• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!!! I'm Putting in a Bid to Do a Cookingshow at a Grocery Store

In summary, CharlieGrocery Store manager is receptive to a Healthy Food Cooking Class and is willing to provide the ingredients. CharlieGrocery Store is also willing to host the class. CharlieGrocery Store manager wants the class to be advertised as a Pampered Chef event. CharlieGrocery Store is open from 1-3pm on Saturdays.
chee65
Has anyone done a cooking show at a grocery store before? Well I asked the store manager and he just wants me to present the recipe and format for my class. It's going to be a Healthy cooking class. I need recipe's too. I told him I am a consultant for the Pampered Chef and he is very very interested. Please help me with suggestions of what I should do. I want to email everything to him by tomorrow.

Here's what I'm thinking.

Doing a demo for the Thai Chicken Stir Fry Salad? Frozen juices in the quick stir pitcher and a fruit salad.

I would do a drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate and of course free cooking show.

I'm so excited. The store manager even told me that he would provide me with all the ingredients. YiPPeee

Charlie

Grocery Store...I've never done anything like that but it sounds like a fantastic idea! I may have to steal your idea and approach some of the grocery stores in my area:) I do think that what you have planned sounds great though. Maybe make sure you throw in lots of food tips.

Same hereYou go with that and you will have a great show! It's quick and easy and healthy. Everything you wanted. And you will be a hit with the "give a-ways"!
You've got it.
That is also a great idea too! We have a couple of supermarkets that may go for that idea as well. Really great!

How did you present the idea to the manager?? It sounds really great!

Congrats! This sounds like it will be fun and could be the start of something really wonderful for your business.

chee65 said:
I would do a drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate and of course free cooking show.

I suggest you arrange it so the drawing happens "after the fact" (Okay folks, let's hear some ideas on how to handle this) so you can call everyone who enters because they won a FREE cooking show.

Believe it or not, I've thought about this before, but have been too intimidated to do it. It really wasn't my own brainstorm, though. I heard that this is how Rachael Ray started out. :) How 'bout that?!!

Would love to hear about how everything goes and your results. What day of the week and time of day are you going to do it? My best wishes for your success - and I know it will be, 'cuz what better audience? Keep us posted.

Are you going to bring the chicken already cooked? I was just curious how to handle the "cooking" part of it. I would love to do that too, but wondered about that.

The Thai Chicken Stir Fry Salad uses the Stir Fry skillet. Whenever I do this at shows, I usually bring my little portable burner ($10 at Walmart!) and an extension cord. You could pretty much do the demo ANYWHERE. That's all the "cooking" there is in this recipe. It's a GREAT demo.

Hope you get a HUGE audience. What a cool idea!!

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Let us know how it works out. I might have to try this at my grocery store.

Well I prayed for another way to get bookings and while I was eating lunch I was looking through the grocery stores newsletter and the idea came to me. So after lunch I prayed again that the store manager would be receptive. I then called and asked for the store manager and introduced my self as a Pampered Chef Future Director and then I asked if he would be interested in a Healthy Food Cooking Class and he said yes. I made sure that he understood that I will be demoing The Pampered Chef tools and he said yes. He wants me to send him a format of what I'm going to be doing and what ingredients are needed. He also said that he will provide the ingredients. I asked him what the other requirements were and he said there are no real requirements but that the food should taste good. LOL. I assured him it would and of course I'm to advertise what the ingredients are so they can buy them from their store. So I also thought about giving out recipe cards with the specific ingredients and tools of course.

I will cook the chicken with the portable butane stove that I have. It is safe for indoors. This is what I do for shows anyways.

Thank you for all your support. I will be scheduling this for September and it would be on a Saturday. I'm thinking about 1-3pm. I think this is when the store is the busiest.

Wow how exciting. Rachel Ray actually did this. Hmmmm..... to be in the same thought process as Rachel Ray that alone is exciting. LOL:D ;)

Is this at a local grocery store, or a large chain? This sounds like a great idea! I might pitch it to some of the smaller organic stores in my area.

Well it is a chain of stores but I think they are mainly located in Arizona so they are not that large. They do sell a lot of health foods.

Cooking show at grocery storeWow what a great idea!!!!! I think will go to my supermarket and see what I can do about doing one of these.:)

I'm in. I confirmed it with him. I do have to get the certificate of insurance though but that should be no problem to get from Home Office. I have the request form that I will send in on Monday. I think I'm going to put some sort of sign on the skirt of my table that says "What's for Dinner tonight?" Let The Pampered Chef help. . I'm so excited about this. It will be the second Saturday in September. I will let everyone know how it goes. I think I'm going to bring one of my recruits with me and we'll split the contacts.

