• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Business Card Sized Recipe Cards

definitely be interested in trying out the recipes!Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you are interested!
NooraK
Gold Member
I was at the store the other day, picking up a couple of whole chickens because they were on sale for $0.99/lb. I had a moment of inspiration, and thought I should go to VistaPrint and create some business card sized recipe cards with the 30-minute chicken recipe on them that I could stick on the chickens each time I'm at the store. Then I expanded upon the idea, and thought I should put the fajitas recipe on the other side and put those on the boneless, skinless chicken breast packages.

I've been playing around on VistaPrint's site since I got an email for free premium business cards the other day. The issue I'm running into is that even with the premium cards, it'll cost $6.99 to have the backs printed, and then shipping (the offer I got also had $5 flat shipping), and it's 250 cards. I could forward the offer email to DH, and order a second set of free premium business cards with the other recipe under his name, but then I'd have to pay the second shipping charge, and I'd only save $1.99. Plus, I'd have to keep the two different kinds of recipe cards straight when putting them out.

Writing all this out has kind of helped me decide on how to make the cards. What do you think about the idea? Do you think it's worth it? It'll cost $11.99 for 250 two-sided business cards.

Would the store allow that?

I'm just wondering if the store will allow this? Or have you already asked about it? Just wouldn't want you to get in trouble!

I wasn't really planning to ask... And I wasn't thinking I'd plaster one on each and every package, just tuck a few here and there. It is a concern though, but I don't think the store would do much more than throw them away.

I'd ask the store if you could place the "recipes" in a display stand or something by each section (whole chicken or fajita).

Coming from retail & human resources- if the store has a no solicitation policy (check near the front doors) then they prob won't allow it (or shouldn't). If you can do it, then a Union can come in and just leave their information tucked in another product.

Great idea though! Kudos if you get to do it!

Sorry but I wouldn't buy anything that had all kinds of stickers on it... Keep thinking there must be something better...

This isnt meant to be snarky so please dont be offended but here are reasons I think i would avoid doing it 1. I wouldn't keep anything stuck on or near a package of meat think of how nasty the meat cases are from leakage :)2. as a customer with my personality it would turn me away from PC and probably the store..... I would then expect to see them next in the baking aisle with a business card for a bakery, the cosmetics a Mary Kay card etc.there are many ways to market yourself. I encourage you to do the cards (I have several designs with different recipes on the back many times VP offers free printing on the back) but think of other ways to distribute them.

Maybe just print them on an Avery Label. It's a lot less expensive--and harder to throw away. But that doesn't solve the question of if it's allowed.

Teresa Lynn said:
This isnt meant to be snarky so please dont be offended but here are reasons I think i would avoid doing it

1. I wouldn't keep anything stuck on or near a package of meat think of how nasty the meat cases are from leakage :)

2. as a customer with my personality it would turn me away from PC and probably the store..... I would then expect to see them next in the baking aisle with a business card for a bakery, the cosmetics a Mary Kay card etc.

there are many ways to market yourself. I encourage you to do the cards (I have several designs with different recipes on the back many times VP offers free printing on the back) but think of other ways to distribute them.

Two very good points.

Thank you all for the feedback! I did order some cards, just the fajita recipe, because they were free, and I was ordering a couple of other things as well. Maybe I'll just stroll the meat department when I need bookings, and use them to start conversations :)

Noora, although I think the points about leaving therm in the meat department are well made, I think it's a great idea to put them on the back of cards--I often strike up a conversation with other people in line about what they are making with their groceries, or what I am making with mine.--I'd love it if someone I was talking to handed me a recipe for the chicken in my basket at that point, and then it's less like an approach and more like "here's a great fajita recipe!"Marghi

What are business card sized recipe cards?

Business card sized recipe cards are small recipe cards that are designed to fit into a standard business card holder. They typically measure 2 inches by 3.5 inches and are convenient for storing and organizing recipes.

What are the benefits of using business card sized recipe cards?

Using business card sized recipe cards allows for easy organization of recipes, as they can be stored in a business card holder or binder. They are also portable, making it easy to bring your favorite recipes with you on-the-go. Additionally, they are visually appealing and can add a personal touch to your recipe collection.

Can I customize the design of my business card sized recipe cards?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of customizable designs for business card sized recipe cards. You can choose from different colors, patterns, and fonts to create a unique and personalized recipe card.

What type of paper are the recipe cards printed on?

The business card sized recipe cards are printed on high-quality cardstock paper, which makes them durable and long-lasting. The paper is also easy to write on, so you can add your own notes or modifications to the recipes.

Are there any discounts for ordering business card sized recipe cards in bulk?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers discounts for ordering business card sized recipe cards in bulk. The more you order, the more you save. Our website also frequently offers promotions and deals on recipe cards, so be sure to check for any current discounts before placing your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• funinyourkitchen
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Heather Shepherd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ConShan
  • brandenc