• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!!! I Have a Check Written To....

In summary, some banks will not cash checks written to Pampered Chef if they see that it is not in the handwriting of the person who originally wrote the check. If you are depositing the check, this should not be a problem, but if you are cashing the check, you may have to get a new one.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
Pampered Chef!
It has been SO long since I had one. What to do???

I had one and i wrote OR Kristin Dahlstrom next to it. I don't know if that is right but they took it.

I do the same--write my name after Pampered Chef and I've never had it denied.

DebbieJ said:
I do the same--write my name after Pampered Chef and I've never had it denied.
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that does that. It is easier than tracking down the person and I don't really think they would care anyway.

Some banks won't cash them if they see that and it's not in the handwriting of the person who originally wrote the check.
So you can try it, but don't be surprised if they refuse it.

Thanks Gals.....now if I can make it fit! The wrote it right in the middle!!

usually if you're depositing, they don't have any problem, but if you were cashing it, they may refuse...kinda dumb, cause you can turn around & withdraw that same amount at the atm, but whatever!!

chefann said:
Some banks won't cash them if they see that and it's not in the handwriting of the person who originally wrote the check.
So you can try it, but don't be surprised if they refuse it.

My bank is one of those that won't let me deposit it even if the customer changed it. I have to ask the customer to write me a whole new check. This happens rarely and most often everyone is great about it. It's just a pain when it's on a catalog show and I have to hunt the customer down.

My bank has never said anything when I have had this happen. I just stamp it for deposit only.

I bank at Regions and they allowed me to add a "title line" to my account that says DBA The Pampered Chef (doing business as The Pampered Chef). This allows me to deposit checks made out to me or The Pampered Chef.

My personal bank would not set up an account like this but Regions did.

Some banks require a DBA to be on a business account, which usually has additional fees.I got a teller at my bank last week who couldn't read. A customer had written the check to "Pampered Chef," but I told her it had to be made to me. So she just added my name without crossing out PC. When I took it to the bank, the teller thought it said PC and Szwarc - she kept saying, "It says AND, so you have to have Pampered Chef sign it, too." Finally, I got her attention and pointed to the second N and told her, "It says ANN. That's my name." :rolleyes:

chefann said:
Some banks require a DBA to be on a business account, which usually has additional fees.

I got a teller at my bank last week who couldn't read. A customer had written the check to "Pampered Chef," but I told her it had to be made to me. So she just added my name without crossing out PC. When I took it to the bank, the teller thought it said PC and Szwarc - she kept saying, "It says AND, so you have to have Pampered Chef sign it, too." Finally, I got her attention and pointed to the second N and told her, "It says ANN. That's my name." :rolleyes:

One of the rare times you wish you were your twin to have her name, huh?

finley1991 said:
My bank is one of those that won't let me deposit it even if the customer changed it. I have to ask the customer to write me a whole new check. This happens rarely and most often everyone is great about it. It's just a pain when it's on a catalog show and I have to hunt the customer down.

Same here. I always have to hunt the customer down for a new check.

Deposit It In The Night Slot----

My bank lets me add my name if it happens. They said that the only time that line really gets looked at is if there is a problem processing the check. I'm SO glad! It's only happened a few times but it would be a pain to have to get a new check. It's been from a catalog show or an outside order every time.

My sister works at a bank, and I've worked enough retail that USUALLY as long as you write on the back (where you sign and endorse and stuff) "FOR DEPOSIT ONLY" you can at least deposit it...

Related to Help!!! I Have a Check Written To....

What do I do if I have a check written to Pampered Chef?

If you have a check written to Pampered Chef, you can deposit it into your Pampered Chef bank account or mail it to our corporate office for processing. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance with depositing the check.

Can I cash a check written to Pampered Chef?

No, you cannot cash a check written to Pampered Chef. Checks written to Pampered Chef can only be deposited into a Pampered Chef bank account or sent to our corporate office for processing.

What if I receive a check written to a former Pampered Chef consultant or host?

If you receive a check written to a former Pampered Chef consultant or host, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to provide further instructions on how to handle the situation.

What happens if I lose a check written to Pampered Chef?

If you lose a check written to Pampered Chef, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to guide you through the process of getting a replacement check issued.

Can I request a refund for a check written to Pampered Chef?

No, you cannot request a refund for a check written to Pampered Chef. If you are unable to deposit the check into your Pampered Chef bank account or mail it to our corporate office, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • DeeDee616