What a great idea! Please let us know how it turns out:D

It's sounds like a great thing I may do the same.

Well I finally did my demo and display at the grocery store today and boy am I tired. It was so much busier than the Babies R Us. I had my recruit with me and she was tired too.. We have alot..... of drawing slips to go through. I can't believe I'm too tired to go through them right now. On Monday I plan to make the phone calls. I'll let you know what the results are. Lord willing we'll both have several bookings from it. The store manager wasn't there today but the associate manager and the front manager were so super nice. They both said that they would like to see me come back. So maybe I'll do it again in November.

QuestionWOW! It sounds like this was a great hit!

Did you do demos at specific times with sit down attendees or did you cook continuously (like at Costco) and pass out samples as people passed by?:confused:

I am going to approach one of the local grocery stores in my area that has a huge healthy/organic selection and I would like some guidance regarding the format you used.

Congrats again.

How did it go? Did you get much interest in bookings and recruiting?
Did you do only the one recipe? How much did you serve--and how?
Prayers are amazing :) Good luck

I am so sorry about not responding earlier. My life has been so crazy for a few days now. So much going on. I've been so busy that I have only been able to call 5 people so far. But out of the 5: I left 1 message, 1 with a date (I'm giving her host packet tomorrow), 1 that I met with this afternoon for a recruiting interview that I thought went well, She has never heard of Pampered Chef before but would like to go to my show on Friday to see for herself if she can do it. 1 - that works at a hospital and has to check the calendar at work before she can commit to a date, she really sounds like she wants to host a show. And 1 that has to check with her son to see if she can have a show at his house because hers is too small. So all in all very positive responses. Tomorrow's another hairy day for me, what am I talking about the rest of the week is soooo.... busy. Thursday and Friday I have shows. So I'm going to try to squeeze in at least another 10 calls this week. Then the rest will have to wait till next week.

They want me to come back, but it will have to wait till November because I'm gonna be at the Home and Garden show in October all 3 days. I'm really looking forward to it.

It really is very beneficial to do. We just made 1 1/2 recipe of the Thai Chicken Stir-fry Salad, about 2 gallons of Strawberry Lemonade using real strawberries and real lemons with organic sugar. It was a real hit. We did just serve the salad in the little cups that they use for samples at Costco and the bathroom size cups for the lemonade. Judging by the cups that were left we served approx. 130 people.

We definitely got our name out there.

I was actually surprised at how many people have not heard of the Pampered Chef before. People thought we were a new restaurant in town and some thought we were a catering business.

I hope I helped.
Charlie

Charlie,
I just came across this thread. I was wondering what your ultimate results were. Did you go back in November? Do you have Publix grocery store up there? Did you set up similar to their Quick Fix Meal demos?

Kristi

1. What kind of products should I use in the cooking show?

The best products to use in a cooking show at a grocery store are versatile and easy to use. Our top recommendations include the Quick Cooker, the Rockcrok, the Garlic Press, the Food Chopper, and the Mix 'N Scraper. These tools are perfect for showcasing a variety of recipes and can be easily purchased at the store.

2. How do I decide on the menu for the cooking show?

When choosing the menu for the cooking show, it's important to keep in mind the audience and the products you want to showcase. It's also helpful to choose recipes that are simple, quick, and use everyday ingredients that are easily accessible at the grocery store. We recommend including a mix of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts to appeal to a wider range of people.

3. How do I engage the audience during the cooking show?

To engage the audience during the cooking show, it's important to interact with them and make them feel involved. Ask for volunteers to help with the cooking, answer any questions they may have, and encourage them to share their own cooking tips or experiences. It's also helpful to have some fun activities or games planned to keep the audience entertained.

4. Do I need to bring my own ingredients for the cooking show?

It's best to check with the grocery store beforehand, but in most cases, they will provide the necessary ingredients for the cooking show. However, it's always a good idea to bring some extra ingredients just in case. You can also consider partnering with the store and using their products in the recipes to promote their brand.

5. How can I make the cooking show visually appealing?

To make the cooking show visually appealing, it's important to have a well-organized and clean cooking space. Use colorful and eye-catching ingredients and cookware, and consider using props or decorations to add some flair to the display. It's also helpful to have a camera or video equipment set up to capture the cooking process and showcase the final dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies