• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

She Wrote Pampered Chef on Check...

In summary, the teller at the bank will not take a check that has been "signed over" to someone else.
J.Corley
I have a check with it written to PC do you write your name beside it?

I normally put a line through Pampered Chef and then write my name. Haven't had a problem with it yet.

I put a slash and write my name after it. Never a problem.

--Jenny L

As long as you don't actually ask the teller "Can I deposit this?" they seem to let it slide. As soon as you give them the opportunity to question it they will. I think they normally don't pay attention well.

My upline Director says she just writes For Deposit Only on the back of her checks that say PC and they take it. Who knows?

Honestly, I think it only becomes an issue if you want to cash it. If you want to deposit it, they will take anything, even a check made out to me! or the gas station, etc.

--Jenny L

It depends on the bank. Some will send it back to you later if they didn't notice it when you were making the deposit. The safest way is to get a whole new check from the customer.

I have had my checks given back to me from my bank, they would not deposit it. Also, if you tamper with a check,they may not deposit the check either. Maybe my bank is strict, but I have learned to be very up front that check have to be made out to me.

---- Kendra R

From a former bank teller...I worked for a bank/credit union for 4+ years, and I have to tell you that if you change the check in any way it is actually fraud! (Even though we all do it from time-to-time!) If a customer makes it out to PC the best thing to do would be to sign the back of the check as it appears on the front: "Pampered Chef" and under that sign "by owner Brandi Ward" or something of that nature. If you are going to change it, I would call the customer and give them a heads up, just tell them the check was supposed to be payable to you not pampered chef, and would she mind if you wrote in your name.. most of the time they will have no problem with it, but if the bank questions it you can have the bank call the customer and verify it with them, and they will give you no problems after that.

It is true, many tellers will let this slide for one reason or another, but you may get that one teller who will be anal about it!

Since I've been a teller before I have sortof bred it into my being to examine all checks closely, so when I'm checking people out I always make sure the amount is right, they make the check out right, and that it is dated and signed, that way if there is any problem the customer is still in front of me and can fix it!!!! :eek:p It's like a little mental checklist...But it took a few years for me to develop that sense of checking checks...

So... PS---- If you are going to change something on the check, it is fraudulent and don't do it in front of the teller or you may get busted!!! :eek:p

Love,

Brandi

Banks are getting very strict about this with all the identity theft. Mine will no longer take a check that has been "signed over" to someone. Ex: check is written to host, host signs back "pay to the order of Me" My bank will not take it unless the person signing it over is there with you. I have had this happen with checks written to my husband too. Our Joint act was at a bank that did not have a branch in our new town but my bank with my PC act does so I would try to deposit these cks. Nope no way... I have even had difficulty with checks that were made to both my hubby and I. The bank would not take it even though we both signed it unless he was there....

Bottom line is if you can get a new check fairly easily I would do it.

I also have printed on my OOF's that I use "make checks payable to (my full name)". I have this on top and down by the total box. It has helped alot.

Sory this got so long..... just wanted everyone to know banks are really cracking down.

My bank won't take it under any circumstances. I have to get a whole new check. This has forced me at check out to look at all checks to be sure they are made out to me. The only problem I have is occasionally an outside order will make the check out to PC. Then that's a pain to track them down.

This is a super old thread but just in case someone comes across it looking for the answer I thought I would add...
I have a seperate account for PC and have my name along with PC listed on the account so even though I always tell customers to write the check out to me if they do write it out to PC I can cash it no problem without having to change the check in anyway.
So maybe see if you can add PC to your account and then you would be coverd?

My checks say

Nancy Collins
Pampered Chef Account
Address....

I have written /Nancy Collins after the PC name on occasion but I always call the customer and let them know in case their bank calls them.
I also find that if I deposit them at the ATM rather than inside I never have a problem. My girlfriend only accepts checks to the hostes for this reason, tells them: my preferred method of payment is ATM/DEBIT but if you write a check, please write it to the hostess...most of her payments are electronic now.

I wish that PC had a better method for ccards than us or the customer writing the number down--I have 3 shows waiting to close this morning because the customer wrote their number down wrong, or I did. Banks make the #'s the same color as the card now (rather than the silver letters and numbers) and sometimes in a hurry I transpose a "7" or a "1" or a "3" or an "8". I try to be careful but if the lighting is low or there are 6 people in line to give me their orders it's easy to make a mistake.

Nanisu said:
My checks say
My girlfriend only accepts checks to the hostes for this reason, tells them: my preferred method of payment is ATM/DEBIT but if you write a check, please write it to the hostess...most of her payments are electronic now.

I always have the guests write the checks out to me. This way if one bounces, it's a smaller one than a check for the whole show. I've had three checks bounce in 2+ years of selling and ALL of them have been from the hosts. I'm just glad the bounced check was only for her order ($80) verses the whole show ($600+)

My checks say
Elizabeth young
D/b/a the pampered chef
AddressSo they take it either way

elizabethby said:
My checks say
Elizabeth young
D/b/a the pampered chef
Address

So they take it either way

That is a violation of the consultant policies. you are not THE Pampered Chef. Just letting you know.... I'm not one to report anyone or anything. :)

DebbieJ said:
That is a violation of the consultant policies. you are not THE Pampered Chef. Just letting you know.... I'm not one to report anyone or anything. :)

I was going to say that too.... I read it somewhere but I couln't remember where or find it again.

But it is against consultant policiy.

yeah, actually for a bank to even legally open that kind of account, you would have to have an assumed name certificate first that says dba The Pampered Chef, which of course is against our company's policies.

elizabethby said:
My checks say
Elizabeth young
D/b/a the pampered chef
Address

So they take it either way

You are supposed to include "Independent Consultant..." before The pampered Chef. Policy Guidelines spell it out for you.

punkie1019 said:
This is a super old thread but just in case someone comes across it looking for the answer I thought I would add...
I have a seperate account for PC and have my name along with PC listed on the account so even though I always tell customers to write the check out to me if they do write it out to PC I can cash it no problem without having to change the check in anyway.
So maybe see if you can add PC to your account and then you would be coverd?

I too have separate PC account with PC listed and haven't had a problem (yet)

Related to She Wrote Pampered Chef on Check...

1. What does it mean if someone wrote "Pampered Chef" on their check?

Writing "Pampered Chef" on a check typically means that the person made a purchase from a Pampered Chef consultant or hosted a Pampered Chef party and is paying for their order.

2. Can I write "Pampered Chef" on my check even if I didn't purchase from a consultant?

Yes, you can write "Pampered Chef" on your check for any reason. Some people choose to do so to show support for the company or to promote their own Pampered Chef business.

3. Is it necessary to write "Pampered Chef" on my check if I am paying for a party order?

No, it is not necessary to write "Pampered Chef" on your check if you are paying for a party order. However, it can help the consultant keep track of which orders have been paid for and which ones still need to be processed.

4. Can I write "Pampered Chef" on a check for a return or refund?

Yes, you can write "Pampered Chef" on a check for a return or refund. This will help the consultant or company identify the reason for the check and process it accordingly.

5. What should I do if I accidentally wrote "Pampered Chef" on my check but did not make a purchase?

If you accidentally wrote "Pampered Chef" on your check but did not make a purchase, you can contact your bank and request to have the check cancelled or voided. You can also reach out to the Pampered Chef consultant or company to inform them of the mistake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Marg
  • jesusluvsu2005