• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Making Choc Microwave Lave Cake

In summary, the cake didn't turn out well in the microwave, and the frosting leaked out and covered the outside.
ahammons
I just peaked into the microwave... is it supposed to be rising way above the rim of the BB??? :(

Also, for those of you who needed to cook it a little longer - how much longer? Mine's not looking done after 11 min! :eek:

All microwave strenghs vary...you may have to experiment to find out yours.

I know, but knowing my luck, I'll burn it! lol

Okay, so I didn't burn it - :thumbup: lol

One question thought... isn't the frosting supposed to melt, and stay on the inside of the cake? Maybe I added a little too much or something... all of the frosting leaked out of the bottom of the cake, and covered the outside. (That's why I didn't think it was getting done!) It tastes okay though, so that's all that really matters. My 3 yr old saw it and said "That's a cool cake Mommy, I love it!"... he's usually my biggest critic when it comes to cooking, so I'm just happy he likes it. :D

Okay, maybe I should take back part of my last post.... My 3 yr old was eating away at the cake, then he just put down his fork and said he didn't like it. Actually his exact words were "that's disgusting, I don't like it" and started laughing... not sure if he's just joking or if he really means it. :rolleyes:

what recipe are you talking about ?
in the SBRC I see a molten recipe but it's in the silicone pan...
???
THX

So you answered your own question, I was going to say that making this cake in the BB is deceiving, but you see the frosting at the bottom and think that the cake actually isn't cooked!My cakes in the BB doesn't always turn out so well, so I started using the fluted stone and like those much better!!! And, I only put it in for 12 mins and its pretty much always done when I test it!Oh, and I also started not adding the frosting to the cake. Make it like normal, then frost it afterwards!

Jennifer - thanks! I think I'll definitely just frost the cake later, the next time I make it. I may also add something to the cake mix, because it was a little dry. I think DS liked the cake part... but the melted frosting on the outside grossed him out. lol I don't have a fluted stone yet, but I hope to get one soon.

ChefNic said:
what recipe are you talking about ?
in the SBRC I see a molten recipe but it's in the silicone pan...
???
THX

It is mentioned in another thread in "Recipe Tips"... I'm not sure which cookbook it's from.

ahammons said:
Okay, so I didn't burn it - :thumbup: lol

One question thought... isn't the frosting supposed to melt, and stay on the inside of the cake? Maybe I added a little too much or something... all of the frosting leaked out of the bottom of the cake, and covered the outside. (That's why I didn't think it was getting done!) It tastes okay though, so that's all that really matters. My 3 yr old saw it and said "That's a cool cake Mommy, I love it!"... he's usually my biggest critic when it comes to cooking, so I'm just happy he likes it. :D

I always make mine in the rice cooker and it turns out great. Also the icing is supposed to go to the bottom and melt then when you flip it out it looks like lava running down.

What's it called? Anyone???
thx
again... :)

chefheidi2003 said:
I always make mine in the rice cooker and it turns out great. Also the icing is supposed to go to the bottom and melt then when you flip it out it looks like lava running down.

Okay, I was just making sure that's what it was supposed to do! :) For some reason, I thought the icing was supposed to stay on the inside until you cut it open. Thanks!

If your microwave doesn't have a turntable, the frosting might get stuck in the middle, making it a "tunnel" cake instead. I've had the happen when doing German Chocolate Cake in the Fluted Pan. If I want the impressive Molten Chocolate Lave Cake, I use the Rice Cooker. The instructions I got say to leave the lid off, but I always put it on and mine have been fine. Never tried the BB.

As for the recipe, some consultants make alterations like substituting in sour cream, but I just make the recipe as indicated on the cake box and then use the small scoop to put 1/2 of a premade frosting container in the center of the cake mixture. It is way too messy if you use the whole container in the RC.

What ingredients do I need to make chocolate microwave lava cake?

To make chocolate microwave lava cake, you will need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, a pinch of salt, 3 tablespoons of milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.

Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use alternative flours such as whole wheat flour or almond flour. However, this may alter the texture and taste of the final product.

Do I need a specific type of mug to make this cake?

No, you can use any microwave-safe mug that can hold at least 8 ounces of liquid. Just make sure it is not too small, or the cake will overflow while cooking.

How long does the cake need to cook in the microwave?

The cooking time may vary depending on your microwave's wattage. It typically takes 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes to cook the cake. Check the cake at the 1-minute mark and continue cooking in 15-second intervals until the cake is fully cooked.

Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can mix the dry ingredients and store them in an airtight container until ready to use. When you are ready to make the cake, add the wet ingredients and microwave as directed. The cake is best served immediately, but it can also be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lindseystar
Replies
Views
Admin Greg