• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Hubby Needs an Appetizer for Work Tomorrow

In summary, Karen suggests bringing an appetizer to work that is cold, such as meatballs or dip. She also suggests a hot dip or crockpot meal. Another option is the Savory Pecan Crusted Blue Cheese bites.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hey all! I am drawing a blank here....my husband needs to bring in an appetizer to work tomorrow. He goes in at 8am and the potluck starts at 11am, no fridge to keep cold and no oven to heat anything up. Thoughts on what he could bring, outside of veggies and dip in the CS?

Thanks,
Karen

thehaleykitchen said:
Hey all! I am drawing a blank here....my husband needs to bring in an appetizer to work tomorrow. He goes in at 8am and the potluck starts at 11am, no fridge to keep cold and no oven to heat anything up. Thoughts on what he could bring, outside of veggies and dip in the CS?

Thanks,
Karen

I bet it's cold where you are at...so perhaps if it is something that needs to be kept cold, he could leave it in the car?

What about a hot dip or meatballs in a crockpot? Can he plug those in at work?

Someone already claimed meatballs....wonder about the fiesta cheese torta or just making a sandwich ring...

This is an incredible crab dip recipe made in the crock pot...whenever I make it, it's a huge hit. I don't use near as much hotsauce in it...probably a quarter of it...but other than that, it's awesome!

A Year of Slow Cooking: CrockPot Crab Dip Recipe

How about the Savory Pecan Crusted Blue Cheese bites- they are very good- and can stay out for a while. I made them today and they are a big hit for my husband's work!

Both great ideas! Thanks!

Sign up sheet just went around here for a party, here are some of the apps. Not sure if they will give you any ideas.

pasta salad
deviled eggs
cheese & crackers
beef stick /pepperoni (I guess to go with cheese/crackers)
salad (regular salad)
fruit salad
doughnuts
cold shrimp dip
veggie pizza
salsa & chips
hot dogs (in a crockpot)

(plus a ton of desserts :) )

How about a block of cream cheese with our pineapple sauce and crackers?

I did the chile lime meatballs BUT changed it to Chile Lime Chicken wings the other night for our team party, in the crockpot. I already had the chicken. It was yummers!

Nanisu said:
I did the chile lime meatballs BUT changed it to Chile Lime Chicken wings the other night for our team party, in the crockpot. I already had the chicken. It was yummers!

LIKE!! (requires extra characters)

Related to Help! Hubby Needs an Appetizer for Work Tomorrow

1. What are some easy appetizers my husband can make for his work potluck?

Some easy appetizers your husband can make for his work potluck include cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, vegetable platter with dip, fruit skewers, and mini quiches.

2. How can my husband make sure his appetizer stays fresh during transportation?

To ensure the appetizer stays fresh during transportation, your husband can use a cooler or insulated bag with ice packs. He can also wait to assemble or add any toppings until he arrives at work.

3. Can my husband make an appetizer the night before?

Yes, your husband can make the appetizer the night before. Some appetizers, such as dips and spreads, actually taste better when the flavors have had time to meld together overnight.

4. What are some affordable appetizer options for a work potluck?

Some affordable appetizer options for a work potluck include chips and salsa, mini meatballs, veggie and dip cups, bruschetta, and pigs in a blanket.

5. Can my husband use pre-made or store-bought items for his appetizer?

Yes, your husband can use pre-made or store-bought items for his appetizer. This can save time and effort, especially if he is short on time. Just make sure to properly label any store-bought items to avoid any potential allergies or dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSheep
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • stephanieboyd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
stephanieboyd
  • dannyzmom