• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My DS Crayon'd My Med. Bar Pan - Ideas?

In summary, my DS took his crayon to my med. bar pan. I haven't tried to do anything to it afraid I would make it worse. Does anyone have any ideas for this? Or should I just throw it away and order a new one?On the inside or outside of the stone? I wouldn't rush to throw it out. . .I think it can be saved.
PCSarahjm
My DS took his crayon to my med. bar pan. I haven't tried to do anything to it afraid I would make it worse. Does anyone have any ideas for this? Or should I just throw it away and order a new one?

On the inside or outside of the stone? I wouldn't rush to throw it out. . .I think it can be saved.

Here are a few thoughts that came to mind right off the bat:

-- Heat up the stone in the oven with some parchment paper over the crayon spots.
-- Iron your stone (like you would a tablecloth to get candle wax out) with a paper bag (paper towel?) over the crayon spot.

Have you checked with HO? The product department might know about this. It can't be the first time it's happened.

chefjeanine said:
On the inside or outside of the stone? I wouldn't rush to throw it out. . .I think it can be saved.

Here are a few thoughts that came to mind right off the bat:

-- Heat up the stone in the oven with some parchment paper over the crayon spots.
-- Iron your stone (like you would a tablecloth to get candle wax out) with a paper bag (paper towel?) over the crayon spot.

Its on the inside. Thanks for the tips I will have to try them.

chefann said:
Have you checked with HO? The product department might know about this. It can't be the first time it's happened.

Sarah,

Send Home Office a quick email. They may have the perfect solution. Thanks Ann!

A baking soda paste might work. It worked to get crayon off my walls.

lkprescott said:
A baking soda paste might work. It worked to get crayon off my walls.
I was thinking the same thing...get your water really hot and scrape away.

Good luck! I noticed at a show that my bamboo tongs were drawn on with crayon--luckily before anyone used them to serve their food! I would be a little more upset if my daughter would have drawn on my stone instead!

Just thought I would update. HO did email me back but didn't have an answer. So I tried a few of the suggestions here but no luck. I still use the stone, the crayon is fading but it doesn't make my food turn green!(that was the color of the crayon)

At least they are non-toxic!

How seasoned is your stone? If it's seasoned well, it should come off with really hot water. If not, do as one of the others suggested and heat it up in the oven with some parchment paper pressed over it.

Something else that may work is taking some biscuits or crescent rolls and placing them over the crayon, press down on them and bake. It may help pull the crayon marks up.

Related to Help! My DS Crayon'd My Med. Bar Pan - Ideas?

1. How do I clean my Med. Bar Pan if my child has colored on it with crayons?

To remove crayon marks from your Med. Bar Pan, mix equal parts baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the crayon marks and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a damp cloth to gently scrub the marks until they are gone. Rinse the pan with warm water and dry it thoroughly.

2. Can I still use my Med. Bar Pan if there are crayon marks on it?

Yes, as long as you clean the pan properly, it is safe to continue using it. The crayon marks will not affect the performance of the pan and will not transfer onto your food.

3. Is there a specific type of soap or cleaner I should use to clean my Med. Bar Pan?

We recommend using a mild dish soap and warm water to clean your Med. Bar Pan. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they may damage the non-stick coating.

4. Can I put my Med. Bar Pan in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting your Med. Bar Pan in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the non-stick coating and may cause warping.

5. How can I prevent my child from coloring on my Med. Bar Pan in the future?

To prevent your child from coloring on your Med. Bar Pan, try storing it in a higher cabinet or out of reach. You can also involve your child in the cooking process and teach them about kitchen safety and appropriate tools to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • Intrepid_Chef