• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy Sunday: Bridal Shower Shopping & Demoing

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant named Lacy who had a busy Sunday. She had an unexpected bridal shower event where she was able to sell $750 worth of products and make the bride happy. Other consultants in the conversation are encouraging someone named Dooles to also offer registry and shower services, as it can lead to successful sales.
lacychef
Okay, so my Sunday was crazy!! Here goes....got home Sat nite from working at my parents' restaurant, & hubby says 'xxxx called to see if everything was all set for tomorrow?' So.....a host from June had told me she wanted me to be part of this bridal shower she & another lady were doing. They were renting out her sister's salon, & the guests were getting their hair or nails done & while they're waiting they can shop for gifts from me & a home interiors lady. Ok, great I said sure I'll do it. WELL, the last I heard was it was either the 1st or 2nd Saturday in August. I hadn't heard anything last week, so was assuming it was the 2nd Sat. THEN I GOT THIS CALL!! Talk about stressed! Anyway, she called me back again around 8am Sunday & then felt really bad that they hadn't gotten back with me with the info...& it was starting at 11am! Well, luckily I didn't have any major plans; & she said I didn't need to demo or make anything-just set up products & such, & she had already typed up the bride's wish list. So....I went & set up, had a great time...& had $750 in sales! Holy cow, what a day it was, but I was sooo glad that I could do it! Now the bride is excitedly picking out her freebies:)

Way to turn something possibly disastrous into a great job! You're more than halfway to the mid-season products!

WOW Lacy! An unplanned $750 show? You can't beat that:D
I bet you are glad you didn't have plans! Hooray for you!

Good job! Doesn't God work in mysterious ways....

That's awesome! I just became a consultant and know someone who is getting married but I'm afraid to offer our registry and shower because I'm afraid I won't be good at it. I wish I had your courage!!!

Dooles said:
That's awesome! I just became a consultant and know someone who is getting married but I'm afraid to offer our registry and shower because I'm afraid I won't be good at it. I wish I had your courage!!!

You can do it!! It is really not any harder than a normal show. And we will all be here to help you. Call them up and get them registered!!!! If they do not want to do an actual registry, they can still do a party as a bridal shower!!

I have a mother that just up and ordered her daughter about $400 worth of products and is going to get orders from other family members of things she knows her daughter will need. Talk to their friends and wedding party to see if they want to order them some things as gifts.

SKILL - baby - SKILL
Dooles said:

Dooles,

Did you hear what Lacy said? "So....I went & set up, had a great time...& had $750 in sales! Holy cow, what a day it was, but I was sooo glad that I could do it! Now the bride is excitedly picking out her freebies."

The host didn't want her to demo anything - the host had the brides wishlist already prepared - she TOOK HER PRODUCT - SET IT UP and had $750.00 in sales!!

WAY TO GO LACY!!!

You already have what it takes - you took the first step by signing with PC - Right? - I know you could do it!! Give this person a call - "Have a Blast - Just Ask!!"

We are here to help you!!

SKILL - baby - SKILL
Dooles said:

Dooles,

Did you hear what Lacy said? "So....I went & set up, had a great time...& had $750 in sales! Holy cow, what a day it was, but I was sooo glad that I could do it! Now the bride is excitedly picking out her freebies."

The host didn't want her to demo anything - the host had the brides wishlist already prepared - she TOOK HER PRODUCT - SET IT UP and had $750.00 in sales!!

WAY TO GO LACY!!!

You already have what it takes - you took the first step by signing with PC - Right? - I know you could do it!! Give this person a call - "Have a Blast - Just Ask!!"

SKILL - baby - SKILL
Dooles said:

Dooles,

WAY TO GO LACY!!!

You guys are so inspiring!! I really want to do it now; but I called PC customer svc and they said I have to qualify first. I only have two shows booked so far; one will close on the 13th and the other on the 29th of August. So if I can get two more before October, that's when they're getting married, I can do their registry! Now I really want to! Wish me luck, I'm gonna try to get some more bookings!

Dooles said:
You guys are so inspiring!! I really want to do it now; but I called PC customer svc and they said I have to qualify first. I only have two shows booked so far; one will close on the 13th and the other on the 29th of August. So if I can get two more before October, that's when they're getting married, I can do their registry! Now I really want to! Wish me luck, I'm gonna try to get some more bookings!
You only need to be qualified to have the wedding registry on your website, but you could still do a Wedding Shower! I don't direct people to the registry on my website until AFTER the shower anyway, so as not to confuse them. For a Wedding Shower, the bride tells you her wish list ahead of time, then you would find a way to display at it at the shower. Everyone does this differently....passing around lists of her wish list, posting it at the shower, cutting out pictures and mounting them on card stock with prices and displaying them on a table or a poster board at the table (allowing guests to just pick the cards up and bring them to you) or doing other cute ideas.

Since you've got some leads, become familiar with what the Wedding Shower can offer her and try to promote that. It's just submitted as a show (a Bridal show) and there's no need to have a registry on your website for that. When the shower's done and you've qualified THEN you can put whatever she didn't get as gifts at the shower on her wedding registry. Have fun!:)

And if your first two shows make $1250 in commissionable sales, you will be qualified and won't have to wait!

I am in that boat too...advice I got was in the meantime, get the bride a catalog so she can have her list ready when you qualify!

Wedding Registries are only through websites - you have to qualify to have one attached to you. However, you could do a wedding shower as one of your shows to qualify and set up the wedding registry after the shower with the items they didn't get at the shower.

1. What is "Crazy Sunday" and what does it involve?

"Crazy Sunday" is a bridal shower shopping and demo event where the bride and her guests can shop for kitchen and cooking products from Pampered Chef. It also includes live demonstrations of our products and recipes.

2. Can anyone attend "Crazy Sunday" or is it exclusive to brides?

Anyone can attend "Crazy Sunday"! While it is a popular option for bridal showers, it is open to anyone who wants to shop for Pampered Chef products and learn new cooking techniques.

3. Is there a cost to attend "Crazy Sunday"?

No, there is no cost to attend "Crazy Sunday". It is a free event for guests to come and shop and enjoy the demonstrations.

4. Can I purchase products at "Crazy Sunday" or is it just for browsing?

Yes, you can purchase products at "Crazy Sunday"! It is the perfect opportunity to stock up on kitchen essentials or find unique gifts for the bride-to-be.

5. Are there any special deals or discounts offered at "Crazy Sunday"?

There are often special deals and discounts offered at "Crazy Sunday"! Make sure to ask your consultant about any current promotions or bundles that may be available during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • chefcharity
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • shawk752