then he in-turn went to the servers support people. No one could answer that one. The first words out of the server support teams mouths were, "Nope, can't happen!" And never did again! Dang server! We never did find out what happened. And never will!

Well, THAT makes me feel better! :D NOT!
*Yes- I can attest to a few of those high-tech goblins too, but still....I guess I just wasn't afraid to say "WTF?" with the customer on the phone! And then I'd bust my butt (or at least make it look like I did- which usually I did) to try to find the problem/answer. They at least appreciated that I tried. Not everyone can be as perfect as me though I guess :angel: *HAHA - I'm KIDDING!*

I can't believe that was the answer you were given. I mean, I believe you, but seriously? How come there are 4 or 5 people on this thread if it hasn't happened or can't happen?

Interesting...

I had a lady e-mail me this week asking when her order was going to arrive. What order?!?! I never got it. She placed it through my website for a fundraiser and said she'd put her cc in and everything. Double checked my site--no order with that name.

Called HO and talked to CS and Tech and no one could find her order. She "re-ordered" with me over the phone today.

Thankfully she called me, otherwise I'd never have gotten the sales. Wonder if this has happened before and just never been notified of it?

1. Why are my website orders going to someone else?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, check to make sure that you are logged into your own account when placing the order. If you are using a shared computer, someone else may have accidentally logged into their account. Additionally, if you have recently changed your email address or shipping address, this could also be the cause of the issue.

2. Can I change the shipping address for an order that is going to someone else?

Yes, you can change the shipping address for an order as long as it has not yet been shipped. Simply log into your account and go to your order history. From there, you can select the order in question and edit the shipping address before confirming the changes.

3. How can I prevent my website orders from going to someone else in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening again, make sure to always double check that you are logged into your own account before placing an order. If you are using a shared computer, it may be helpful to create separate accounts for each user. You can also update your account information, such as your email address and shipping address, to ensure that orders are sent to the correct recipient.

4. What should I do if my order has already been shipped to the wrong address?

If your order has already been shipped to the wrong address, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They will be able to assist you in redirecting the package to the correct address or issuing a refund if necessary.

5. Is there a way to track my order if it has been sent to the wrong address?

Yes, you can track your order using the tracking number provided in your order confirmation email. If the package has been sent to the wrong address, you may need to contact the shipping carrier to update the address or request a redirect. Our customer service team can also assist you with tracking your order and providing any necessary updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lilamyw3
  • lauriedip
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • cookingwithlove