• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Make an Informed Decision: Quality & Sizing of Gymboree Clothes

I can buy her exact size.In summary, the conversation is mainly focused on the quality and sizing of clothes from Gymboree. Most participants agree that Gymboree clothes are overpriced but with excellent quality. The clothes tend to run big and have adjustable waistbands, making them a good investment for children who grow quickly. Many also mention the ability to resell the clothes for a good price. Participants also offer tips on how to save money when shopping at Gymboree, such as using Gymbucks and getting a credit card for discounts. Overall, the consensus is that Gymboree clothes are worth the price for their durability and resale value.
peichef
I'm hoping you guys can help me :) I love Gymboree's website, but do not live close to any of their stores.

I am desperate to order clothes for my DD from their site, but have anxiety about doing so since I'd have to ship any returns back to the US (& it could get very costly).

I actually placed (and quickly cancelled) a lg order, thinking I'd come to you guys first.

How is the quality of their clothes?? (We've had some of their stuff handed down over the yrs, but i want to double check)

How do their sizes run? Big / small. (A comparison to GapKids / Baby Gap sizing would help me as my DD is a size solid & dependable4 or 5 at Baby Gap. At other stores she ranges from a 3-5.)

Any other thoughts / warnings / words of advice??

Re: GymboreeI love Gymboree! For the most part, it's all my 5 year old has ever worn. As far as how it runs, I don't know what to tell you. For my son, it runs big on him. He can still wear size 4 shorts - but size 5's fit him better. He's in size 6 shirts from them. In comparison, he's in Size 7 shirts from The Children's Place. My son is in the 80% percentile for height and weight (tall and lean) and Gymbo has always fit him best.

The quality is very good. I haven't ever had any problems with it and it washes GREAT. If you are going to do a big order, the best thing to do is to get their credit card. You get 5% of each time you order and do it during Gymbucks. Gymbucks is when you you get a $25 coupon for every $50 you spend and then when it's "redemption" time - you can redeem the $25 coupon for every $50 you spend (so basically, get stuff for 50% off).

Not a fan~I think they are over priced... but that is MPO!

Re: GymboreeI used to buy clothes from Gymboree for my kids quite often. I only bought things on sale, though. The quality was excellent, but this was 7 years ago and longer. I don't remember the sizes running small. Again, this was a long time ago.

Re: GymboreeCrazily overpriced but fabulous quality. Their stuff can hold up through several rough kids.

Re: Gymboree
dannyzmom said:
Crazily overpriced but fabulous quality. Their stuff can hold up through several rough kids.
My nephews are still wearing clothes that my kids wore at least 7-10 years ago.

Re: Gymboree
Kimmie said:
I love Gymboree! For the most part, it's all my 5 year old has ever worn. As far as how it runs, I don't know what to tell you. For my son, it runs big on him. He can still wear size 4 shorts - but size 5's fit him better. He's in size 6 shirts from them. In comparison, he's in Size 7 shirts from The Children's Place. My son is in the 80% percentile for height and weight (tall and lean) and Gymbo has always fit him best.

Too funny. My twin DSs are 7 & wear size 5/6 at Children's Place. I haven't bought anything from the Children's Place for DD for a long time. She's mostly a "Gap on Sale" kid. I'm thinking size 4 from Gymboree will fit her with room to grow. She's 33 lbs & 3'3.5" tall. (And starting school in Sept :(. )
As long as the bottoms have an adjustable waist she'll be good.
Wish me luck.

Re: GymboreeGymboree clothes are the best! One of the reasons I started my PC business was so I could spend more money there:blushing:. I would check their size chart when you order but I think they run true to size and almost all the pants/skirts/shorts have an adjustable waist. Another great thing about gymboree clothes is the resale price you can get on ebay or at consignment sales is really good so if nothing happens to the clothes, you can get a lot of your investment back later.

Re: GymboreeI love gymboree, my kids wear most of their stuff and Childrens Place. Gymboree tends to run big, at least on my kids. Amazing quality and holds up great!!

Re: GymboreeI love love love Gymboree, I think when you shop the sales and buy when they have gymbucks (which I think they do now) the stuff ends up cheaper than target plus you can resell it on ebay and get most of your money back. The great thing about their pants are the adjustable waist. My son is a noodle and I usually buy a size smaller for him in the pants and make them tighter. The quality is great. Go ahead and buy it, you will love it.

Re: GymboreeI love Gymboree. I am always and only buy things on sale. If you see something you like wait a couple of weeks and it will be on sale. They have new lines that come out every couple of weeks and so the other lines go on sale. Excellent clothes!!

Re: GymboreeI love Gymboree clothes - definitely the quality of babyGap clothes - but I prefer Gymboree's girls' clothing more than their boys' clothing, so I never bought much there except "church" or "picture" outfits. Now that I have 2 nieces, I'm getting more stuff there, b/c their girl clothing is SO cute! They are very high quality, too, so you'll definitely be passing things down to some other families after your child has gone through them. That's always a good test of good quality! ;)

Re: GymboreeGymboree is about all my daughter has worn since she was born 4 years ago!! It does tend to run a little big though.

Re: GymboreeI pared down my shopping cart, while I do a "trial run" with my 1st order. I got my both my DD & 1 DS a backpack/lunchbox, and a summer outfit for DD (on a big sale :)). I also picked up 1 fall outfit for her, figuring a t-shirt & skort are pretty easy to fit, even if a little too big.If this fits well, I'll order the rest of my wishlist & use the gymbucks I earned.Have you checked their website lately?? Really cute new collection for girls.

Re: GymboreeI don't buy a lot there since it just seems that I find cuter stuff elsewhere (maybe our store just doesn't stock the super cute stuff in comparison to other stores here). It is VERY good quality though! It's great to be able to actually have her wear clothes, wash them, pass them on and they still look great!Funny...b/c that is part of what I do with my PC money. Splurges on the dd and vacations. :)If you are nervous about it, err on the side of too big b/c then they'll be able to wear it later!

1. How do I know if Gymboree clothes are high quality?

At Pampered Chef, we understand the importance of quality in children's clothing. Gymboree clothes are made with high-quality materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure durability and longevity. Additionally, Gymboree offers a satisfaction guarantee, meaning they stand behind the quality of their products.

2. Are Gymboree clothes true to size?

Gymboree clothes are designed to fit true to size, but every child's body is unique. We recommend referencing the Gymboree size chart before making a purchase to ensure the best fit for your child.

3. Do Gymboree clothes shrink in the wash?

Gymboree clothes are pre-washed and pre-shrunk during the manufacturing process. However, to maintain the quality and fit of the garments, we recommend following the care instructions on the tag and avoiding high heat settings in the dryer.

4. What is the return policy for Gymboree clothes?

Gymboree offers a generous return policy for their clothes. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 60 days for a full refund or exchange. However, items must be in their original condition with tags attached.

5. Can I find Gymboree clothes in different sizes?

Yes, Gymboree offers a wide range of sizes for children, including newborn, infant, toddler, and youth. They also offer a size guide to help you determine the best fit for your child.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• maryhenderlite
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
maryhenderlite
  • Kinder_nole
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies