1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: HELP! Doll Cake ...

1. pcjenr

pcjenr Novice Member

OMG ... I've been wanting to make mini-doll cakes for my daughters b-day May 19th but I went tonight to 2 different stores and MY GOSH the doll cake picks are UGLY! Any ideas on where to get a better looking doll cake pick? Only a month to go :eek:

Apr 9, 2009
  2. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Use a "Kelly" doll (Barbi's little sister). Stick them in...then the kids at the party can take them home as a party favor!

BTW...don't bake the cake with the doll in...I heard from an "experienced" friend that Barbi's hair doesn't like it!!! hehehehe

Apr 9, 2009
  3. pcjenr

pcjenr Novice Member

HAHAHA ... TOOO funny ... I definitely thought I'd wait until after, since I'm sure the kids wouldn't like Barbie FRIED ROFL ... hahaha, thanks for sharing. I will look into it, but to be honest, if Kelly is too expensive, I might have to pass - geez ... it's SOOO expensive to have birthday parties! Thanks for the tip!

Apr 9, 2009
  4. nikked

My thought on the expense factor is to use the doll as their "goody bag"...if you do those. Just save out the clothes and send each child home with a doll and outfit...

Big Lots has had Kelly dolls in the past inexpensively, and I believe that some stores have "generic" Kelly dolls.

HTH!

Apr 9, 2009
  5. pcjenr

pcjenr Novice Member

MUCH thanks! I ordered online and am excited to see the dolls! I couldn't find ANYTHING in stores near me - but thanks for the tips - they are kelly dolls, and should do the trick! I'll take pictures!

Apr 15, 2009
  6. nikked

So, inquiring minds want to know...what was your final decision and how did they turn out?

May 18, 2009
  7. nikked

Oops! Just saw that the party is TOMORROW! Can't wait for the reports!

May 18, 2009
Have something to add?