• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Idea - Mall Store Competition

for example, 1 point for each $ in sales, 25 points for a catalog show booked, 50 for a cooking show...extra 10 points for each piece of cookware sold...just some thoughts....What about doing like a mystery host competition amongst the businesses. The business that sells the most will have opportunities to have it's employees (those that sold/bought) put their name in for benefits drawing. Just a thought. I wish I had those kinds of connections. :-)I think that if you leave products in the breakroom they will eventually "grow legs" because that is just how people are, if they see something nice and not tied down they take it home.
pchefinski
I just got an idea. My hubby works at the local mall and he is well known and respected at the stores there. Anyway I just thought of an idea, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how I could do it. The idea is to have a sales competition between the stores. I am pretty friendly with the jewelry store staff across the "hall" from hubby's store and think I could do well with throwing a few catalogs their way. I thought I could go to the different stores and tell them about the competition and then give out a couple catalogs for the staff (they could throw them in the breakroom maybe?) and at the end of 2 week period come collect the orders and payments. The store with the highest sales would get a prize. Now, I don't know what the prize would be. I could do something general, like providing a light lunch for the employees (I could probably get a discount on pizza from the in-mall pizzeria, as my hubby is uber friends with the manager). Or I could do something PC related - like the rewards from the show, but am not sure how I could give the benefits away. I'd like to do something that would benefit everyone who ordered from the winning store, and I don't know how I'd do that. Any ideas? I know it's just a rough idea, but if anyone could help me out, that'd be great.. Also, I'm wondering if I should maybe start out with the 3 jewelry stores that are in the mall first to see how it goes? Should I give bonuses for booking a show? Like a point for every dollar in sales collected, and then bonus X amt of pts for booking a catalog show & more for booking a home show.. something like that maybe? I really think this has potential but there are so many of you that have experience that may be able to help me tweak it to actually work and not be some sweet wicked cool idea in my mind. THANKS!!(P.S. if this works, it'll open a huge can of worms.. Imagine, contests between doctors offices in the big medical plazas, or between multiple hair salons..)

As far as the prize, you could use the show rewards to get things that the winning store could use in an employee break room: micro cookers, small bar pan, carafe, can opener - things people could use for lunch.

chefann said:
As far as the prize, you could use the show rewards to get things that the winning store could use in an employee break room: micro cookers, small bar pan, carafe, can opener - things people could use for lunch.

Ooooh! I like that idea!!! This sounds like a really cool show idea! Would you then make each store it's own show, or put all the orders into one?
~Vicks

This is a can of worms! A good can of worms I'm thinking. The potential business that could come out of it could be awesome.

Way to think out of the box!

I like Ann's idea. Also, think of bringing them a treat as a reward rather than buying pizza. I know when I'm at work for 9 hours each day, I don't take time to make myself a lunch at home often or bring something in, and I'm DYING for real food. I'm sure they'd really appreciate a treat!

For little things, Twixit clips are great if the breakrooms keep bags of chips, etc. If you go bigger for a "breakroom prize", maybe a set of prep bowls for their microwave to go with the microcooker, or some general "tools"...spatulas, etc.

As far as logistics...points for booking shows, points for $X in sales...for example, 1 point for each $ in sales, 25 points for a catalog show booked, 50 for a cooking show...extra 10 points for each piece of cookware sold...just some thoughts....

What about doing like a mystery host competition amongst the businesses. The business that sells the most will have opportunities to have it's employees (those that sold/bought) put their name in for benefits drawing. Just a thought. I wish I had those kinds of connections. :)

I think that if you leave products in the breakroom they will eventually "grow legs" because that is just how people are, if they see something nice and not tied down they take it home. Especially if they have high turnover with the store associates. I like Leigh's idea or how about "catering" a lunch for them using PC recipes?

As far as logistics...points for booking shows, points for $X in sales...for example, 1 point for each $ in sales, 25 points for a catalog show booked, 50 for a cooking show...extra 10 points for each piece of cookware sold...just some thoughts....
This is great!
The business that sells the most will have opportunities to have it's employees (those that sold/bought) put their name in for benefits drawing. I wish I had those kinds of connections. :)
Well, the only "connection" that I have with the ladies at the jewelry store is that I get my rings cleaned there and they happen to know my hubby b'c they drift across the way to his store now and then. But you don't have to know people. If I do the competition between the 4 jewelry stores in the mall, I don't know anyone from the other three, so you'll have to break out of your comfort zone sometime to approach everyone. You can do it! The worst than say is "no thanks". (like the kid at McD's asking if you want fries with that - if you don't, you just say No and he moves on to the next person, totally unoffended).
if you leave products in the breakroom they will eventually "grow legs"
Last night I realized that if the break rooms for the other stores in the mall are like the one DH's store has, they don't have anything but a small fridge and maybe a microwave in them. But I never thought they'd get taken - you're right. Sad, but true.I think, without knowing what kind of total sales I would get, that I'd start out having one huge show. Plus, having one show would mean that I could brag really big host rewards (hopefully) for the winning store. Now, I'm not sure if I would split it between those who ordered at that store, or if I would pick one person to win all of the benefits.

pchefinski said:
This is great!

Well, the only "connection" that I have with the ladies at the jewelry store is that I get my rings cleaned there and they happen to know my hubby b'c they drift across the way to his store now and then. But you don't have to know people. If I do the competition between the 4 jewelry stores in the mall, I don't know anyone from the other three, so you'll have to break out of your comfort zone sometime to approach everyone. You can do it! The worst than say is "no thanks". (like the kid at McD's asking if you want fries with that - if you don't, you just say No and he moves on to the next person, totally unoffended).

Thank you for the slap in the face this early...I have a fear of people telling me NO...I need to be the McD's kid...lol...THANK YOU.

What is the "Mall Store Competition" show idea?

The "Mall Store Competition" show idea is a fun and interactive cooking show where guests compete against each other to create the best dish using Pampered Chef products. It takes place in a mall setting, adding an exciting twist to the traditional home cooking party.

How many people can participate in the "Mall Store Competition" show?

The "Mall Store Competition" show can accommodate up to 10 participants, divided into teams of 2 or 3. This allows for a competitive but still intimate and collaborative cooking experience.

What kind of dishes will be made in the "Mall Store Competition" show?

The dishes made in the "Mall Store Competition" show can vary depending on the theme or type of cuisine chosen by the host. However, they will all be made using Pampered Chef products, showcasing their versatility and functionality in the kitchen.

Is there a prize for the winning team in the "Mall Store Competition" show?

Yes, the winning team will receive a Pampered Chef gift basket filled with products and goodies as their prize for winning the competition. This adds an element of excitement and motivation for guests to participate and do their best.

How can I book a "Mall Store Competition" show for my mall or store?

To book a "Mall Store Competition" show, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or contact our customer service team. They will be able to provide more information and help you plan a successful and entertaining show for your mall or store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pcmomof2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies