• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Classroom Products for Teachers: A Catalog Show Must-Have!

In summary, when brainstorming with a team, it is important to encourage open communication, set a time limit, use visual aids, build on each other's ideas, and not dismiss any ideas. To come up with creative ideas, take breaks, use different techniques, ask questions, change the environment, and collaborate with diverse individuals. Some common mistakes to avoid during a brainstorming session include criticizing or judging ideas, allowing distractions, forgetting to set a goal, not recording ideas, and not following up. To ensure everyone's ideas are heard, use a round-robin approach, a facilitator, anonymous idea sharing, encourage participation, and a voting system. To make the most out of a brainstorming session, come prepared, be open-minded
ChefPeg
Gold Member
I just did a show the other night where many of the guests were teachers. The only PC product I could think of that would fit in the classroom is the tool turn-about. I see we have pamplets for baby-related items, dorms, etc. and I'd like to put one together for teachers so I can do catalog shows at my daughters' schools.

What do you think are good classroom products?

Prep Bowls for little things - paper clips, etc.
Bamboo note holder.

Shears (regular or mini) - something nice for the teacher to use

Double Wall Tumbler and/or SA Cups (mugs) - Teacher has something nice for her drink

Leakproof glass containers - good for taking lunch to work or for storing things in the classroom

Creative Cutters set - can be used to cut out shapes in clay/playdough or to trace shapes to cut out

The Bamboo Dry Erase Board could be useful, too - as the Note Holder (just a slightly different application - depends an where they are going to use it)

And do you ever have too many TwixIt Clips? Tie-Its would work well for various cords, etc.

How about these:
Spice Turn-About (might hold a little more than tool turn-about)
Baker's Roller (clay/playdough)
Flexible Cutting Mats
The Suds Pump
Bamboo Sink Caddy (would look nice on a desk)
Clock/Timer

Thanks for the ideas! Keep 'em coming!

OMG love all these ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!

What are some tips for brainstorming with a team?

1. Encourage open communication: Make sure everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas without fear of judgment. 2. Set a time limit: Having a time limit can help keep the brainstorming session focused and productive. 3. Use visual aids: Visual aids such as a whiteboard or sticky notes can help organize thoughts and ideas. 4. Build on each other's ideas: Encourage team members to build on each other's ideas to create even better solutions. 5. Don't dismiss any ideas: Even if an idea seems outlandish, write it down and see if it can be molded into something useful.

How can I come up with creative ideas during a brainstorming session?

1. Take breaks: Sometimes stepping away from the brainstorming session and coming back with a fresh mind can help generate new ideas. 2. Use different brainstorming techniques: Try using techniques like mind mapping or role playing to spark creativity. 3. Ask questions: Asking open-ended questions can help generate new perspectives and ideas. 4. Change the environment: A change of scenery can help stimulate new ideas. 5. Collaborate with diverse individuals: Working with people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring fresh ideas to the table.

What are some common mistakes to avoid during a brainstorming session?

1. Criticizing or judging ideas: This can stifle creativity and discourage team members from sharing their thoughts. 2. Allowing distractions: Make sure everyone is fully engaged and focused on the brainstorming session. 3. Forgetting to set a goal: Having a clear goal or objective can help guide the brainstorming process. 4. Not recording ideas: It's important to write down or record all ideas, even if they seem insignificant. 5. Not following up: After the brainstorming session, make sure to follow up and discuss how to implement the ideas generated.

How can I ensure everyone's ideas are heard during a brainstorming session?

1. Use a round-robin approach: Give each team member a chance to share their ideas without interruption. 2. Use a facilitator: Having a designated facilitator can help ensure everyone's ideas are heard and considered. 3. Use anonymous idea sharing: This can help eliminate any bias or fear of judgment. 4. Encourage participation: Make sure everyone feels comfortable and encouraged to share their ideas. 5. Use a voting system: After all ideas are shared, have the team vote on the top ideas to focus on.

How can I make the most out of a brainstorming session?

1. Come prepared: Have a clear agenda and any necessary materials ready to make the most of the session. 2. Be open-minded: Don't dismiss any ideas, even if they seem unconventional. 3. Take notes: Make sure to write down all ideas, even if they are just rough concepts. 4. Involve all team members: Make sure everyone feels included and has a chance to contribute. 5. Follow up and take action: After the session, have a plan in place to implement the ideas generated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies