• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! I'm Doing a Show at Curves Tomorrow! Any Suggestions as to

In summary, Beth from PA is seeking suggestions for a cooking demo at Curves tomorrow. She's not sure what to make and is looking for recipes that are easy to prepare ahead of time and don't require access to a sink or stove. Some suggestions include the It's Good For You cookbook, a low-fat dip, a fruit tray, and the Med. Cafe Salad. Others have shared their experiences of doing shows at Curves and how they got the gig. One member suggests talking to the manager and setting up a table display. Others have had success with this approach, leading to multiple shows and a $1,000 show. Overall, it seems like a great opportunity to meet new people and showcase Pampered Chef products.
ChefBeth2
Help! I'm doing a show at Curves tomorrow! Any suggestions as to what to make? I've never done something like this! I won't have access to a sink or stove or anything like that. I'd love some suggestions on what to demonstrate, what food to make ahead of time, etc.

Thanks!

Beth in PA

How do you do a show at Curves? How did you get the gig? Do you approach the management? I have a Curves nearby I would love to get in with!

I would suggest someting out of the It's Good For You cookbook. They have a really good dip in there you could make up ahead of time and just bring the cutting board and knives, wedger, and other things to make up a fruit tray and demonstrate them to make up a pretty presentation.

And everyone can sit on the floor during the demo- a "low fat" show.

How about the Med. Cafe Salad from the celebrations shows a few seasons back. It was really yummy and easy!

I a in the process of joining my local curves and am going to be try to do demos there.

Good luck

Beth, I did a show at curves and was in the same situation. I made the Strawberry Spinach Salad. It was a big hit. you can also show a ton of product. Good Luck! Debbie

So how do you get a show at Curves???:confused:

I actually belong to a Curves in my town - member for the last 4 years - this is how I actually met my director. She had a table set up in May of 2005 for a HWC fundraiser and I came in to exercise and ordered some products. She also had a drawing and I won a free cooking show. I did my show in July of last year and then went to a cluster meeting in August to see the new products and recipes. Shortly after that, I signed up to be a consultant! Mind you, I had no intention of becoming a consultant before I met Becky (PamperedBecky on this site) but I was impressed with how fun it seemed and how easy it looked to make some money. I've really enjoyed this past year. So this past May, I was able to set up my own table for a HWC fundraiser of my own and although I didn't get any bookings from it - I did get over $750 in orders from it and everyone there pretty much knows where to come for their PC products. I didn't do a demo but set up my products and came at different times of the day to take orders. It was successful in my book and I'm hoping to do a holiday table there perhaps in November. I've also had the manager there do a catalog show that was over $500 in sales - I leave about 5 catalogs out and replenish them from time and time and a lot of the girls ask me how business is and I definitely talk about it. It's a great way to meet new people - you just never know what could happen. And I'm lucky because Becky told me I should do a table there since I am a member there (Thanks Becky!). I'm pretty social so it's easy to work it into conversations. Best of luck to you!

Gina Miller

Thanks, Everyone!I got this booking from a friend who had a show, and the director of one of our local Curves invited me to come do a show there. This is what I decided to make:

The Antipasto Pizza in the new Season's Best
A fruit tray with the Hawaiian Fruit Dip (got the recipe here somewhere!)

and the following recipes from It's Good For You Cookbook:

Quick Hummus Dip
Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Dip
Rosemary Pita Chips
Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups

I also got water bottles to pass out -- was going to do something in the Family Quick Stir Pitcher, but it got jammed into the dishwasher and cracked. :(

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes!

Beth in PA
Blessed Wife of Dean and Pampered Mama of 8 cheffers who love to help in the kitchen!

I'm celebrating my 2nd anniv. as a Curves member, tomorrow, and will have a table display for the five days of this week. I'm able to do that every three months. It has led to six shows in 16 months, for me. One was my first $1,000 show. I change my display, daily so that the table is not crowded,
and feature Cookware; Simple Additions; Kitchen Gadgets; Picnic and Bar-B-Q;
Classics. I have a drawing and generally give at least five Season's Best, or
several small items under $4 in value. At Holiday time when the owner was looking for donations for their Tree, I donated two cookbooks and gift certificates. Nobody called to redeem the Free Shows, and I never heard who got the Cookbooks. Nothing was posted to indicate the gifts were from
me/Pampered Chef, so it was not the free advertising I had hoped for. Keep that in mind if you are asked to donate free products for a member drawing
at Holiday time.

When I was at the Tues. night dinner at Wave 3 of National, one of the newly ladies who had become a Director in her first three months as a PC was also the owner/manager of a Curves in California. She had recruited six people who attended her Curves. She had an awesome personality and was so exciting and enthusiastic to talk with. Just a ball of fire! Do any of you recall who she might be?

Gina M said:
And I'm lucky because Becky told me I should do a table there since I am a member there (Thanks Becky!).

Gina Miller
You're welcome, Gina! :) I think pursuing things like this is WELL worth it. See? I got a great team member out of the deal who's a wonderful person and we have a lot of fun. I continue to do tables at some area Curves in May (besides the one Gina belongs to) and I always come away with a good-sized fundraiser out of it for Help Whip Cancer. But, Gina, you sure have the BEST one! And it helps that you're a member and know lots of the people. Keep up the great work!

I agree....you NEVER know who you're going to meet and what may come out of it.:D

OK - but if you are NOT a member - how to you suggest I go about approaching the manager at Curves? Do I do up a proposal? Such as maybe a mystery host type show?
Love the idea of the drawing for prizes!

Related to Help! I'm Doing a Show at Curves Tomorrow! Any Suggestions as to

What are some tips for preparing for a show at Curves?

Preparing for a show at Curves is similar to any other Pampered Chef show, but here are a few tips to make it a success:

• Make sure to bring a variety of products that are geared towards healthy cooking and portion control.
  • Consider doing a demonstration of a simple, healthy recipe that can be easily recreated at home.
  • Bring plenty of catalogs and order forms to pass out to guests.
  • Be sure to have a few extra products on hand in case guests want to purchase items on the spot.
  • Lastly, have fun and be enthusiastic about the products and the benefits of healthy cooking!

How can I engage with the guests at a show at Curves?

Engaging with guests is key to a successful show at Curves. Here are a few ways to get them involved:

• Encourage guests to try out products and participate in any demonstrations.
  • Ask for volunteers to assist with the demonstration or to share their own tips for healthy cooking.
  • Play a game or have a raffle for a small Pampered Chef product as a prize.
  • Provide handouts with healthy cooking tips or recipes for guests to take home.
  • Be sure to interact with guests and answer any questions they may have throughout the show.

How can I tailor my product presentation for a show at Curves?

Tailoring your product presentation for a show at Curves is important in highlighting the benefits of healthy cooking. Here are a few ideas:

• Focus on products that promote portion control and healthy meal preparation.
  • Provide information on how to make healthier versions of favorite dishes using Pampered Chef products.
  • Highlight the versatility of products that can be used for both cooking and exercising, such as the Quick Cooker or Deluxe Air Fryer.
  • Explain the benefits of using fresh ingredients and how Pampered Chef products can make it easier to incorporate them into meals.
  • Emphasize the convenience and time-saving aspect of using Pampered Chef products for healthy cooking.

What are some ways to promote the show at Curves?

Promoting the show at Curves is crucial in getting a good turnout. Here are some effective ways to spread the word:

• Utilize social media to create an event and invite friends and followers.
  • Distribute flyers or postcards at the Curves location or in the surrounding area.
  • Send out emails to your customer base and invite them to bring a friend.
  • Partner with the Curves location to promote the show to their members.
  • Offer a special promotion or discount for guests who attend the show at Curves.

How can I follow up with guests after a show at Curves?

Following up with guests after a show at Curves can help to generate future sales and bookings. Here are a few ways to do so:

• Send a thank-you email or note to all guests, including a reminder of any promotions or discounts.
  • Follow up with any potential leads or interested guests who did not make a purchase at the show.
  • Invite guests to join your customer group on social media or sign up for your email newsletter.
  • Offer to do a cooking class or demonstration for a group of Curves members.
  • Stay in touch with the Curves location and offer to do another show in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• button92
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
button92
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies